Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

2A campaign promises scrubbed from Trump's website page

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 1,085 posts

Posted April 18 2017 - 06:13 PM

I guess the stockholm syndrome on this board will not let anyone get concerned that all the 2A policies on the "policies" page disappeared from his website. As for me, i am concerned. Does he hope we will forget about it?

https://www.donaldjt...econd-amendment

Trump 2A 404.jpg

and a copy of the pre-deleted page from the wayback machine:

https://web.archive....econd-amendment

2A Trump wayback.jpg

2A Trump wayback 2.jpg

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 3000fps

3000fps

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • 138 posts
  • LocationCommie york

Posted April 18 2017 - 06:27 PM

Yea the Stockholm syndrome is strong in this forum. Just look at the " trump nra convention thread" from the other day and all the denial thrown towards my posts calling him out on his BS ....Hopefully its just a webpage error.

I guess the stockholm syndrome on this board will not let anyone get concerned that all the 2A policies on the "policies" page disappeared from his website. As for me, i am concerned. Does he hope we will forget about it?

https://www.donaldjt...econd-amendment

attachicon.gifTrump 2A 404.jpg

and a copy of the pre-deleted page from the wayback machine:

https://web.archive....econd-amendment

attachicon.gif2A Trump wayback.jpg
attachicon.gif2A Trump wayback 2.jpg

#3 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

Gun Guru

• 1,085 posts

Posted April 18 2017 - 06:41 PM

post the link, i cant find the thread.

#4 3000fps

3000fps

Respected Gunowner

• 138 posts
  • LocationCommie york

Posted April 18 2017 - 06:52 PM

post the link, i cant find the thread.

http://www.longislan...s/#entry2133330

#5 samwag

samwag

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • 295 posts
  • Locationeast northport

Posted April 18 2017 - 07:10 PM

You guys know that is a campaign page

campaign is over he won

"Second Amendment Rights Donald J. Trump on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms The Second Amendment to our Constitution is clear. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed upon. Period"

above is his stated position on the 2nd

how about you wait until he speaks at nra before you call him out on gun rights 

it has only been 88 days what do you expect safe act repeal already 

• sigmann45 likes this

#6 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

Gun Guru

• 1,085 posts

Posted April 18 2017 - 07:25 PM

You guys know that is a campaign page

Certainly not. it is still updated. Click on "news". the entry is dated April 17, yesterday.

trump page.jpg

What reason could there be to remove any links to 2A stuff on the site, unless he didnt want to remind us what he promised, since he has no intention of delivering?

Think about it. Wouldnt it be to his advantage to leave the promises up if he intended to deliver? That way he could point to them and say "Here you go, I did just as i said i would do." instead of saying "Uh, oh, umm, i didnt really meant to say that i was going to do that", just as he did with the carrier jobs to mexico fiasco.

#7 imrich

imrich

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 233 posts
  • LocationWestern Suffolk

Posted April 18 2017 - 07:54 PM

We here are all aware of your obsessive love affair with the 45th president. Let's wait until after his speech at the NRA event and then any subsequent actions on 2A bills that make it to his desk before we start accusing him of amnesia. The campaign web page doesn't worry me at this point. 

#8 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

Gun Guru

• 1,085 posts

Posted April 18 2017 - 08:16 PM

We here are all aware of your obsessive love affair with the 45th president. Let's wait until after his speech at the NRA event and then any subsequent actions on 2A bills that make it to his desk before we start accusing him of amnesia. The campaign web page doesn't worry me at this point. 

two years from now, when he has done nothing 2A related, will you will be saying "come on, he's only half way through with his term, give him time"? Where do you draw the line, meaning how long will you tolerate him taking care of every other constituency before he gets to us?

No offense meant, but are you also one of the mindless fanboys who are such un-critical thinking, cult followers that he can do no wrong in your eyes?  Give me an example of a situation that would cause you to say "shit, he has gone too far this time, and i no longer blindly support him".  Can you think of any?

He is aware of his cult status, and the power he holds over his slavishly devoted fans, and he even acknowledged it. 

#9 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 19,434 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted April 18 2017 - 08:55 PM

If you spent all your time and energy on something constructive you might amount to something.

#10 imrich

imrich

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 233 posts
  • LocationWestern Suffolk

Posted April 18 2017 - 08:57 PM

No. In 2 years I will be extremely critical of him if there has been no strengthening of second amendment rights. And you don't need to preface your unfounded criticism of me with "no offense" before you launch into your pseudo intellectual, presumptive, stinging assumptions of my character, intelligence and positions. This of a person you know nothing about and have only exchanged a few posts with on a gun forum. I'm a grown man, with thick skin and can take it. But that's typical of you and your ilk's mindset, (offense intended) to assume an intellectual and moral superiority with complete knowledge of everything and everyone when in reality you have very little. See, I can use big words too. And you are making my point here. I am not a Trump cheerleader. Never have been. He wasn't my first choice but he is our president and I do believe in being fair and waiting to base my opinions on facts, results and actions. Not so much on political stump speech. I live in the real world. I understand the political process. And he has kept a lot of his promises on what he would do if elected. I must say, I do like what he's done so far and I hope it continues. If not, believe me, I will take notice and be critical.      

