Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Ares scr replacement stock

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ryubgoto510

Ryubgoto510

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted May 19 2017 - 01:42 PM

Soo...I'm in the market to buy an SCR lower, as it seems like the only option for NYC residents as far as AR-type rifles go. Unfortunately, I just can't stand the look of the existing stock. Do any of you know any aftermarket makers of SCR-compatible stocks? Basically I'm looking to have a stock that will make parallel the upper receiver/barrel with the top of the stock, and have it look better than the current one. Not just adding a cheek riser. For example, the McMillan A5 grip and stock for bolt actions almost does this. Any excuse to have a pistol-like grip/stock hybrid. It also has to work with the SCR lower, given its unique trigger assembly placement, which is what got it past NYC gun laws in the first place.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 19,579 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted May 19 2017 - 02:32 PM

Hello. I suggest you check out the calgun forum. They extensively discuss the Ares SCR.

#3 kouzman

kouzman

Respected Gunowner

• 140 posts
  • Locationnew york

Posted May 19 2017 - 05:51 PM

I think Remington 1100 stocks fit.
  • VolkoSupply likes this

#4 VolkoSupply

VolkoSupply

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 2,831 posts

Posted May 19 2017 - 08:25 PM

I think Remington 1100 stocks fit.

the ones I've seen have all been straight pull stocks. Strangely enough i really like straight pull stocks on a shotgun.

#5 LarryD23

LarryD23

Sharp Shooter!

• 410 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted May 20 2017 - 08:00 AM

I've read that Remington 1100/870 stocks may fit the Ares SCR, possibly with minor modifications. This is the Remington 1100 competition stock. I have a Monte Carlo stock on mine and I am not unhappy with it. I am, however, thinking about replacing the stock MOE handguard with a 15" floating handguard

1100Comp_AdjustableStock.jpg?itok=40V-Zb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users