Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

My issue with Coliseum

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

#21 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 6,005 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted March 07 2017 - 11:53 AM

Correct, You had to see them in action with the previous owner with Security Dodge. It was his minions that finally seen the light to start the other gun forum.

They are a spirited bunch, and mostly it is a good thing, but they can (like all of us) go overboard sometimes.

I'm not so sure the treatment Security Dodge got was wrong.  Obviously, there would not have been nearly as much attention if the forum owner wasn't the victim, but every car dealer that tries to rip people off deserves that treatment.  

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 LarryD23

LarryD23

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 280 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted March 07 2017 - 12:11 PM

Thank you ProGodProGunProLife and Steyr AUG man.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading the thread on the "Forum-That-Must-Not-Be-Named" . It reminded me why I prefer forums that have effective moderators and language filters. 

• lucija and boosti like this

#23 NRATC53

NRATC53

Soon to be Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 20,726 posts

Posted March 07 2017 - 12:25 PM

They are a spirited bunch, and mostly it is a good thing, but they can (like all of us) go overboard sometimes.

I'm not so sure the treatment Security Dodge got was wrong.  Obviously, there would not have been nearly as much attention if the forum owner wasn't the victim, but every car dealer that tries to rip people off deserves that treatment.  

A friend's Brother was brought in to straighten out Security's Service Dept- He's a no BS guy so I expect things are quite different over there now

• ProGodProGunProLife likes this

#24 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,032 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 07 2017 - 12:27 PM

Thank you ProGodProGunProLife and [/size]Steyr AUG man.[/size]

I thoroughly enjoyed reading the thread on the "Forum-That-Must-Not-Be-Named" . It reminded me why I prefer forums that have effective moderators and language filters. [/size]

It's probably a reason many of the popular gun shops stayed here. Can't risk losing customers who are associated with a forum that supports filthy language.

#25 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

Gun Guru

• 685 posts

Posted March 07 2017 - 12:59 PM

It's probably a reason many of the popular gun shops stayed here. Can't risk losing customers who are associated with a forum that supports filthy language.

I disagree. All sites have commercial sponsors, and most sites I am on, like sites specializing in welding, tools, home mechanic, machine shop, iron working, Harley customizing, custom choppers, etc... all have no language filter. LIF is the only site where I have encountered a filter. The lack of a filter helps the spirited debate and discussion, held in the same manner as we speak in real life, to be full and robust. I prefer sites not censor language, and I patronize the businesses that agree with my outlook.

We are not talking about the racist stuff that you see on 4chan and the like. I can see advertisers not wanting to be associated with that.

#26 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,032 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 07 2017 - 01:15 PM

I disagree. All sites have commercial sponsors, and most sites I am on, like sites specializing in welding, tools, home mechanic, machine shop, iron working, Harley customizing, custom choppers, etc... all have no language filter. LIF is the only site where I have encountered a filter. The lack of a filter helps the spirited debate and discussion, held in the same manner as we speak in real life, to be full and robust. I prefer sites not censor language, and I patronize the businesses that agree with my outlook.
We are not talking about the racist stuff that you see on 4chan and the like. I can see advertisers not wanting to be associated with that.

Yeah let's be realistic Hey *** Face did you see the TiTs on that skeazer.

#27 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

Gun Guru

• 685 posts

Posted March 07 2017 - 02:23 PM

Yeah let's be realistic Hey *** Face did you see the TiTs on that skeazer.

I spent many years riding 8 hours a day in a police car and later in a surveillance van. That is exactly how real people talk to coworkers on a daily basis.
  • NRATC53 likes this

#28 mickeyblueyes

mickeyblueyes

Listen up,I don't dial 911.

• 3,586 posts
  • LocationMany miles from Uranis

Posted March 07 2017 - 04:46 PM

The funny part is many gun store owner post in a regular fashion over there. I can think of 4 of them.

#29 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

Gun Guru

• 685 posts

Posted March 07 2017 - 04:55 PM

Thank you ProGodProGunProLife and Steyr AUG man.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading the thread on the "Forum-That-Must-Not-Be-Named" . It reminded me why I prefer forums that have effective moderators and language filters. 

If you are the kind of guy who needs a gatekeeper on language or ideas that reach your ears, then great. i prefer to hear things as they were meant to be heard, how the speaker or writer intended them. I am grown, i do not need someone or some computer keeping me from being offended by bad words from crass people.

• Camaro45th likes this

#30 leftjammer

leftjammer

Gun Guru

• 2,275 posts
  • LocationNew Hyde Park

Posted March 07 2017 - 05:06 PM

If you are the kind of guy who needs a gatekeeper on language or ideas that reach your ears, then great. i prefer to hear things as they were meant to be heard, how the speaker or writer intended them. I am grown, i do not need someone or some computer keeping me from being offended by bad words from crass people.

