Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Another option for fixed mag ARs available from DD's Ranch

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 LarryD23

LarryD23

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 464 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted March 16 2017 - 05:42 PM

• kouzman likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,486 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 16 2017 - 06:27 PM

More options for the AR fixed magazine market.

#3 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 554 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted March 16 2017 - 07:14 PM

It's good to see competition, but still think mean has this one in the bag.
  • LarryD23 likes this

#4 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 19,725 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted March 16 2017 - 07:18 PM

Having to break open the upper dooms this to be inferior to the one by MEAN.

#5 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,486 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 16 2017 - 08:19 PM

It's good to see competition, but still think mean has this one in the bag.

Let's see the cost difference.
People might prefer the inferior product if you can save a few dollars.

#6 philip1315

philip1315

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted March 16 2017 - 08:19 PM

Anyone preorder from mean yet?

#7 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 554 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted March 16 2017 - 08:22 PM

I did.

#8 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 19,725 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted March 16 2017 - 08:23 PM

I believe that someone has already posted that they have.

#9 Jaredwii

Jaredwii

Respected Gunowner

• 220 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County, ISLIP

Posted March 16 2017 - 09:44 PM

Let's see the cost difference.
People might prefer the inferior product if you can save a few dollars.

I think $40 isn't too bad since its already included shipping so that means without shipping it would be around 25-30.

#10 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,486 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 16 2017 - 09:58 PM

I think $40 isn't too bad since its already included shipping so that means without shipping it would be around 25-30.

I agree, $40 for the MEAN product is definitely a good product for the fixed AR market. I hate seeing the guys struggling to open the rear takedown and attempting to load.
  • Jaredwii and Camaro45th like this

#11 Jynx

Jynx

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • 169 posts

Posted April 15 2017 - 04:56 PM

Not sure what this guy is designing this product has been around for years. I use this exact one.

http://www.brownells...-prod42523.aspx

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#12 LarryD23

LarryD23

Sharp Shooter!

• 464 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted April 15 2017 - 05:01 PM

Not sure what this guy is designing this product has been around for years. I use this exact one.

http://www.brownells...-prod42523.aspx

The difference between the two is that the MA Loader is (reportedly) able to load your fixed magazine through the ejection port.

#13 Jynx

Jynx

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • 169 posts

Posted April 15 2017 - 05:02 PM

The difference between the two is that the MA Loader is (reportedly) able to load your fixed magazine through the ejection port.

I'm talking about the original post about a "new" product from DDs Ranch.

#14 LarryD23

LarryD23

Sharp Shooter!

• 464 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted April 15 2017 - 05:04 PM

I'm talking about the original post about a "new" product from DDs Ranch.

Sorry... my bad...

#15 William Anthony

William Anthony

Respected Gunowner

• 208 posts
  • LocationEast Quogue L.I. N.Y.

Posted April 15 2017 - 05:07 PM

I thought the Mean loader was  supposed to be available in April .. Did anyone receive one yet. They are not accepting anymore orders for April. The next batch is in May , I think

#16 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 554 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted April 15 2017 - 06:54 PM

I thought the Mean loader was supposed to be available in April .. Did anyone receive one yet. They are not accepting anymore orders for April. The next batch is in May , I think

No I preordered mine on the first batch and I called last week as I had not heard anything. I was told they would be shipping towards the end of April.

#17 3000fps

3000fps

Respected Gunowner

• 140 posts
  • LocationCommie york

Posted April 15 2017 - 07:03 PM

Garbage

#18 Jaredwii

Jaredwii

Respected Gunowner

• 220 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County, ISLIP

Posted April 15 2017 - 10:25 PM

they should ships out around April 16 but i'm not 100% sure though

#19 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 554 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted April 19 2017 - 02:42 PM

Just got this from Mean Arms:

Dear Xxxx,

The team here at MEAN Arms would like to thank you for the rousing support and enthusiasm for our new products. We appreciate your order and apologize for our delay in shipping. Following is an explanation for why we are running slightly behind schedule as well as to demonstrate how we intend to make it up to you.

