Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

And The Moron Of The Day Award Goes To...........

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 19,579 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted March 21 2017 - 06:16 AM

This man.
http://www.foxnews.c...inate-ants.html

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,355 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 21 2017 - 06:21 AM

Was he stoned?

#3 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 10,097 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted March 21 2017 - 07:33 AM

I will say for a northeastern state they have a lot of backwoods rednecks up there. I use to summer at my aunts farm in Maine as a kid you could pretty much run a complete muck up there and no one would ever know.

#4 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,355 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 21 2017 - 07:39 AM

I will say for a northeastern state they have a lot of backwoods rednecks up there. I use to summer at my aunts farm in Maine as a kid you could pretty much run a complete muck up there and no one would ever know.

We have many folks in upstate NY that are real redneck,100% full auto retarded.

#5 Banzai

Banzai

Gun Guru

• 2,193 posts

Posted March 21 2017 - 07:39 AM

I was sad when I read three pets were killed...than I felt a little better when it said two of them were cats.

#6 cvce82

cvce82

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 78 posts
  • LocationSmithtown

Posted March 21 2017 - 07:52 AM

This one is almost as stupid but I think you got me with sheer stupidity.

"

VIDEO RELEASED OF MEN WALKING INTO POLICE STATION WITH A LOADED GUN AND CAMERA TO TEST OPEN CARRY LAWS"

#7 Tom Mac

Tom Mac

Gun Guru

• 869 posts
  • LocationLI, NY

Posted March 21 2017 - 08:03 AM

When assholes shoot at leos in this climate, you would expect them to react this way.

And failure to follow a direct order is illegal.

#8 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted March 21 2017 - 09:14 AM

I was sad when I read three pets were killed...than I felt a little better when it said two of them were cats.

thats the funniest line i read here in awhile. i might use it on my sig line.

it reminds me of the one:

whats worse than a bus loaded with NY politicians going off a cliff?

two empty seats.

#9 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,355 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 21 2017 - 09:25 AM

"

VIDEO RELEASED OF MEN WALKING INTO POLICE STATION WITH A LOADED GUN AND CAMERA TO TEST OPEN CARRY LAWS"

https://www.youtube....h?v=_lji-LmNiVg

These guys were carrying loaded Firearms inside a police station and not complying to put them down. The loud mouth saying F.U. carrying was resisting. Good bye guns!

#10 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted March 21 2017 - 09:42 AM

When assholes shoot at leos in this climate, you would expect them to react this way.

not true. the order has to be a legal order. their orders, in this case, might be found to be illegal in these circumstances.

what if the cop told a guy to punch another guy in the face? and the guy refused? it would be failure to follow a direct order?

• Parashooter likes this

#11 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted March 21 2017 - 09:46 AM

these morons are anarchists. they really hurt the 2A cause.

they are really more like ultra-left political agitators. they seem to care more about disrupting the peace than they care about the 2A. listen to their arraignment video to hear about their dangerous anarchist ultra-left background.

i thought the weird Rip Van Winkle beard dude was one of the wackos, but when he started speaking, it turns out he is the lawyer.

• Parashooter and ProGodProGunProLife like this

#12 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator

• 6,107 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted March 21 2017 - 09:55 AM

they are really more like ultra-left political agitators. they seem to care more about disrupting the peace than they care about the 2A. listen to their arraignment video to hear about their dangerous anarchist ultra-left background.

Agree.  They are either anarchist nutjobs, or left wing anti-gunners trying to show how "dangerous" open carry and gun rights in general are.  The cops should have shot them.  The level of restraint they showed bordered on negligence.  And the two jack asses whose lives were saved by the cops' great restraint think the cops are bad guys. 

• RoadRage likes this

#13 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted March 21 2017 - 10:17 AM

The cops should have shot them.  The level of restraint they showed bordered on negligence.  And the two jack asses whose lives were saved by the cops' great restraint think the cops are bad guys. 

the cops would have a very hard time explaining why they shot a guy who didnt have his hand on any weapon.  the rifle on a sling is no danger at that moment. they should have gotten the best cover, and take it from there.

#14 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 10,530 posts

Posted March 21 2017 - 10:17 AM

No.  Failure to follow a LAWFUL order is illegal - there is a question of whether or not the orders were in fact lawful....  Read the idiots post and the comments. Michigan Law is what applies here.

