Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

UPS vs USPS

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 leftjammer

leftjammer

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 2,391 posts
  • LocationNew Hyde Park

Posted March 18 2017 - 03:33 PM

For me personally UPS beats out the bloated USPS by 100%.  

Seems to me every time I order something on-line and its being delivered by the PO it never shows up on the scheduled date, always a day late, sometimes two or three.

UPS on the other hand, not only are they reliable and hold to their schedule but I can almost guarantee it will be delivered within the one hr window my UPS guys always shows up on

Ok, Rant over....I hate the Post Office, sorry if there is any USPS guys here

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,486 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 18 2017 - 03:53 PM

For me personally UPS beats out the bloated USPS by 100%.  
  Seems to me every time I order something on-line and its being delivered by the PO it never shows up on the scheduled date, always a day late, sometimes two or three.
UPS on the other hand, not only are they reliable and hold to their schedule but I can almost guarantee it will be delivered within the one hr window my UPS guys always shows up on

Ok, Rant over....I hate the Post Office, sorry if there is any USPS guys here

If you use UPS, best to drop it off at the hub in Uniondale for reliable service. My package sat two days at a UPS store.
USPS is cheaper to send packages.

#3 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 554 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted March 18 2017 - 04:37 PM

I just had an issue with the post office. I ordered some parts online and they ship USPS. So I see it's coming on the day they say, and my wife missed them by a few minutes. The company requested signature confirmation. So they didn't leave the package. They didn't leave a note for me to sign to leave it so I made my own. I reschedule for the next day, and I call the day of the redelivery to make sure they will leave the package with my note. On hold for 30 mins. They tell me no. So I ask to pick it up that day, they told me no the following day. I asked what if I went late in the day she still said no. Guess who left the package? Lol. Not to mention the idiot didn't read to leave it in the back. They took the note! Didn't bother to listen.

Trying to get someone on the phone from USPS should be considered an Olympic sport. Impossible to jump through the automated hoops.

#4 rcpilot

rcpilot

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationMastic

Posted March 18 2017 - 05:22 PM

Amazon Prime started sending more stuff USPS as opposed to UPS. I've had things sent to the wrong post office which caused a delay. I've had to call Amazon for a credit being I'm supposed to be getting 2 day delivery. I never got packages late with UPS.

#5 leftjammer

leftjammer

Gun Guru

• 2,391 posts
  • LocationNew Hyde Park

Posted March 18 2017 - 05:27 PM

If you use UPS, best to drop it off at the hub in Uniondale for reliable service. My package sat two days at a UPS store.
USPS is cheaper to send packages.

Thats why more online retailers are using it..\

.they dont care how long it takes for you to get it once its checked out.

I dont ship outgoing a lot but when I do I go to Uniondale also...I don't mind paying a dollar or two more knowing its gonna get there when they say.

#6 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 10,156 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted March 18 2017 - 05:29 PM

We order alot from Amazon now that the USPS deliever on Sunday we have been getting our stuff on time. The issue with our packages are always link to the DHL portion of the delivery and not the post office. DHL drop the package off at the end of the day its suppose to be delived to the USPS instead of the day before or early in the morning to make the truck.

#7 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 554 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted March 18 2017 - 05:36 PM

Amazon now has a delivery Hub in bethpage. They have their own vans and their own delivery people. I have had a few things delivered by them. I love amazon. You cannot beat the prices on most things and the 2 day shipping is great. Plus the video and music service is good as well.

#8 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 19,725 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted March 18 2017 - 08:51 PM

Thats why more online retailers are using it..\
.they dont care how long it takes for you to get it once its checked out.

I dont ship outgoing a lot but when I do I go to Uniondale also...I don't mind paying a dollar or two more knowing its gonna get there when they say.

You get what you pay for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users