Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

.45lc / .410ga pistols in NYC?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Brooklynite

Brooklynite

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 442 posts

Posted March 09 2017 - 04:29 PM

Is there any reason why these wouldn't be approved?
I remember reading recently that somebody was denied their purchase order because they put dual calibers on their request form (something like .38spc & .357)
There's also the fact that these handguns can chamber a shotgun round, which shouldn't be an issue since the barrel is rifled, but who knows...

And no, I don't want a Taurus judge. I'd like to save up and get something even more unwieldy and impractical, the pedersoli howdah (remake of the Ithaca auto & burglar SxS)

# Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Topic Starter

Posted A minute ago

#2 Brooklynite

Brooklynite

Sharp Shooter!

• 442 posts

Posted March 19 2017 - 05:01 PM

Nobody has insight into this?

Does anybody know of someone registering a 45lc/410 pistol with the city?

#3 Jaredwii

Jaredwii

Respected Gunowner

• 165 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County, ISLIP

Posted March 19 2017 - 10:08 PM

Is there any reason why these wouldn't be approved?
I remember reading recently that somebody was denied their purchase order because they put dual calibers on their request form (something like .38spc & .357)
There's also the fact that these handguns can chamber a shotgun round, which shouldn't be an issue since the barrel is rifled, but who knows...

And no, I don't want a Taurus judge. I'd like to save up and get something even more unwieldy and impractical, the pedersoli howdah (remake of the Ithaca auto & burglar SxS)

Honestly i don't know what PLB views them as pistol or short barrel shotgun but $1,300+? that's way too high for a simple double barrel pistol..

#4 OneLowRider

OneLowRider

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 784 posts

Posted March 19 2017 - 10:33 PM

In my opinion, I don't think it would be a problem registering this as a 45LC Pistol with the proper license. However, good luck trying to register a 10.2" barreled shotgun in NY. Much less in NYC.
Putting this together with the price of this pistol, just go with either a Judge Revolver or legal length SG

#5 Brooklynite

Brooklynite

Sharp Shooter!

• 442 posts

Posted March 20 2017 - 12:03 AM

So still no definite answer about these dual caliber guns?. how does it work if you have something like that new 45acp/45lc ruger? Or a single six or Blackhawk with 2 different cylinders chambered for different rounds?

As far as this pistol... yep it's expensive and impractical, but I've always thought the Ithaca auto and burglar pistols were awesome. The originals cost much more than this new pedersoli versioi, and are illegal in NY, so that's a no-go for now.
I like the design and would enjoy shooting it, this is not for anything super tactical or practical. I already have a couple of good reliable centerfire handguns.

They are also built and finished in the style of a scaled down double rifle, which usually go for many thousands of dollars.

But still, I can't deny that the price is very high. I have only a few firearms, and would rather spend money on a small number of quality guns that I really want, rather than have a safe full of dozens of guns that I never shoot and don't really care about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users