Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

My issue with Coliseum

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

#41 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 554 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted March 07 2017 - 07:58 PM

I tossed in the "END OF STORY" and cut out the rest which was irrelevant. So....they told you that they do not do transfers on featureless AR's and the OP threw a hissy fit? Wow, sounds like someone has really sensitive feelings. Their business, their rules. You don't like it? Suck it up buttercup and go elsewhere. There's absolutely no need for you to spew your tears on 2 message boards. I'm siding with Coliseum on this one.

Hey man, I'm not looking for any issues with you or anyone else. I'm sorry that you "cut" my post and that the rest was "irrelevant". I posted what I posted because that's what happened.

As far as as you sliding with whomever you choose, that's fine too. It's just odd that it seems that your still trying to pick a fight on an online forum after the dust has already settled.
  • boosti likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#42 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 554 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted March 07 2017 - 08:01 PM

We have no problem doing the transfer here.

Also, we have no problem opening up any of the local gun stores as dealers. Cliff at LIGS is a dealer, as is LI Outdoorsman in Rockville Centre and S&P Firearms in Franklin Square.

DSI, please know that no one said anything about your firearms from any of those stores. It was just odd that when one place asks you what manufacturer, and you tell them and they say no without a reason it raises questions.

Do you guys have any of the literature that comes with your rifles on your site? I didn't get any paperwork, and also if you can, let me know if there is a process with setting up registration with you for warranty info or whatever. Thank you.

#43 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,486 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 07 2017 - 09:00 PM

DSI, please know that no one said anything about your firearms from any of those stores. It was just odd that when one place asks you what manufacturer, and you tell them and they say no without a reason it raises questions.
Do you guys have any of the literature that comes with your rifles on your site? I didn't get any paperwork, and also if you can, let me know if there is a process with setting up registration with you for warranty info or whatever. Thank you.

I bought a fixed DSI brand new. If I remember the original owner gets the warranty along with being able to switch the lower if you decide.

#44 lucija

lucija

Sharp Shooter!

• Club LIF Member
  • 639 posts

Posted March 08 2017 - 12:30 AM

I just wanted to clear this up. I didn't want to post yesterday in the event of something going south. Dank and I were making a private sale for a fixed mag AR. I didn't want to go to Coliseum because every time I've gone in, I haven't had the greatest experience.

But hold on, the dank guy claimed on the other forum that it was you who wanted to go to coliseum. Whom should we trust? Sadly enough I cannot provide a link to the other forum to prove that because guess what, the topic is deleted. Says enough about people who swear in 2nd amendment but when it comes to first, well, it's not that important to stick to it.
  • Steyr AUG man likes this

#45 lucija

lucija

Sharp Shooter!

• Club LIF Member
  • 639 posts

Posted March 08 2017 - 12:39 AM

Arrogant, rude pieces of shit. I will never step foot in that place again.

If you want the back story its on the american site where people are aloud to curse.

Can't find it there. It appears that the "american" site which "alouds" cursing is not so "american" when it comes to dissenting opinions.

#46 Edward_Blake

Edward_Blake

The Artist formally known as AR_Guy

• Club LIF Member
  • 6,901 posts

Posted March 08 2017 - 01:20 AM

But hold on, the dank guy claimed on the other forum that it was you who wanted to go to coliseum. Whom should we trust? Sadly enough I cannot provide a link to the other forum to prove that because guess what, the topic is deleted. Says enough about people who swear in 2nd amendment but when it comes to first, well, it's not that important to stick to it.

Yes the OP stinks of BS

Can't find it there. It appears that the "american" site which "alouds" cursing is not so "american" when it comes to dissenting opinions.

LMAO. It was the OP who deleted the thread not the mods. They wanted to leave it up to show what a clown he is. 

Edited by Edward_Blake, March 08 2017 - 01:21 AM.

• Harmonic likes this

#47 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted March 08 2017 - 01:28 AM

I can tell you that they are absolutely not tolerant of dissenting opinions at all. They brag that they "have one rule and one rule only, dont be a d%^k."

But that is nonsense. they use that arbitrary "rule" to actually mean, "we will ban you or delete or lock threads on a whim, whatever way we are feeling on a given day, if you dont agree with our opinions. "

They feel that they are way cooler than this site, and they mock this site, and those who choose to remain here, or post here while also posting there.  Canadian this, Canadian that. but they are all hypersensitive snowflakes and do not tolerate dissenting opinions at all.  At first they seem cool, but they are so thin skinned, that discussion gets boring there fast with everyone just backslapping and cosigning each other's posts.

It reminds you of a little click of nerds in high school, who were happy to belong to a group who all dressed the same and talked the same.  if you dared to not conform to their ideas of anything, they didnt want to associate with you. They like their little bubble. I called them out a few times for calling for violence against muslims. I couldnt believe what i was reading. It really gets like 4chan there sometimes.

For example, just mention this president in any kind of negative way and they go into an uproar. Foul ad hominem attacks and personal insults. Its pure hilarity. I got banned for having a different opinion than some on an issue there.  And you know that I really know about feeling the heat from opinionated haters.  You dual members should try it, just like they all got together and had those concerted attacks on this site asking stupid canada themed questions last year. I have been a registered republican for over 35 years, longer than alot of them have been alive, yet i had my political affiliation questioned daily.

