Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

MEAN ARMS Email

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 Jaredwii

Jaredwii

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 215 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County, ISLIP

Posted April 19 2017 - 11:59 PM

Today i got an email from MEAN ARMS for my order of one MA loader,  they said the shipping date is delayed in between May 25th and May 30th but best part is they even including MA Feed ramp, Free shipping, and additional MA loader as "token of our appreication"! I was sort of upset that i had to wait little longer but DAMN they actually added 2nd loader and feed ramp... Hope you all get the same email as well

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 539 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted April 20 2017 - 04:52 AM

I got it as well, I posted the email in another topic, I was busy at work and just wanted to get the info out that they sent.

I was bummed as well, considering that I called them earlier this month and asked when t would be shipping and was told the end of the month. I'm ok with them taking another month. It sucks, but shit happens. If the damn thing works AND they are giving us an extra, it's kind of worth it.
What I don't understand is why does their website STILL show the original shipping dates. They added a 3rd preorder for June, but still show the first set shipping in April. It's now the day after they sent us the email.
The other thing I do not understand is they claim we are getting "Free Shipping". Were they planning on contacting us for additional $ after the preorder to pick up the cost of shipping? Or did they just put that in the email to try to show one extra thing we are "getting".

I have been anticipating this thing since I preordered back in the beginning of march, there was no word until yesterday's email that they were even going to contact us regarding when it would be shipped. Checking my mail everyday and not seeing anything is a bummer but at least now we know we can stop looking for the time being.

#3 LarryD23

LarryD23

Sharp Shooter!

• 455 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted April 20 2017 - 05:26 AM

Has anyone seen the MA Loader in person?

#4 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 19,707 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted April 20 2017 - 05:52 AM

I bet you could sell that second one with no problem.

#5 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 539 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted April 20 2017 - 05:54 AM

I'd rather keep it and have 2 to load.
  • Jaredwii likes this

#6 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 539 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted April 20 2017 - 05:54 AM

But maybe they are doing for all their preorders, maybe somehow you would get included in it by still preordering? I know it's a long shot but you never know

#7 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,460 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted April 20 2017 - 06:02 AM

This item was even bigger than expected. I can see people who live in free states buying this item.
I hope the company can fulfill it's high expectations from their customers.

#8 Sport454

Sport454

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 976 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted April 20 2017 - 06:21 AM

Being in the plastics manufacturing business I'll take a guess at what has happened.

Startup costs for an items like this are huge ..... probably over $100K for engineering, prototypes & molds.

The "molds" are the big one ...... say $50K for 3 of them.

Most mold builders require a 50% deposit which they were going to pay with the proceeds of the preorders.

I'll bet they were promised parts in 6 to 8 weeks .... then with delays, samples, adjustments & other BS 6 weeks turns into 12!

Now they have to pay for the balance of the molds before the molder will start production ..... more pre orders.

Depending on the size of the molds production rates could be as much as 3,000 per day [1 shift]

Once they are "IN PRODUCTION" it will not take long to catch up.

• Mad Russian and Gunz23 like this

#9 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 19,707 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted April 20 2017 - 06:26 AM

Being in the plastics manufacturing business I'll take a guess at what has happened.
Startup costs for an items like this are huge ..... probably over $100K for engineering, prototypes & molds.
The "molds" are the big one ...... say $50K for 3 of them.
Most mold builders require a 50% deposit which they were going to pay with the proceeds of the preorders.
I'll bet they were promised parts in 6 to 8 weeks .... then with delays, samples, adjustments & other BS 6 weeks turns into 12!
Now they have to pay for the balance of the molds before the molder will start production ..... more pre orders.
Depending on the size of the molds production rates could be as much as 3,000 per day [1 shift]
Once they are "IN PRODUCTION" it will not take long to catch up.

So I see you took the advice given in the movie "The Graduate"
  • Lou G likes this

#10 Sport454

Sport454

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 976 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted April 20 2017 - 07:37 AM

So I see you took the advice given in the movie "The Graduate"

Funny .... you don't hear that much anymore ..... of course that movie came out in 1967 ..... I'm sure many of the members on this forum weren't born yet.

