Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Possible device to avoid CA semi auto rifle registration

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 rvc-ny

rvc-ny

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 415 posts

Posted May 18 2017 - 10:43 AM

No doubt many of you have received an email from gunbroker.com about this device.

California DOJ has been willing in the past to provide a written ruling on these things, as they did with the bullet button.  We'll see if they'll cooperate again.  What I find so amusing to watch is politicians who agonize over a ban and finally jam it through, and then enterprising companies invest a way to mostly avoid the ban.  It has to be frustrating for them :-)

I don't see anything here that says it's a permanent change, nor does the CA law require that.  There is only this 1 year window to register and, if modified to not fall into their assault weapon category, it cannot be un-modified later.  

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Jaredwii

Jaredwii

Respected Gunowner

• 180 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County, ISLIP

Posted May 18 2017 - 10:52 AM

I'm not sure if this will be compliant since you can easily holding the button while rapid firing.

• DarkStorm likes this

#3 mason852

mason852

Still a David Crockett kid

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,729 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted May 18 2017 - 11:30 AM

I wasn't planning to move to Kalifornia any time soon;but send it to Andy Boy maybe he will cut us some slack

#4 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,355 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted May 18 2017 - 11:46 AM

More neat devices for the AR market.
This is a single shot rifle. I hope one of our forum sponsors will stock them soon!

#5 only7rounds

only7rounds

Sharp Shooter!

• 373 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted May 18 2017 - 01:07 PM

I'm not sure if this will be compliant since you can easily holding the button while rapid firing.

It appears you have to release it each time.

If not, I think it could be made to work that way.

If you have to do something besides pull the trigger to discharge a round, it is no longer an AW under the current law.

#6 Mad Russian

Mad Russian

Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!

• Donated Member
  • 21,970 posts
  • LocationUltimate irony is admiring a foreign President more than your own!

Posted May 18 2017 - 01:29 PM

Not to worry, the bottom dwellers in Albany will find a way to amend the law or add another regulation.

#7 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 19,579 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted May 18 2017 - 03:38 PM

Or you could have a bolt action rifle.................

• Camaro45th likes this

#8 Tracee

Tracee

Respected Gunowner

• 106 posts
  • LocationSea Cliff, NY

Posted May 18 2017 - 11:34 PM

"What I find so amusing to watch is politicians who agonize over a ban and finally jam it through, and then enterprising companies invest a way to mostly avoid the ban. It has to be frustrating for them :-)".

...and that's the good ole' American Way!!! Innovation!!
  • Mad Russian likes this

#9 hoodfu

hoodfu

Gun Guru

• 656 posts

Posted May 19 2017 - 08:05 AM

"What I find so amusing to watch is politicians who agonize over a ban and finally jam it through, and then enterprising companies invest a way to mostly avoid the ban. It has to be frustrating for them :-)".

They never cared about you or your gun rights or that you have this or that gun. They only cared about being able to put another bullet point on for their campaign poster. We wring our hands endlessly about things that they never had a second thought about.

#10 DarkStorm

DarkStorm

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Donated Member

• 2,346 posts

Posted May 19 2017 - 08:28 AM

This has been around for a while from a few companies.  The problem is that holding your finger on the bolt catch will allow the rifle to operate normally.  That makes it's legality questionable at best.

• Mad Russian likes this

#11 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,355 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted May 19 2017 - 08:46 AM

This has been around for a while from a few companies.  The problem is that holding your finger on the bolt catch will allow the rifle to operate normally.  That makes it's legality questionable at best.

Like a Pump shotgun/rifle the state can make another reason to ban a firearm because the subsequent shots are easy.

#12 hoodfu

hoodfu

Gun Guru

• 656 posts

Posted May 19 2017 - 12:05 PM

It says right in the video that holding your hand on the button does NOT let the rifle operate normally. You still need to release it and hit it again. Did you watch it?

#13 DarkStorm

DarkStorm

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Donated Member

• 2,346 posts

Posted May 19 2017 - 12:51 PM

It says right in the video that holding your hand on the button does NOT let the rifle operate normally. You still need to release it and hit it again. Did you watch it?

They put a box over the bottom.  So not you can't manually lock the bolt back.  Points for creativity, and it does move it more in the direction of legal.

• Mad Russian likes this

#14 CTM

CTM

Sharp Shooter!

• 348 posts
  • LocationColchester,NY & Suffolk, NY

Posted May 19 2017 - 02:12 PM

If I wanted a single shot I would buy a bolt gun, a lever gun, or a pump gun.

#15 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 19,579 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted May 19 2017 - 02:38 PM

A single shot AR goes against the laws of nature!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users