These guys were carrying loaded Firearms inside a police station and not complying to put them down. The loud mouth saying F.U. carrying was resisting. Good bye guns!

Again, complying with an illegal order?  (still to be determined).

not true. the order has to be a legal order. their orders, in this case, might be found to be illegal in these circumstances.

what if the cop told a guy to punch another guy in the face? and the guy refused? it would be failure to follow a direct order?

Exactly.

Now all that being said - I do think these guys were idiots...   Walk into my place of business carrying a rifle and wearing body armor - and I'm probably going to put a bullet in your head.   If it was out in say Montana... things may be a little different.

Much respect for the LE who resisted giving Darwin awards out that day.

• ProGodProGunProLife and Steyr AUG man like this

#15 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator

• 6,107 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted March 21 2017 - 10:58 AM

No.  Failure to follow a LAWFUL order is illegal - there is a question of whether or not the orders were in fact lawful....  Read the idiots post and the comments. Michigan Law is what applies here.

Again, complying with an illegal order?  (still to be determined).

Exactly.

Now all that being said - I do think these guys were idiots...   Walk into my place of business carrying a rifle and wearing body armor - and I'm probably going to put a bullet in your head.   If it was out in say Montana... things may be a little different.

Much respect for the LE who resisted giving Darwin awards out that day.

I was thinking the same thing.  What would these clowns do if a couple of guy walked into their place of business wearing ski masks and carrying rifles?

• Parashooter likes this

#16 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,355 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 21 2017 - 11:11 AM

If the police opened fire on these mutants, would it cause riots?

#17 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted March 21 2017 - 11:29 AM

I was thinking the same thing.  What would these clowns do if a couple of guy walked into their place of business wearing ski masks and carrying rifles?

take cover and assess the situation.
  • Camaro45th likes this

#18 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted March 21 2017 - 04:04 PM

Most of us with sense understand that it is always better if a situation can be resolved without shooting. Shooting should be the last resort.

Also, it is always better to have options, as many options as possible, available to us in any situation. If we have good cover, we have the luxury of that extra time to assess the situation when deciding whether to pull the trigger. If we are exposed, with little or no cover, we have less time to assess the situation. When we are exposed, we have less time to ascertain the subject's intention.

Those four cops in the Bronx in 1999 who shot at Amadou Diallo did not have great cover, or any cover, when they decided to shoot at him. I believe if they had been behind better cover, they would have had the ability to pause and wait to actually see what was in his hand. They would have seen it was a wallet, not a firearm. I am not second guessing their decision to shoot. They had whatever cover they had. I am just pointing out that more cover = more time to assess before deciding that there is no other reasonable choice, but to shoot.

#19 iGreg

iGreg

Right-wing Sith

• Donated Member
  • 4,994 posts
  • LocationKings Park

Posted March 21 2017 - 04:23 PM

maxresdefault.jpg

#20 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator

• 10,097 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted March 23 2017 - 09:52 AM

"

Once again a open carry moron showing the world that gun owners are asshole of the highest order......

i thought the weird Rip Van Winkle beard dude was one of the wackos, but when he started speaking, it turns out he is the lawyer.

The reason why the anti win so many time is right there in the video. People think all gun owners are nut jobs like him.

Background check don't work all the time cause nut jobs like this can legally buy guns.

NOTHING ANYWHERE SAYS "You should walk into a police station wear a rifle and handgun aswell as body armor to pratice your second amendment right while video taping to prove it."

Or that this would be a good idea.

If the guy walked in with just a handgun in a holster there most likely would have been a more harmoniouse outcome.

Say 

OFFICE " Sir can I assist you and sir please dont place your hand on or near your firearm. Ok sir what is your reason for your vist to this police station."

WACK JOB "To file a complaint"

OFFICER " Ok Sir you'll need to check your handgun to go in the back to have a officer help you with your complaint."

WACKJOB "OK."  All done move along ,but no he know exactly what the out come would be and he wanted it to hopefully end the way it did cause plan B involve him taken rounds and most likely dieing  (Plan B had a better out come for us all as the gene pool gets a little deeper and he'd be writen off as a far rightwing extremist nut case.

• Parashooter likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users