Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

2A campaign promises scrubbed from Trump's website page

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 firemanvin

firemanvin

Sharp Shooter!

• Donated Member
  • 479 posts

Posted April 19 2017 - 08:40 AM

Lots and lots of back and forth rhetoric on this forum. 

Let's look at the current state of things -

Despite the game playing and dancing around, NYS LAW DOES make provisions for plain vanilla concealed carry.  Sure, licensing, muscle headed cops getting in the middle of it, and blah, blah blah, but the reality is that NYS LAW is more so on the good side of the second amendment as opposed to the bad side (un-SAFE Act excluded).

So why are we so justifiably pissed off and complaining?

Our county government has the ability to stick itself in the middle of the whole shooting match and are they are primary the ones that are screwing us over.  NYS says we are good-to-go with our NYS concealed carry license, but then these local clowns pop up and have the dictatorship like power to say "no, no, no".

Forget about Trump, Hillary, Chuckie Shumer, Cuomo, and so on.  If you live in Suffolk, Bellone is your worse 2A enemy out there.  If you live in Nassau, Mangano (who is currently under criminal indictment) is his partner in crime.

County government is a much smaller "pond", and the players are much smaller "fish".  Our fight for our 2A rights needs to be concentrated on county government.  A year to get a useless, watered down concealed carry license isn't even good enough to be a joke.  We need to demand our plain vanilla NYS concealed carry licenses.  PERIOD.

Complain to these clowns - every day if need be.  They are the perpetrators of this crime against our rights.

• samwag, fenucho and Steyr AUG man like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Topic Starter

Posted A minute ago

#22 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 1,049 posts

Posted April 19 2017 - 09:11 AM

Paid for by Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.

steyr    it is a campaign page i know the hate clouds you judgment but give me a break read the stuff you post

read my posts carefully.

as i said, that site is not some old, stale, static site that just has campaign stuff. it is updated weekly. they wrote about what he is doing every week, and what he will do.

- April 17, 2017 - Week 12: Defending The Constitution

Justice Neil Gorsuch, President Trump’s pick to fill the vacant seat on the United States Supreme Court, was formally sworn in on Monday. Justice Gorsuch is a man of unquestioned integrity and deep faith in the Constitution of the United States. It is critical to have a strong defender of the Constitution like Justice Gorsuch sitting on the United States Supreme Court.

Honoring The Men And Women Who Serve Our Nation

The White House hosted the Wounded Warriors Project Soldier Ride to pay tribute to the men and women who have fought for and protected our country. President Trump delivered remarks to honor the brave men and women who have served this nation at an event in the East Room of the White House. 

Working With Business Leaders To Grow The Economy

President Trump gathered with a group of world-class business leaders this week at the White House to discuss the creation of great, high-paying jobs for American workers. Since the President took office, over 600,000 jobs already been created. This week, Toyota announced that it will invest more than $1.3 billion into its Georgetown, Kentucky plant that will result many more jobs in the future.

Working With NATO To Focus On The Challenges Of The Future

President Trump welcomed NATO Secretary General Stoltenberg to the White House this week. NATO allies defeated communism and liberated captive nations during the Cold War. They have secured the longest period of unbroken peace that Europe has ever known. This enduring partnership is rooted in many different things, but our nations' security is the priority, as is our common devotion to human dignity and freedom. In the coming months and years, President Trump will work closely with all of our NATO allies to enhance this partnership and to adapt to the challenges of the future. This includes upgrading NATO to focus on today’s most pressing security issues including migration and terrorism.

My point is that if they are updating it weekly with what they want to accomplish, why did they remove the links to the 2A stuff? thats all. and in light of the above fresh content, it has nothing to do with it originally being a campaign site.

#23 shamuscull

shamuscull

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 5,458 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted April 19 2017 - 10:02 AM

Firemanvin always taking a shot at the police what an ass

Edited by shamuscull, April 19 2017 - 10:02 AM.

• boosti likes this

#24 imrich

imrich

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 230 posts
  • LocationWestern Suffolk

Posted April 19 2017 - 10:08 AM

My point is, debating with people who have made up their minds and are inflexible is like putting a guy in a round room and telling him the answer to all his problems is in the corner. It's futile. You let your bias cloud your conclusions and then work backwards to try to prove them, rather than remaining open minded and reaching your conclusions based on facts and reality. I said, in plain words, I was not initially a Trump supporter and that if he does something I do not like I will be critical of him at that time. I'm not a psychic and I don't play the hypothetical game of what if, and what will it take. I just told you what it will take. If he does something that I disagree with or I believe to be detrimental. There are a number of things he said that I don't like. But the sum of what he has said and done so far in my opinion outweighs the negative so that is what I judge on. You have been unfair toward him and all I have done so far was to point that out. Go back and read some of your previous posts. You're operating from the liberal playbook. When called to task and your feet are held to the fire, you retreat and play the victim.

You claim this:

"My ilk? I dont claim intellectual superiority. Aad i certainly didnt think i used big words.

Since I am making your point, remind me again what point I made for you? i guess i am not as smart as you think I am."

And then go on to state this:

"so you cant think of anything he could do that would cause him to lose your support?

that means your support of him is not based on the issues, but rather some cult-like attraction."

My support of him is based solely on his actions so far to the issues he spoke of on the campaign trail. And you're wrong on your cult-like attraction assumption. 

• samwag likes this

#25 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 1,049 posts

Posted April 19 2017 - 10:34 AM

so, if he fails to accomplish delivering any 2A friendly action for us during the entire first year, that pretty much shows his intentions?

#26 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 5,995 posts

Posted April 19 2017 - 10:51 AM

so, if he fails to accomplish delivering any 2A friendly action for us during the entire first year, that pretty much shows his intentions?

I think the biggest thing Trump can do with respect to the 2nd Amendment will be the judges he appoints. From there how we fare regarding the 2nd Amendment is going to depend on what opportunities come before the court and what legislation can get through Congress and onto his desk to sign. The ball right now is in the hands of the SC and Congress.

#27 firemanvin

firemanvin

Sharp Shooter!

• Donated Member
  • 479 posts

Posted April 19 2017 - 11:48 AM

Firemanvin always taking a shot at the police what an ass

Be more specific.  Are you bothered by the statement "muscle headed cops getting in the middle of it".  Are all cops "muscle headed"?  Certainly not, but when we have a gang of NYS police putting every drop of their policing effort into trying to figure out how to ban rifles based upon how scary they look, or a pistol licensing bureau that prides themselves in their ability to limit concealed carry, then these morons need to know just what idiots they are.

Sure, you can argue the point that they are just doing their job and taking orders, but even with that, there are limits.

I have a lot of friends and family that are police, and not a one of them meets the criteria described above.

Bottom line - they need to have a very clear view of who the good guys are, and act accordingly.

#28 imrich

imrich

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 230 posts
  • LocationWestern Suffolk

Posted April 19 2017 - 01:10 PM

That's certainly a possibility but I'd prefer to wait and see how he responds to any legislation coming out of congress and I'd rather not place a time limit on having to make a determination. To be fair, he can only do so much as president through executive action and although we're probably both chomping at the bit for less restrictive judgements/legislation on the second amendment, it may take some time for the process to play out. I think the next big indication is what he says at the NRA convention in a week or so. I'm sure we'll get the chance to discuss that after it happens. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users