Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Did he really not know that healthcare was that complicated?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

#41 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member + Classifieds
  • 681 posts

Posted March 01 2017 - 10:08 AM

Hate to say it, Will had more class than that jerk who just wants to post inflammatory and derogatory comments about the man  the people of the USA elected POTUS.

He sounds like more of a butt-hurt liberal to me masquerading as some kind of hard core conservative.

So i guess you really believe that all conservatives like Trump?

Really?

I hate to burst your bubble, kid. Any true conservative does not like Trump

Conservatives against Trump

The case for constitutional limited government is the case against Donald Trump. To the degree we take him at his word — understanding that Trump is a negotiator whose positions are often purposefully deceptive — what he advocates is a rejection of our Madisonian inheritance and an embrace of Barack Obama’s authoritarianism.

Trump assures voters that he will use authoritarian power for good, to help those who feel — with good reason — ignored by both parties. But the American experiment in self-government was the work of a generation that risked all to defeat a tyrannical monarch and establish a government of laws, not men. A government of the people, by the people, and for the people is precisely what the Constitution offers, and what is most threatened by “great men” impatient to impose their will on the nation.

A real conservative walks with us. Ronald Reagan read National Review and Human Events for intellectual sustenance; spoke annually to the Conservative Political Action Conference, Young Americans for Freedom, and other organizations to rally the troops; supported Barry Goldwater when the GOP mainstream turned its back on him; raised money for countless conservative groups; wrote hundreds of op-eds; and delivered even more speeches, everywhere championing our cause. Until he decided to run for the GOP nomination a few months ago, Trump had done none of these things, perhaps because he was too distracted publicly raising money for liberals such as the Clintons; championing Planned Parenthood, tax increases, and single-payer health coverage; and demonstrating his allegiance to the Democratic party.

One thing about which there can be no debate is that Trump is no conservative — he’s simply playing one in the primaries. Call it unreality TV.

Put aside for a moment Trump’s countless past departures from conservative principle on defense, racial quotas, abortion, taxes, single-payer health care, and immigration. (That’s right: In 2012, he derided Mitt Romney for being too aggressive on the question, and he’s made extensive use of illegal-immigrant labor in his serially bankrupt businesses.) The man has demonstrated an emotional immaturity bordering on personality disorder, and it ought to disqualify him from being a mayor, to say nothing of a commander-in-chief.

Trump has made a career out of egotism, while conservatism implies a certain modesty about government. The two cannot mix.

Who, except a pitifully insecure person, needs constantly to insult and belittle others, including, or perhaps especially, women? Where is the center of gravity in a man who in May denounces those who “needlessly provoke” Muslims and in December proposes that we (“temporarily”) close our borders to all non-resident Muslims? If you don’t like a Trump position, you need only wait a few months, or sometimes days. In September, he advised that we “let Russia fight ISIS.” In November, after the Paris massacre, he discovered that “we’re going to have to knock them out and knock them out hard.” A pinball is more predictable.

Is Trump a liberal? Who knows? He played one for decades — donating to liberal causes and politicians (including Al Sharpton) and inviting Hillary Clinton to his (third) wedding. Maybe it was all a game, but voters who care about conservative ideas and principles must ask whether his recent impersonation of a conservative is just another role he’s playing. When a con man swindles you, you can sue — as many embittered former Trump associates who thought themselves ill used have done. When you elect a con man, there’s no recourse.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#42 samwag

samwag

Respected Gunowner

• 173 posts
  • Locationeast northport

Posted March 01 2017 - 10:14 AM

do you think everyone here is a conservative ?

may i suggest a hobby i think coloring books would fit your intellect very well

keep practicing to stay within the lines  

• shamuscull likes this

#43 leftjammer

leftjammer

Gun Guru

• 2,274 posts
  • LocationNew Hyde Park

Posted March 01 2017 - 01:15 PM

Really?

The case for constitutional limited government is the case against Donald Trump. To the degree we take him at his word — understanding that Trump is a negotiator whose positions are often purposefully deceptive — what he advocates is a rejection of our Madisonian inheritance and an embrace of Barack Obama’s authoritarianism.

Trump assures voters that he will use authoritarian power for good, to help those who feel — with good reason — ignored by both parties. But the American experiment in self-government was the work of a generation that risked all to defeat a tyrannical monarch and establish a government of laws, not men. A government of the people, by the people, and for the people is precisely what the Constitution offers, and what is most threatened by “great men” impatient to impose their will on the nation.

A real conservative walks with us. Ronald Reagan read National Review and Human Events for intellectual sustenance; spoke annually to the Conservative Political Action Conference, Young Americans for Freedom, and other organizations to rally the troops; supported Barry Goldwater when the GOP mainstream turned its back on him; raised money for countless conservative groups; wrote hundreds of op-eds; and delivered even more speeches, everywhere championing our cause. Until he decided to run for the GOP nomination a few months ago, Trump had done none of these things, perhaps because he was too distracted publicly raising money for liberals such as the Clintons; championing Planned Parenthood, tax increases, and single-payer health coverage; and demonstrating his allegiance to the Democratic party.

One thing about which there can be no debate is that Trump is no conservative — he’s simply playing one in the primaries. Call it unreality TV.