As you might imagine, we have had an overwhelming response to our newest products, the MA Loader (5.56/.223) and MA Lock. Because of this response, we were required to expand our tooling/production capability to handle the demand. To give you some insight into what it takes to bring such a product to market, the MA Loader (5.56/.223) has 7 different parts that each require a high precision injection mold. Because of changes made to increase our production capacity, we have incurred a slight delay in the initial release. As a pre-order, your projected shipment date is now between May 25th and May 30th. The good news is, you will still be among the first to receive the best new product on the market. In fact, you will have it over a month before others will.

We realize everyone is very excited to get their order and frustrated with this delay (we know we are!) As a token of our appreciation for your patience, we are going to be adding the following items to your order: You will be receiving FREE shipping, you will be receiving our optional MA Feed Ramp and most importantly, your order will contain an additional MA Loader free of charge. It is important to all of us here at MEAN Arms that our customers are completely satisfied.

We understand some people might not be willing to wait, so anyone who chooses not to do so will be refunded immediately. We encourage you to hold the excitement for just a bit longer. We are working as fast as possible to help all enthusiasts trapped in restricted states.

We strive to provide a great customer experience and we believe our products will exceed your expectations. Our MA Loader comes with a lifetime warranty. If you do not love the utility and ease of use, please return for a refund, no questions asked. If you break an MA Loader or through heavy use it wears, return the damaged product and we will send you a new unit for replacement. We stand behind our products 100%.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience. When your products ship, you will receive an e-mail confirmation. Thank you for your order and support of a veteran-owned company employing American workers here in Woodstock, Georgia.

I'm fine with it, it sucks but getting the extra stuff will make up for it (to me anyways). What I don't understand is why does their website still show the original ship dates? 95ab7c98d9a684a358e838dbc2cecb1e.jpg

#20 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,486 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted April 19 2017 - 03:00 PM

Just got this from Mean Arms:
Dear Xxxx,
The team here at MEAN Arms would like to thank you for the rousing support and enthusiasm for our new products. We appreciate your order and apologize for our delay in shipping. Following is an explanation for why we are running slightly behind schedule as well as to demonstrate how we intend to make it up to you.
As you might imagine, we have had an overwhelming response to our newest products, the MA Loader (5.56/.223) and MA Lock. Because of this response, we were required to expand our tooling/production capability to handle the demand. To give you some insight into what it takes to bring such a product to market, the MA Loader (5.56/.223) has 7 different parts that each require a high precision injection mold. Because of changes made to increase our production capacity, we have incurred a slight delay in the initial release. As a pre-order, your projected shipment date is now between May 25th and May 30th. The good news is, you will still be among the first to receive the best new product on the market. In fact, you will have it over a month before others will.
We realize everyone is very excited to get their order and frustrated with this delay (we know we are!) As a token of our appreciation for your patience, we are going to be adding the following items to your order: You will be receiving FREE shipping, you will be receiving our optional MA Feed Ramp and most importantly, your order will contain an additional MA Loader free of charge. It is important to all of us here at MEAN Arms that our customers are completely satisfied.
We understand some people might not be willing to wait, so anyone who chooses not to do so will be refunded immediately. We encourage you to hold the excitement for just a bit longer. We are working as fast as possible to help all enthusiasts trapped in restricted states.
We strive to provide a great customer experience and we believe our products will exceed your expectations. Our MA Loader comes with a lifetime warranty. If you do not love the utility and ease of use, please return for a refund, no questions asked. If you break an MA Loader or through heavy use it wears, return the damaged product and we will send you a new unit for replacement. We stand behind our products 100%.
Again, we sincerely apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience. When your products ship, you will receive an e-mail confirmation. Thank you for your order and support of a veteran-owned company employing American workers here in Woodstock, Georgia.
I'm fine with it, it sucks but getting the extra stuff will make up for it (to me anyways). What I don't understand is why does their website still show the original ship dates? 95ab7c98d9a684a358e838dbc2cecb1e.jpg

At $39.99 it better work!
  • Camaro45th likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users