Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

NYC Handgun Permit Applications Backed-Up 8 Months

nyc permit home premise

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 10,399 posts

Posted March 14 2017 - 06:36 PM

As always, you should go and study the laws for yourself - I don't pay much attention to NYC, but I know that last time I really dug into it, Statewide it was REQUIRED to approve or deny in writing within 6 months from presentation of application.   And oddly enough NYC was only THREE months!

This may have changed - but go look up the laws for yourself  (PL sections 265 and 400 - you will find references to other sections as well in those)

# Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Topic Starter

Posted A minute ago

#22 IronPatriot

IronPatriot

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted March 15 2017 - 11:32 AM

As always, you should go and study the laws for yourself - I don't pay much attention to NYC, but I know that last time I really dug into it, Statewide it was REQUIRED to approve or deny in writing within 6 months from presentation of application.   And oddly enough NYC was only THREE months!

This may have changed - but go look up the laws for yourself  (PL sections 265 and 400 - you will find references to other sections as well in those)

Thanks for the sections.  Here's what I found...400.4a:

4-a. Processing of license applications.  Applications for licenses shall be accepted for processing by the licensing officer at the time of presentment.  Except upon written notice to the applicant specifically stating the reasons for any delay, in each case the licensing officer shall act upon any application for a license pursuant to this section within six months of the date of presentment of such an application to the appropriate authority.  Such delay may only be for good cause and with respect to the applicant.  In acting upon an application, the licensing officer shall either deny the application for reasons specifically and concisely stated in writing or grant the application and issue the license applied for. - See more at: http://codes.findlaw...h.94WRYDGo.dpuf

#23 firemanvin

firemanvin

Sharp Shooter!

• Donated Member
  • 452 posts

Posted March 15 2017 - 12:20 PM

This is a realm where being right, and having the law on your side means nothing to the ordinary person of average means.  First of all, when they break the law, what are you going to do, call the police?  They are the police!  And in this realm, the blue wall of silence is encouraged to be corrupt.

Sure you can hire a lawyer to fight for your rights that are supposed to be protected under NYS law, but that costs money and even more time.  So you spent the money on a lawyer and by the time the issue goes before a judge, it gets resolved.  You lose no matter what.  That's the way they roll; they can't stop us but they certainly can slow us down and cost us lots of money.

My one thought on this is to file a civilian complaint against the police department.  There's usually a process in place that helps with complaints against the police.  While the process is more so for the anti police liberals, perhaps us good guys can make this work for us too. After all, we're not going after the good cops working the street, we're going after the corrupt ones that are monkeying around with gun licenses.

#24 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 15 2017 - 12:50 PM

Before the Federal arrest case was front page, It took about 3 months for a NYC Premise license and about a year for a carry license.

#25 IronPatriot

IronPatriot

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted March 15 2017 - 08:11 PM

Before the Federal arrest case was front page, It took about 3 months for a NYC Premise license and about a year for a carry license.

They told me the assigned officer would contact me within 3-4 weeks.  Then I should have it in another couple months.  It's been two months and no letter.  

#26 TwentyTimes

TwentyTimes

Respected Gunowner

• 100 posts
  • LocationHolbrook

Posted March 17 2017 - 11:55 PM

I understand we have high crime in NYC, therefore we have strict gun laws. I agree with the law, extensive background checks, but this timeline they're now proposing to me seems excessive and a bit unconstitutional. I've never been arrested. I'm a family man with a solid work history. I'm active in my community here in Queens. There should be no reason, after handing in all requested paperwork, taking a legal law class (focusing on penal law 35), paying the exorbitant application fees, that they're not even looking at my application for six months... This is ridiculous.

The times they are 'a changing...

IP

There's strict gun laws due to politicians with an agenda. There's a background check in effect that can be completed in 15 minutes or less. The rest is just an attempt to keep gun out of the hands of law abiding citizens with a constitutional right to own 1.

Times are changing because to many people are allowing it to change. Too many people say "I agree with extensive background checks." "I agree with having to interview with an investigating officer..."

Criminal don't want traceable guns. Law abiding citizens purchase guns through legal means. There's no reason for the delay at all!! You're being delayed because too many people allowed it. Vote 2A.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nyc, permit, home premise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users