Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Walther CCP recall

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 moskojo

moskojo

Sharp Shooter!

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 333 posts
  • LocationRoslyn Heights

Posted March 20 2017 - 07:22 PM

I just received an email from Walther that the CCP pistol has a safety recall. My pistol is covered. They say that it is legal to ship the pistol to them for repairs and they can ship it to my house. No FFL needed. 

Is this true for NY, especially Nassau county?

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Punisher1336

Punisher1336

MOLON LABE

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 2,662 posts

Posted March 20 2017 - 08:08 PM

I would check into that,getting pistol shipped directly to you sounds like an affront to Gov Cuomo.

#3 LarryD23

LarryD23

Respected Gunowner

• 288 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted March 20 2017 - 08:44 PM

I am by no means an expert on the subject but I believe it is perfectly legal to ship your handgun to a dealer for repair and for them to ship back to you.

However, there are restrictions. It is my understanding that you cannot ship a handgun by USPS.

Here are the UPS rules for shipping firearms: https://www.ups.com/...s/firearms.html

• TJ Ironhorse likes this

#4 LI Ammo

LI Ammo

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Established Member, Club LIF Member

• 867 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted March 20 2017 - 08:52 PM

You cannot ship it via the post office. Presumably Walther is sending you a pick up label for UPS or Fed Ex.

Be sure to keep a copy of everything. If the Police want to see your handgun for ANY reason and you don't have it to show them, you'd better have proof of it's whereabouts.

Before you let them return it to you directly, check with Nassau PD and make sure they say it's OK.

If it becomes lost in transit, you want to be covered.

#5 lucija

lucija

Sharp Shooter!

• Club LIF Member
  • 633 posts

Posted March 20 2017 - 09:36 PM

I sent my R51 for repair as a part of mass recall. Remington provided a prepaid label and a box. You have to schedule a pickup - can't just bring it to the store. Forgot if it was ups or fedex definitelly not usps. To make things much much worse they couldn't fix the original gun but sent a new one with new s/n. Remington insisted on sending it to me through an ffl, so it was basically treated as a new gun purchase. It was a total nightmare to sort the whole thing out with SCPD when it came to removing the broken gun from my license. But I don't blame them as much as I blame remington they just weren't prepared to handle NY style laws which bothered me because they were still officially a NY company.

#6 Seancusmc

Seancusmc

Gun Guru

• 577 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted March 20 2017 - 09:40 PM

Why don't you call the shop where you purchased the gun? There's a good chance they will do it for you at a minimal cost, or possibly free of charge. I would imagine that Walther would reimburse them for the costs. 

#7 Countrylife307

Countrylife307

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationEast Meadow NY

Posted March 22 2017 - 08:28 PM

The recall is only for the CPP not the PPQ right 

#8 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1,614 posts

Posted March 22 2017 - 10:17 PM

If they provide a shipping label, send it,and it will be returned to your home. It is not a violation of any kind in Nassau county. I've returned several handguns to the manufacturer this way, and had them returned to my home.
Do not ask NCPD anything. It isn't illegal. Stop creating a problem when there isnt one. They have us acting like scared rabbits in this damm county.
  • wrench and boosti like this

#9 wrench

wrench

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNorth Massapequa

Posted March 23 2017 - 06:59 AM

Sent my Ruger LC9 back to ruger for repair, Ruger sent me a shipping label I took the gun to FedEx told them what was in the package, a week later recieved a notice from Ruger to be home on the day it would be coming to my house for signature, all good.

#10 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,056 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 23 2017 - 07:13 AM

You cannot ship it via the post office. Presumably Walther is sending you a pick up label for UPS or Fed Ex.

Be sure to keep a copy of everything. If the Police want to see your handgun for ANY reason and you don't have it to show them, you'd better have proof of it's whereabouts.

Before you let them return it to you directly, check with Nassau PD and make sure they say it's OK.
If it becomes lost in transit, you want to be covered.

No reason to notify Nassau P.D. the package will return to the home. No special permission required or law in New York or Nassau County.
The U.S. Post Office does ship Firearms for FFL dealers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users