Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

New/used OEM or aftermarket wheels.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 FDEMTNYC

FDEMTNYC

Sharp Shooter!

• Club LIF Member
  • 389 posts
  • LocationBethpage

Posted March 20 2017 - 07:04 PM

Anybody know a place in Nassau or Suffolk that sells the above? The rims on a car are shot from our lovely potholed highways and streets. Fortunately, they're only the basic steel wheels. Anybody know of a good place to get new wheels. Just looking for basic stuff, not ghetto Ferrari 30" rims a jackwad kid would put on a 1999 Honda.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 VolkoSupply

VolkoSupply

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 2,827 posts

Posted March 20 2017 - 08:25 PM

al's hubcaps is an interesting place in mineola.  Also Barnwell tire right across the street.

You could also do the internet thing at tire rack.

depending on your car, there may be tons of rims all over craigs list.

what model car?  maybe consider contacting a shop that specifically works on that make and does aftermarket work.  may be a guy looking to sell his used oem rims if he didn't keep them for snows.

#3 FDEMTNYC

FDEMTNYC

Sharp Shooter!

• Club LIF Member
  • 389 posts
  • LocationBethpage

Posted March 20 2017 - 08:53 PM

I have a VW. Looking for basic, nothing fancy.

#4 Seancusmc

Seancusmc

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 600 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted March 20 2017 - 10:02 PM

Google around for VW clubs or forums on long island. if that doesnt work, try craigslist. I bought and sold wheels for my Subaru using both of those methods easily.
I also bought wheels for my Subaru from Tirerack, which was very affordable. You can probably score some nice rims for $100 each plus the set of tires, They deliver to your door, mounted, balanced, and mine were inflated to within a couple PSI of spec. Im happy with my tire rack purchase. I was happy with my craigslist purchases too, but used tires always make me worry a bit. 

#5 grifhunter

grifhunter

Im Back I love LIF

• Club LIF Member
  • 7,607 posts
  • LocationTraffic congestion Exits 43-49

Posted March 20 2017 - 10:18 PM

I've gotten nice used OEM aluminum rims off of ebay and craigslist.   Ask a lot of questions, examine photos, and be prepared to walk away if the deal looks sketchy. 

#6 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 7,253 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 21 2017 - 06:16 AM

Definetly buy a new tire and wheel. Bought an expensive set of factory Camaro SS wheels on eBay, that was an expensive mistake. Buy new!

#7 Computer Chris

Computer Chris

Respected Gunowner

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 201 posts
  • LocationOld Bethpage

Posted March 21 2017 - 06:19 AM

al's hubcaps is an interesting place in mineola.  Also Barnwell tire right across the street.

You could also do the internet thing at tire rack.

depending on your car, there may be tons of rims all over craigs list.

what model car?  maybe consider contacting a shop that specifically works on that make and does aftermarket work.  may be a guy looking to sell his used oem rims if he didn't keep them for snows.

Al's is definitely an interesting place.  If you end up going there ask Al, didn't I see you on People's Court for your expert opinion for some dumb teenager who bought used crappy rims on eBay.  HAHAHA. 

#8 dank27

dank27

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 947 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted March 21 2017 - 06:41 AM

Send me a PM. My good friend owns a wheel and tire shop near Citi Field.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users