Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Are there LIF range nights?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted April 02 2017 - 10:52 PM

Does this board sponsor or coordinate a range night somewhere?

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 10,572 posts

Posted April 03 2017 - 07:57 AM

Used to be - but that was under "the club" and with no leadership from the leadership things fell apart.

#3 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 10,147 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted April 03 2017 - 08:16 AM

Here is a issue with Insurance that is being worked on but that doesn't mean you cant meet up with guy on here and go to the range.

#4 set2374

set2374

Sharp Shooter!

• Topic Starter
  • 469 posts
  • LocationEast Rockaway

Posted April 03 2017 - 10:29 AM

I think it would be nice to set up a night at the range.   No need for anything formal or LIF sponsored.  We can do a night at nassau and get a meeting room there to hang out and maybe have some pizza or sandwiches.  Maybe do some theme night shooting etc.  I don't know of any public indoor ranges in suffolk, but if there are any, that could work too.  

#5 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted April 03 2017 - 04:27 PM

but we need a room reserved so we can shoot.

#6 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 7,460 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted April 03 2017 - 05:09 PM

but we need a room reserved so we can shoot.

Mitchell Field has different clubs that meet during the week.
You can start a new LIF club and have the range for two hours.

#7 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted April 03 2017 - 05:19 PM

we should get that done. unless most of us go with the club from that other site with the cool kids.

#8 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator

• 10,147 posts

Posted April 03 2017 - 06:29 PM

Mitchell Field has different clubs that meet during the week.
You can start a new LIF club and have the range for two hours.

Like I mentioned earlier the owners are looking at the insurance issues. Im hope soon.

#9 Shotgun682

Shotgun682

LIF Official Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 1,951 posts

Posted April 03 2017 - 06:39 PM

You don't want and you should NEVER eat at a range.
  • gopedxr7 likes this

#10 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted April 03 2017 - 11:25 PM

what insurance issues? How would the issues be any different than me going on a wednesday night, or whatever, and paying the range fee and going to a point and shooting. The range is a county parks department facility, and as such is covered by the county's insurance policy, unless the county is self insured like the city.

#11 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,460 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted April 04 2017 - 05:32 AM

what insurance issues? How would the issues be any different than me going on a wednesday night, or whatever, and paying the range fee and going to a point and shooting. The range is a county parks department facility, and as such is covered by the county's insurance policy, unless the county is self insured like the city.

Why go through the hurdle of showing your Pistol License, getting checked and paying extra to shoot for an hour. When you belong to a club, you walk in and you sign the book. Very simple, nobody will bother you once they know you are a member of the club. The clubs get to use the Range for two hours. You can meet once a month or weekly, most of the guys prefer shooting at Mitchell Field to the other indoor private ranges because they prohibit Magnum and rifle Firearms.
  • ProGodProGunProLife and set2374 like this

#12 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator

• 6,148 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted April 04 2017 - 05:43 AM

Why go through the hurdle of showing your Pistol License, getting checked and paying extra to shoot for an hour. When you belong to a club, you walk in and you sign the book. Very simple, nobody will bother you once they know you are a member of the club. The clubs get to use the Range for two hours. You can meet once a month or weekly, most of the guys prefer shooting at Mitchell Field to the other indoor private ranges because they prohibit Magnum and rifle Firearms.

Also, the fees were generally lower. I went to a few of the LIF Mitchell Field meetups and the cost was usually about 7 to 10 dollars a person, depending upon how many people showed up. Compare that to $22 for 1 hour for non Nassau residents.

#13 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,460 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted April 04 2017 - 06:11 AM

Also, the fees were generally lower. I went to a few of the LIF Mitchell Field meetups and the cost was usually about 7 to 10 dollars a person, depending upon how many people showed up. Compare that to $22 for 1 hour for non Nassau residents.

The one problem with a club is a big turn out. People get annoyed and won't return because they couldn't get a point to themselves for two hours
or other members are there just to network.

#14 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator

• 10,147 posts

Posted April 04 2017 - 07:01 AM

My understanding is if you put a name on a (LIF, your name, NRA) Range night someone can be held liable if someone get injured or for property damage.

But like i said earlier no one is stopping you guys from meeting up on your own.

#15 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,460 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted April 04 2017 - 07:41 AM

My understanding is if you put a name on a (LIF, your name, NRA) Range night someone can be held liable if someone get injured or for property damage.
But like i said earlier no one is stopping you guys from meeting up on your own.

Steyr AUG can be the club president.
  • Steyr AUG man likes this

#16 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator

• 10,147 posts

Posted April 04 2017 - 07:45 AM

boosti, on 04 Apr 2017 - 08:41 AM, said:

Steyr AUG can be the club president.

That for another thread.

:slow :taunt

#17 set2374

set2374

Sharp Shooter!

• 469 posts
  • LocationEast Rockaway

Posted April 04 2017 - 09:01 AM

Good points.  

#18 set2374

set2374

Sharp Shooter!

• 469 posts
  • LocationEast Rockaway

Posted April 04 2017 - 09:08 AM

The one problem with a club is a big turn out. People get annoyed and won't return because they couldn't get a point to themselves for two hours
or other members are there just to network.

If I want to shoot by myself for 2 hours, I will go by myself and buy two sessions--as long as there isn't anyone waiting.  The point of going to a club shoot is to meet the guys, socialize and shoot together and maybe take turns with our toys.  Let's face it, around here most of us don't have a lot of other gun guys that we can hang out with.  This is frankly the only place I can go to to talk about guns, 2A issues etc.   I have to keep all that stuff quiet in the rest of my life because most people are idiots and think that there is something wrong with people that love firearms.  Sadly, if I said I loved archery and shot a compound bow, people I work with wouldn't bat an eye--but if I said I enjoyed shooting my new AR-15 they would look at me like I had 10 heads.   Go figure.

• ProGodProGunProLife, Steyr AUG man and BigDaddy like this

#19 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 10,572 posts

Posted April 04 2017 - 09:14 AM

Several things happen - as a club, you rent the ROOM - and run it how you please (as long as they don't see you getting stupid) you can have two people or twenty....  and as zzrguy said, putting your club name on it (it's a lease really) you're accepting the liability - and that's why the room costs much less to rent as a club than it does to have 6 guys paying per hour.

#20 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator

• 6,148 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted April 04 2017 - 11:59 AM

Several things happen - as a club, you rent the ROOM - and run it how you please (as long as they don't see you getting stupid) you can have two people or twenty....  and as zzrguy said, putting your club name on it (it's a lease really) you're accepting the liability - and that's why the room costs much less to rent as a club than it does to have 6 guys paying per hour.

I believe the club also has to supply a certified range safety officer. 

• set2374 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users