They do actually have a couple of members, real stand up brothers,  who stand up for diversity of opinions, and complained about banning those who post differing opinions. They got criticized for voicing that opinion also. It was really comical. Grown men acting like snowflakes. Mention anything questioning the president's actions on any topic, and this is what you get:

torch-bearing-mob.jpg

pitchfork.jpg

#48 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted March 08 2017 - 03:04 AM

Look at this example of a good brother standing up to the herd mentality when somebody questioned the B.S. the Whitehouse press secretary was pumping:

"seriously -
1) I am appalled at the vitriol levied against the OP as he simply expresses his opinion. He is as entitled to express his views as anyone else on this site.
2) I think everyone here who called for banning him reflects the single worst trait in America these days - intolerance. I tiinhk that those who have called for banning the the OP simply because you don't like what he says should instead themselves be banned for their own intolerance. How do you like that ?
3) I think that the OP, with whom I have disagreed in the past, does an admirable job of articulating his defenses especially in the face of statements often that are simply emotional retorts.
4) I saw the images of the mall in real time and I believe those empty areas were fairly early on and so we may or may not be comparting apples and apples.
5) in 5 mins I saw that Sean Spicer is a piece of shit and how the administration wants to deal with the press. I hate the press - they are, perhaps singlehandledly, the reason we are where we are today. But a free demorcacy needs a free press else this is just another step on the slippery slope.
5) and most important - who gives a shit about crowd size except Trump who is so maniacally insearch of constant validation that he will lose sight of anything else. That Trump thinks his first day in office should be used to respond to this indicates a serious character flaw (as if we didn't know that already) about what matters to the man and what he views as a priority. I could not bring myself to vote for either Trump or Cinton, viewing neither as an acceptable version of the lesser of two evils. But any more of Trump wasting his time and our time on this petty shit and I will start to regret not voting for Hillary. Anyone else remember that one of Obama's first acts as President was to host a 'beer summit' at the WH to reconmcile the race relations between Boston PD and Harvard professors ? What a ******* waste of the office. Trumpo gives every indication of going down a [different but similart] path.

I may not agree with the OP but I will go to the end to defend his right to express his opinion. Anyone who calls for that shoudlo be ******* ashamed of themselves.

and by the way, the very next post referred to LIF again:

"I feel like I am back at the Canadian fire arms forum. UGH!"

So as we see, there are a few brothers on that Long Island site who believe that these forums can be used for the free exchange of ideas without enforcing a kind of groupthink that seems right out of 1984. They are there, but are few and far between. LIF is a breath of fresh air after being there for awhile.

#49 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 554 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted March 08 2017 - 05:27 AM

It was my idea. I didn't want to have to leave early 2 days in a row from work to do this. I figured if I could get it done in 1 day, works better for me.
Unfortunately it did not work that way.

#50 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 19,725 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted March 08 2017 - 07:11 AM

We have no problem doing the transfer here.

Also, we have no problem opening up any of the local gun stores as dealers.  Cliff at LIGS is a dealer, as is LI Outdoorsman in Rockville Centre and S&P Firearms in Franklin Square.

Oh, DSI to the rescue.
  • Steyr AUG man likes this

#51 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 19,725 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted March 08 2017 - 07:14 AM

I spent many years riding 8 hours a day in a police car and later in a surveillance van. That is exactly how real people talk to coworkers on a daily basis.

Were you are CI?

#52 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,486 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 08 2017 - 07:36 AM

I can tell you that they are absolutely not tolerant of dissenting opinions at all. They brag that they "have one rule and one rule only, dont be a d%^k."

But that is nonsense. they use that arbitrary "rule" to actually mean, "we will ban you or delete or lock threads on a whim, whatever way we are feeling on a given day, if you dont agree with our opinions. "

They feel that they are way cooler than this site, and they mock this site, and those who choose to remain here, or post here while also posting there.  Canadian this, Canadian that. but they are all hypersensitive snowflakes and do not tolerate dissenting opinions at all.  At first they seem cool, but they are so thin skinned, that discussion gets boring there fast with everyone just backslapping and cosigning each other's posts.

It reminds you of a little click of nerds in high school, who were happy to belong to a group who all dressed the same and talked the same.  if you dared to not conform to their ideas of anything, they didnt want to associate with you. They like their little bubble. I called them out a few times for calling for violence against muslims. I couldnt believe what i was reading. It really gets like 4chan there sometimes.

For example, just mention this president in any kind of negative way and they go into an uproar. Foul ad hominem attacks and personal insults. Its pure hilarity. I got banned for having a different opinion than some on an issue there.  And you know that I really know about feeling the heat from opinionated haters.  You dual members should try it, just like they all got together and had those concerted attacks on this site asking stupid canada themed questions last year. I have been a registered republican for over 35 years, longer than alot of them have been alive, yet i had my political affiliation questioned daily.

They do actually have a couple of members, real stand up brothers,  who stand up for diversity of opinions, and complained about banning those who post differing opinions. They got criticized for voicing that opinion also. It was really comical. Grown men acting like snowflakes. Mention anything questioning the president's actions on any topic, and this is what you get:

torch-bearing-mob.jpg

pitchfork.jpg

The Canadian owned company might eventually buy them one day. I have no problems with Canadians, they offer good hunting and allow civilians to own ARs and other cool things we can't have in New York.

#53 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 10,156 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted March 08 2017 - 09:16 AM

Ok this thread has gone side ways and off topic. So I'm locking it.

P.S. We turned down the language filter last week cause you the members asked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users