Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Just got my first bow!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 liseverewx

liseverewx

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,690 posts

Posted March 13 2017 - 03:58 PM

Took the hunters ed course this weekend at Smith Point archery.  Great class btw!  I have been wanting a bow for so long and finally decided to get one.  I had an idea of what I wanted from browsing the web over the last few years but Jared and Craig helped me out.  Low and behold I just picked up a Hoyt Pro Defiant.  I am a complete newb to bow but really want to get good enough that I can take advantage of the bow hunting season on Long Island.  I can not wait to shoot this bad boy!!  I love guns but it will nice to have something totally new to play with and read up on.   Next class I will take bow hunter so I am all ready for the upcoming deer season.  

• boosti and LarryD23 like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 19,221 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted March 13 2017 - 04:07 PM

Congrats. Enjoy.
  • liseverewx likes this

#3 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member + Classifieds
  • 7,056 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 13 2017 - 06:16 PM

Took the hunters ed course this weekend at Smith Point archery.  Great class btw!  I have been wanting a bow for so long and finally decided to get one.  I had an idea of what I wanted from browsing the web over the last few years but Jared and Craig helped me out.  Low and behold I just picked up a Hoyt Pro Defiant.  I am a complete newb to bow but really want to get good enough that I can take advantage of the bow hunting season on Long Island.  I can not wait to shoot this bad boy!!  I love guns but it will nice to have something totally new to play with and read up on.   Next class I will take bow hunter so I am all ready for the upcoming deer season.

Archery hunting offers excellent opportunity to get in the woods early. Another option is crossbow season. It opened 14 days before regular season starts. Usually prime time for the rut.
  • liseverewx likes this

#4 liseverewx

liseverewx

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,690 posts

Posted March 13 2017 - 08:16 PM

I'm excited!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users