#11 Jaredwii

Jaredwii

Respected Gunowner

• 215 posts

Posted April 20 2017 - 01:25 PM

lets hope their Quality doesnt change on High demand Products

• Camaro45th likes this

#12 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 539 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted April 20 2017 - 01:28 PM

Here is the email they sent so it's easier for those to find:

Dear ,

The team here at MEAN Arms would like to thank you for the rousing support and enthusiasm for our new products. We appreciate your order and apologize for our delay in shipping. Following is an explanation for why we are running slightly behind schedule as well as to demonstrate how we intend to make it up to you.

As you might imagine, we have had an overwhelming response to our newest products, the MA Loader (5.56/.223) and MA Lock. Because of this response, we were required to expand our tooling/production capability to handle the demand. To give you some insight into what it takes to bring such a product to market, the MA Loader (5.56/.223) has 7 different parts that each require a high precision injection mold. Because of changes made to increase our production capacity, we have incurred a slight delay in the initial release. As a pre-order, your projected shipment date is now between May 25th and May 30th. The good news is, you will still be among the first to receive the best new product on the market. In fact, you will have it over a month before others will.

We realize everyone is very excited to get their order and frustrated with this delay (we know we are!) As a token of our appreciation for your patience, we are going to be adding the following items to your order: You will be receiving FREE shipping, you will be receiving our optional MA Feed Ramp and most importantly, your order will contain an additional MA Loader free of charge. It is important to all of us here at MEAN Arms that our customers are completely satisfied.

We understand some people might not be willing to wait, so anyone who chooses not to do so will be refunded immediately. We encourage you to hold the excitement for just a bit longer. We are working as fast as possible to help all enthusiasts trapped in restricted states.

We strive to provide a great customer experience and we believe our products will exceed your expectations. Our MA Loader comes with a lifetime warranty. If you do not love the utility and ease of use, please return for a refund, no questions asked. If you break an MA Loader or through heavy use it wears, return the damaged product and we will send you a new unit for replacement. We stand behind our products 100%.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience. When your products ship, you will receive an e-mail confirmation. Thank you for your order and support of a veteran-owned company employing American workers here in Woodstock, Georgia.

#13 Jaredwii

Jaredwii

Respected Gunowner

• 215 posts

Posted April 20 2017 - 04:07 PM

Here is the email they sent so it's easier for those to find:

Dear ,

The team here at MEAN Arms would like to thank you for the rousing support and enthusiasm for our new products. We appreciate your order and apologize for our delay in shipping. Following is an explanation for why we are running slightly behind schedule as well as to demonstrate how we intend to make it up to you.

As you might imagine, we have had an overwhelming response to our newest products, the MA Loader (5.56/.223) and MA Lock. Because of this response, we were required to expand our tooling/production capability to handle the demand. To give you some insight into what it takes to bring such a product to market, the MA Loader (5.56/.223) has 7 different parts that each require a high precision injection mold. Because of changes made to increase our production capacity, we have incurred a slight delay in the initial release. As a pre-order, your projected shipment date is now between May 25th and May 30th. The good news is, you will still be among the first to receive the best new product on the market. In fact, you will have it over a month before others will.

We realize everyone is very excited to get their order and frustrated with this delay (we know we are!) As a token of our appreciation for your patience, we are going to be adding the following items to your order: You will be receiving FREE shipping, you will be receiving our optional MA Feed Ramp and most importantly, your order will contain an additional MA Loader free of charge. It is important to all of us here at MEAN Arms that our customers are completely satisfied.

We understand some people might not be willing to wait, so anyone who chooses not to do so will be refunded immediately. We encourage you to hold the excitement for just a bit longer. We are working as fast as possible to help all enthusiasts trapped in restricted states.

We strive to provide a great customer experience and we believe our products will exceed your expectations. Our MA Loader comes with a lifetime warranty. If you do not love the utility and ease of use, please return for a refund, no questions asked. If you break an MA Loader or through heavy use it wears, return the damaged product and we will send you a new unit for replacement. We stand behind our products 100%.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience. When your products ship, you will receive an e-mail confirmation. Thank you for your order and support of a veteran-owned company employing American workers here in Woodstock, Georgia.

