Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

ATF Ballistic fingerprinting of Chicago guns.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PaperPunch

PaperPunch

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 69 posts
  • LocationNassau Co. N.Y.

Posted March 06 2017 - 09:46 PM

If you saw the recent 60 minutes piece on Chicago gun violence, it's obvious that microstamping is totally unnecessary. Let's just hope that the technology is not used on law-abiding firearms owners as in the Maryland case.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 19,561 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted March 06 2017 - 09:53 PM

I never watch 60 minutes.

#3 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted March 07 2017 - 12:58 AM

If you saw the recent 60 minutes piece on Chicago gun violence, it's obvious that microstamping is totally unnecessary. Let's just hope that the technology is not used on law-abiding firearms owners as in the Maryland case.

What's "gun violence"? Are a bunch of guns going off unexpectedly all by themselves?

is there some kind of spontaneous ignition or something going on all over Chicago?

I didn't hear of such a phenomenon happening.

I was under the impression they had a criminal violence problem there.

That term you used, if not used for the spontaneous ignition issue i was mentioning above, is only used by one group for one thing - the anti-2A crowd, who uses it as an inflammatory, divisive term that casts guns in an intentionally negative light.

we should not buy into that claptrap. We should not further their agenda by using words like "gun violence" when we really mean "criminal violence" and "assault weapon" (in other than a strict legal discussion of the phrase as used in the law), when we really mean "sporting rifle".

They co-opt words that push their agenda. We shouldnt be surrendering to their corruption of the language for political purposes.

But dont listen to me, as many here say I am a liberal.

#4 PaperPunch

PaperPunch

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 69 posts
  • LocationNassau Co. N.Y.

Posted March 07 2017 - 09:50 AM

What's "gun violence"? Are a bunch of guns going off unexpectedly all by themselves?

is there some kind of spontaneous ignition or something going on all over Chicago?

I didn't hear of such a phenomenon happening.

I was under the impression they had a criminal violence problem there.

That term you used, if not used for the spontaneous ignition issue i was mentioning above, is only used by one group for one thing - the anti-2A crowd, who uses it as an inflammatory, divisive term that casts guns in an intentionally negative light.

we should not buy into that claptrap. We should not further their agenda by using words like "gun violence" when we really mean "criminal violence" and "assault weapon" (in other than a strict legal discussion of the phrase as used in the law), when we really mean "sporting rifle".

They co-opt words that push their agenda. We shouldnt be surrendering to their corruption of the language for political purposes.

But dont listen to me, as many here say I am a liberal.

Duly noted. Thanks for the correction. However, that was the words used in the piece. Not my words. If you notice at the end of my post I use the word "firearm".

#5 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted March 07 2017 - 10:18 AM

yeah, they will do that with language to whip up sympathy for their cause. we have to be alert not to buy into it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users