Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

AR Pistols?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 CoolBreeze

CoolBreeze

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 222 posts

Posted March 20 2017 - 05:15 PM

I've already called them about 80% pistol frame (polymer80) but they said they have no idea what it is....

Yeah, they're likely going to say no to 80%'s. With a fixed mag receiver, I'd say you had the highest chance of getting it approved.

• Jaredwii likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 SigSauer228

SigSauer228

Gun Guru

• 5,761 posts

Posted March 20 2017 - 07:44 PM

Just because you can do something doesn't mean it's a good idea.

This is what I see happening. Aside from the administrative headaches, do you really want a pistol, in a rifle caliber, with a buffer tube sticking out the back? Even if you build it in 9mm or .45, wouldn't you rather just have a pistol you can holster?

Just always seemed like a dumb idea to me. But so does a fixed mag on an AR and that doesn't stop some people.

I "kinda" understand what you're saying but, they do serve a purpose. Let me ask, if you were allowed to purchase this, would you ?  (cost not withstanding)

Attached Files

#23 BLAMMO

BLAMMO

Lousy Shot

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 16,105 posts
  • LocationTrapped behind enemy lines

Posted March 20 2017 - 08:10 PM

I "kinda" understand what you're saying but, they do serve a purpose. Let me ask, if you were allowed to purchase this, would you ?  (cost not withstanding)

Not if it had a fixed mag and an 9" tube sticking out the back. But that's just me. I don't think people shouldn't be allowed to have them, I just wouldn't want one, personally.

#24 Vycor

Vycor

Gun Guru

• 1,851 posts

Posted March 23 2017 - 01:04 PM

No I don't like the mag. The fixed mag I want to put on is a 10 rounder, nice and small.

I'll stop in the pistol room next time i'm out there (SCPD is a client of mine) and inquire about it.

• pew**pew**pew likes this

#25 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 10,090 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted March 23 2017 - 01:54 PM

The simple answer is no you can't.

Theres a 50oz nonsense rule which bannes guns like the desert eagle and a few target 22 hand gun. Then there the magazine infront of the grip and trigger.

I spoke with PLB monday as i was looking at buy a C&R revolver from 1857 that was converted in 1866 to except cartridges that had no Serail# it would have to have the numbers engraved in the gun total loss of value.

I ask them about the 80% lower that was on sale at Brownell he said that once it was a 100% lower you are now in possession of a unregistered handgun and are committing a crime. Aswell as if you had it serailized by a smith be for you completed it they still would not put it on you license cause it is is a incomplete firearm.

#26 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• Topic Starter
  • LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 10,090 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted March 23 2017 - 01:59 PM

Oh as for going to another state to buy items that are illegal in New York you can do that too but the instant it travel in to NY you have commited a criminal act. 

SO THERE BE NO MORE TALK ABOUT COMMITTING CRIMINAL ACT ON THE BOARD AS WE ALL AGREE TO NOT TALK ABOUT OR COMMITT CRIMINAL ACTIVITY IN THE FORUM. NO MATTER HOW ASININE THE LAWS OF THIS STATE ARE.

#27 Vycor

Vycor

Gun Guru

• 1,851 posts

Posted March 23 2017 - 05:09 PM

But 50oz rule only seems to apply if it can receive a detachable mag... if it's fixed... then the weight limit seems to be of no concern, according to what I'm reading in the rules

• CoolBreeze and pew**pew**pew like this

#28 CoolBreeze

CoolBreeze

Respected Gunowner

• 222 posts

Posted March 24 2017 - 09:02 AM

The simple answer is no you can't.

Theres a 50oz nonsense rule which bannes guns like the desert eagle and a few target 22 hand gun. Then there the magazine infront of the grip and trigger.

I spoke with PLB monday as i was looking at buy a C&R revolver from 1857 that was converted in 1866 to except cartridges that had no Serail# it would have to have the numbers engraved in the gun total loss of value.

I ask them about the 80% lower that was on sale at Brownell he said that once it was a 100% lower you are now in possession of a unregistered handgun and are committing a crime. Aswell as if you had it serailized by a smith be for you completed it they still would not put it on you license cause it is is a incomplete firearm.

That's actually incorrect. If the firearm does not have a detachable magazine, the weight and magazine outside the pistol grip do not apply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users