They even included Lifetime Warranty.. the package is getting even more sweeter lol

#14 Sport454

Sport454

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 976 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted April 20 2017 - 05:01 PM

Not for anything but all their products are pre order, shipping in April.

The second picture on the AR Mag Loc page is clearly a 3D printed prototype of the MA-Loader.

#15 kouzman

kouzman

Respected Gunowner

• 144 posts
  • Locationnew york

Posted April 20 2017 - 07:50 PM

Got it too. I dont mind waiting especially since i support a veterans business and they sre adding some goodies with my order.

Definitely an innovative product for the NY/CA crowd.
  • Jaredwii and Camaro45th like this

#16 bill3rail

bill3rail

Respected Gunowner

• 103 posts
  • LocationLI

Posted April 21 2017 - 06:47 AM

Received the letter myself, we will see what happens!

Is it one for one on the free gift or one per order?

Bill

#17 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 539 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted April 21 2017 - 08:50 AM

Received the letter myself, we will see what happens!
Is it one for one on the free gift or one per order?

Bill

That's a good question, I'm guessing your ordered more than 1 of the loaders? I'm guessing it's 1 for 1, but maybe you should reach out to them.

#18 bill3rail

bill3rail

Respected Gunowner

• 103 posts
  • LocationLI

Posted April 21 2017 - 09:29 AM

Is this company real?  Looking at their address, it is an industrial building with lots of vehicles/equipment around it.  I am not saying you can't come up with an idea and start manufacturing at any location.  I also found two other businesses attached to the address, Carole's Closet and some sort of Cheer-leading company.

One thing that looks good, there is an Injection Mold company right behind them, maybe they are using them for the manufacturing...

Bill

Edited to Add:  They are listed with the state of GA:

Date of Formation / Registration Date 7/23/2012,

Last Annual Registration Year: 2017

Filing History

Filing Number Filing Date Time Effective Date Filing Type 01698320 7/23/2012 12:00:00 AM 4/21/2017 Business Formation 10136708 8/13/2012 7:52:05 PM 4/21/2017 Annual Registration(2012) 10046817 2/25/2013 9:43:36 AM 4/21/2017 Annual Registration(2013) 11073663 2/13/2014 6:45:03 PM 4/21/2017 Annual Registration(2014) 12152551 9/3/2015 3:53:51 PM 9/3/2015 Annual Registration(2015) 12461098 1/17/2016 4:14:45 AM 1/17/2016 Annual Registration(2016) 13834581 1/16/2017 12:03:58 PM 1/16/2017 Annual Registration(2017)

#19 CoolBreeze

CoolBreeze

Respected Gunowner

• 222 posts

Posted April 21 2017 - 07:53 PM

Is this company real?  Looking at their address, it is an industrial building with lots of vehicles/equipment around it.  I am not saying you can't come up with an idea and start manufacturing at any location.  I also found two other businesses attached to the address, Carole's Closet and some sort of Cheer-leading company.

One thing that looks good, there is an Injection Mold company right behind them, maybe they are using them for the manufacturing...

Bill

Edited to Add:  They are listed with the state of GA:

Date of Formation / Registration Date 7/23/2012,

Last Annual Registration Year: 2017

Filing History

Filing Number Filing Date Time Effective Date Filing Type 01698320 7/23/2012 12:00:00 AM 4/21/2017 Business Formation 10136708 8/13/2012 7:52:05 PM 4/21/2017 Annual Registration(2012) 10046817 2/25/2013 9:43:36 AM 4/21/2017 Annual Registration(2013) 11073663 2/13/2014 6:45:03 PM 4/21/2017 Annual Registration(2014) 12152551 9/3/2015 3:53:51 PM 9/3/2015 Annual Registration(2015) 12461098 1/17/2016 4:14:45 AM 1/17/2016 Annual Registration(2016) 13834581 1/16/2017 12:03:58 PM 1/16/2017 Annual Registration(2017)

Their other business IS the injection molding company. MEAN Arms is an off-shoot of that company.

#20 hawkeye

hawkeye

Gunecologist

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 2,250 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted April 21 2017 - 09:19 PM

They are not New Yorkers, therefore I trust them!
  • ProGodProGunProLife likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users