So you will be leaving us now....gee, thats too bad

#31 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Respected Gunowner

• 297 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted March 07 2017 - 05:12 PM

I just wanted to clear this up. I didn't want to post yesterday in the event of something going south. Dank and I were making a private sale for a fixed mag AR. I didn't want to go to Coliseum because every time I've gone in, I haven't had the greatest experience. But they were open, close, and it would have saved me from leaving work early to finalize the sale. I called them. Yeah said they do transfers. It was not mentioned what was being transfered. When we got there, we were told "we do not touch fixed mag ARs". I was kind of shocked considering that it technically is not something that is banned. Everything is factory, nothing to raise a flag. When the one guy looked at the other the other guy just said "we don't touch those". We walked out, surprised.

Everything was done at Volko, very, very nice gentlemen. I do recommend them for transfers.

I wish we would have been given maybe an explanation of why, but after calling 2 other places and finally someone gave me a reason, I understand. One place I called and I said what it was, I was asked "Who makes it?" I said DSI and was told they won't do it. I originally thought it maybe something regarding DSI not selling their rifles at other LGS but then finally I was told by my 3rd try that because of the laws being such a gray area, it's not worth the risk. I understand. While it sucks for us here on the island, i understand not wanting to be associated with it.

It just sucks that the state will not cut and dry laws that gives us citizens the black and white picture.
  • lucija and Pam like this

#32 Pam

Pam

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 85 posts

Posted March 07 2017 - 05:23 PM

I was asked "Who makes it?" I said DSI and was told they won't do it.

Which store said this?

#33 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Respected Gunowner

• 297 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted March 07 2017 - 05:24 PM

South shore sportsman
  • Pam likes this

#34 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,032 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 07 2017 - 05:41 PM

South shore sportsman

Congratulations, Regarding AR's, These Nassau shops had a plea deal and probably are playing it safe. Only T&T got lucky and had the charges dropped and sells ARs. Post some pictures of the DSI AR!

#35 killian

killian

Retired

• Donated Member
  • 1,696 posts
  • LocationEastern Suffolk

Posted March 07 2017 - 05:47 PM

Congratulations, Regarding AR's, These Nassau shops had a plea deal and probably are playing it safe. Only T&T got lucky and had the charges dropped and sells ARs. Post some pictures of the DSI AR!

SSS sells ARs.
  • LarryD23 likes this

#36 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,032 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 07 2017 - 05:54 PM

SSS sells ARs.

I shop there and have seen them before. I know Hunter Sports doesn't. Mike would bend over backwards to help a customer.
  • killian likes this

#37 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

Gun Guru

• 685 posts

Posted March 07 2017 - 05:59 PM

what if you stripped all the parts off, down to the lower. would they transfer just the stripped lower? if so, should have just went outside for a bit.

#38 DarkStorm

DarkStorm

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Donated Member

• 2,330 posts

Posted March 07 2017 - 07:10 PM

We have no problem doing the transfer here.

Also, we have no problem opening up any of the local gun stores as dealers.  Cliff at LIGS is a dealer, as is LI Outdoorsman in Rockville Centre and S&P Firearms in Franklin Square.  

• boosti and ProGodProGunProLife like this

#39 LarryD23

LarryD23

Respected Gunowner

• 280 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted March 07 2017 - 07:40 PM

SSS sells ARs.

I bought my NY compliant Ares SCR from SSS.

#40 SigSauer228

SigSauer228

Gun Guru

• 5,752 posts

Posted March 07 2017 - 07:46 PM

I just wanted to clear this up. I didn't want to post yesterday in the event of something going south. Dank and I were making a private sale for a fixed mag AR. I didn't want to go to Coliseum because every time I've gone in, I haven't had the greatest experience. But they were open, close, and it would have saved me from leaving work early to finalize the sale. I called them. Yeah said they do transfers. It was not mentioned what was being transfered. When we got there, we were told "we do not touch fixed mag ARs". I was kind of shocked considering that it technically is not something that is banned. Everything is factory, nothing to raise a flag. When the one guy looked at the other the other guy just said "we don't touch those". We walked out, surprised.  END OF STORY

I tossed in the "END OF STORY" and cut out the rest which was irrelevant. So....they told you that they do not do transfers on featureless AR's and the OP threw a hissy fit?  Wow, sounds like someone has really sensitive feelings. Their business, their rules. You don't like it? Suck it up buttercup and go elsewhere. There's absolutely no need for you to spew your tears on 2 message boards. I'm siding with Coliseum on this one. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users