• Yanke1624 likes this

#11 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6,001 posts

Posted April 18 2017 - 09:13 PM

I'm sure they'll be plenty to replace what isn't there after the speech at the NRA convention at the end of the month. But before you go hysterical regarding what's on the website let's see what happens when the first major 2nd Amendment case comes to the Supreme Court and Gorsuch is involved in a ruling on it. I'm much more concerned with that then blog post on a website.
  • Yanke1624 likes this

#12 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 9,967 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted April 18 2017 - 09:37 PM

I think we all get it you don't like Trump great awesome spectacular. So what promises did Hillary make about the second Admendment oh that's right to abolish it.

So for the next for year we have to listen to you bitch and complain. I quess its better then hearing her shirking voice on TV evertime she moved us to the Globalized paradise She had envisioned for us.

#13 William Anthony

William Anthony

Respected Gunowner

• 178 posts
  • LocationEast Quogue L.I. N.Y.

Posted April 18 2017 - 09:42 PM

I know a lot of people who don't like the idea that Trump is our President but think of the alternative, This is a Firearms FORUM and if Hillary(the alternative) was elected , she was going to take the US  down the same road that Barry(OBAMA) started , and that was gun confiscation. She , like Barry, wanted to model the United States  after Australia and we all know what happened there. With her in charge we wouldn't have any guns so there would be little use for a Firearm FORUM. So no matter what he does as far as guns and 2A  , at the very least , I get to keep the guns I have.

• 2edgesword and firemanvin like this

#14 3000fps

3000fps

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • 138 posts
  • LocationCommie york

Posted April 18 2017 - 10:38 PM

speeches are meaningless, mostly over inflated from him anyways, i want to see actions.

#15 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 1,085 posts

Posted April 19 2017 - 12:16 AM

No. In 2 years I will be extremely critical of him if there has been no strengthening of second amendment rights. And you don't need to preface your unfounded criticism of me with "no offense" before you launch into your pseudo intellectual, presumptive, stinging assumptions of my character, intelligence and positions. This of a person you know nothing about and have only exchanged a few posts with on a gun forum. I'm a grown man, with thick skin and can take it. But that's typical of you and your ilk's mindset, (offense intended) to assume an intellectual and moral superiority with complete knowledge of everything and everyone when in reality you have very little. See, I can use big words too. And you are making my point here. I am not a Trump cheerleader. Never have been. He wasn't my first choice but he is our president and I do believe in being fair and waiting to base my opinions on facts, results and actions. Not so much on political stump speech. I live in the real world. I understand the political process. And he has kept a lot of his promises on what he would do if elected. I must say, I do like what he's done so far and I hope it continues. If not, believe me, I will take notice and be critical.      

ouch!

My ilk? I dont claim intellectual superiority. Aad i certainly didnt think i used big words.

Since I am making your point, remind me again what point I made for you? i guess i am not as smart as you think I am.

#16 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 1,085 posts

Posted April 19 2017 - 12:17 AM

If you spent all your time and energy on something constructive you might amount to something.

One word, multitasking.

And its probably too late for me to amount to something. That ship has sailed.

#17 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 1,085 posts

Posted April 19 2017 - 02:12 AM

68404151.jpg

#18 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

Gun Guru

• 1,085 posts

Posted April 19 2017 - 02:16 AM

so you cant think of anything he could do that would cause him to lose your support?

that means your support of him is not based on the issues, but rather some cult-like attraction.

#19 samwag

samwag

Respected Gunowner

• 295 posts
  • Locationeast northport

Posted April 19 2017 - 05:19 AM

Certainly not. it is still updated. Click on "news". the entry is dated April 17, yesterday.

attachicon.giftrump page.jpg

What reason could there be to remove any links to 2A stuff on the site, unless he didnt want to remind us what he promised, since he has no intention of delivering?

Think about it. Wouldnt it be to his advantage to leave the promises up if he intended to deliver? That way he could point to them and say "Here you go, I did just as i said i would do." instead of saying "Uh, oh, umm, i didnt really meant to say that i was going to do that", just as he did with the carrier jobs to mexico fiasco.

Paid for by Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.

steyr    it is a campaign page i know the hate clouds you judgment but give me a break read the stuff you post

#20 leftjammer

leftjammer

Gun Guru

• 2,337 posts
  • LocationNew Hyde Park

Posted April 19 2017 - 08:12 AM

so you cant think of anything he could do that would cause him to lose your support?

that means your support of him is not based on the issues, but rather some cult-like attraction.

:

"How long have you been beating your wife?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users