Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Is yaphank shooting supply still open?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Plinkster88

Plinkster88

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSuffolk county

Posted March 08 2017 - 11:10 PM

Title says it all

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 TheKnot

TheKnot

Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 28 posts
  • Locationlong island

Posted March 08 2017 - 11:33 PM

10-5 tomorrow 

#3 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 10,515 posts

Posted March 09 2017 - 08:52 AM

They MOVED - they are on the SOUTH end of Yaphank road now - in the little shopping strip at the traffic light 1/2mi. SOUTH of SCPD.

#4 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 10,078 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted March 09 2017 - 11:23 AM

They MOVED - they are on the SOUTH end of Yaphank road now - in the little shopping strip at the traffic light 1/2mi. SOUTH of SCPD.

good to know thanks

#5 lucija

lucija

Sharp Shooter!

• Club LIF Member
  • 633 posts

Posted March 09 2017 - 08:19 PM

As conviently as they might be located for us guys doing a Yaphank shuffle I only did one transfer through them and it was $50 some 5 years ago. I'm not cheap but I don't like being ripped off even at a cost of convinience, if jerry, pjan and others can do it for $25 the others should be able to stay in the same ballpark.

#6 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 10,515 posts

Posted March 10 2017 - 09:15 AM

As conviently as they might be located for us guys doing a Yaphank shuffle I only did one transfer through them and it was $50 some 5 years ago. I'm not cheap but I don't like being ripped off even at a cost of convinience, if jerry, pjan and others can do it for $25 the others should be able to stay in the same ballpark.

Ripped off?  First, I don't think he charges that much....  Second, yeah others may do it for less, but Myself, I think the time I save MUCH more than makes up for it...   pjan is what?  minumum 2 hours more driving back & forth? (store-PD, PD-store, store-PD, PD-home)

Campsite is farther... Really sucks when you're using a Nassau shop...(I couldn't get finished in one day with a purchase from T&T Tactical in Mineola...)

#7 lucija

lucija

Sharp Shooter!

• Club LIF Member
  • 633 posts

Posted March 10 2017 - 10:47 AM

Just checked the gunbroker FFL seach because it includes pricing: He charges the highest rate on Long Island, $55 for handgun transfer.

Is he providing exceptional service beyond what other guys do? I don't think so. Is he taking advantage of local laws effectively charging customers a convenience fee? Heck, yes.

Realistically he should increase the transfer fee to $100, because that's probably what a typical person would value 2 hrs of his time. For the rest of us who don't want to be taken advantage of even $35 is too high.

#8 Trailblazer

Trailblazer

Sharp Shooter!

• Others: Donated Member

• 1,207 posts

Posted March 10 2017 - 11:02 AM

You could always go to Edwards...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users