Put aside for a moment Trump’s countless past departures from conservative principle on defense, racial quotas, abortion, taxes, single-payer health care, and immigration. (That’s right: In 2012, he derided Mitt Romney for being too aggressive on the question, and he’s made extensive use of illegal-immigrant labor in his serially bankrupt businesses.) The man has demonstrated an emotional immaturity bordering on personality disorder, and it ought to disqualify him from being a mayor, to say nothing of a commander-in-chief.

Trump has made a career out of egotism, while conservatism implies a certain modesty about government. The two cannot mix.

Who, except a pitifully insecure person, needs constantly to insult and belittle others, including, or perhaps especially, women? Where is the center of gravity in a man who in May denounces those who “needlessly provoke” Muslims and in December proposes that we (“temporarily”) close our borders to all non-resident Muslims? If you don’t like a Trump position, you need only wait a few months, or sometimes days. In September, he advised that we “let Russia fight ISIS.” In November, after the Paris massacre, he discovered that “we’re going to have to knock them out and knock them out hard.” A pinball is more predictable.

Is Trump a liberal? Who knows? He played one for decades — donating to liberal causes and politicians (including Al Sharpton) and inviting Hillary Clinton to his (third) wedding. Maybe it was all a game, but voters who care about conservative ideas and principles must ask whether his recent impersonation of a conservative is just another role he’s playing. When a con man swindles you, you can sue — as many embittered former Trump associates who thought themselves ill used have done. When you elect a con man, there’s no recourse.

Thank you for PROVING my point.

Maybe you should take a reading comprehension course

#44 leftjammer

leftjammer

Gun Guru

• 2,274 posts
  • LocationNew Hyde Park

Posted March 01 2017 - 01:18 PM

Exactly...

#45 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 5,934 posts

Posted March 01 2017 - 03:24 PM

Really?

While I understand Beck's sentiments he needs to come back to the real world. The options we conservatives had in November were NOT his idea of the ideal conservative but Trump versus the disaster that was Clinton and a continuation of Obama's progressive, liberal, globalist, anti-American, pro-welfare state agenda. There are plenty of things to not like about Trump but those things pale in comparison to the alternative we had in November.

His rants against the media, twits at 3:00am, inartful (to use an Obama term) speech are meaningless in my opinion when weighted against getting our economy on track, making the U.S. a more attractive place for investment, restructuring out tax code, working towards a balanced budget, securing our borders, rebuilding our military and infrastructure and establishing a more conservative Supreme Court.

There was NO possibility of these things happening under a Clinton administration and no guarantee that are going to be achieved under a Trump administration BUT give me possibility over impossibility every time.

• rcpilot likes this

#46 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

Gun Guru

• 681 posts

Posted March 01 2017 - 06:55 PM

Exactly...

he was talking about you

#47 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 19,196 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted March 01 2017 - 09:24 PM

People like the OP want to get people riled up. The best way to handle people like this is to ignore him and not respond to his comments. When his threads no longer have any responses he will go away.

#48 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

Gun Guru

• 681 posts

Posted March 03 2017 - 01:07 AM

I dont think anyone here wants to get people riled up. What would be the purpose? This board is for discussing issues generally relating to firearms and shooting. Who the president is makes a lot of difference to those with the same interests. If you have been around here more than a minute, you  will remember alot of criticizing Obama for stupid moves.

Why should this president be immune to discussion of his actions? Or is a discussion board only interesting and engaging when we discuss things that make us feel happy? Can people also discuss things that make us pissed off?

#49 Banzai

Banzai

Gun Guru

• 2,160 posts

Posted March 03 2017 - 06:42 AM

And once again, this block feature comes into play. If I want to hear clueless, condescending snowflakes, I'll turn on MSNBC or CNN. See ya Hillary!

• William Anthony likes this

#50 samwag

samwag

Respected Gunowner

• 173 posts
  • Locationeast northport

Posted March 03 2017 - 07:16 AM

And once again, this block feature comes into play. If I want to hear clueless, condescending snowflakes, I'll turn on MSNBC or CNN. See ya Hillary!

If you think my post is in support of msnbc or hillary you are mistaken

my post was to insult the op   his comments are belittling and condescending so my attempt at humor is to poke fun at his contempt for supporters of president Trump

i might be an ahole but clueless i am not

#51 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 19,196 posts

Posted March 03 2017 - 07:23 AM

It's time to ignore the OP when he posts these types of threads. Three pages of this stuff is three pages too many.

#52 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

Gun Guru

• 681 posts

Posted March 03 2017 - 09:19 AM

my post was to insult the op 

so you are a troll then? surely intentionally insulting users must violate the rules of the board.

#53 shamuscull

shamuscull

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 5,453 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted March 03 2017 - 10:56 AM

so you are a troll then? surely intentionally insulting users must violate the rules of the board.

Stop your baby bs antagonizing crap.  Start crap attempting to amp people up and then try to get mods to ban them....what a tool maneuver.

#54 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 19,196 posts

Posted March 03 2017 - 10:58 AM

Stop your baby bs antagonizing crap.  Start crap attempting to amp people up and then try to get mods to ban them....what a tool maneuver.

The solution is simple: FREEZE HIM OUT!

#55 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,028 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 03 2017 - 11:02 AM

It's Friday!

#56 samwag

samwag

Respected Gunowner

• 173 posts
  • Locationeast northport

Posted March 03 2017 - 03:28 PM

typical lib

cause a problem get a reaction blame the person reacting

to the mods if my action warrant punishment i accept any thing you see fit my intention was purely to insult the op

unlike the op my intentions are clear not hidden behind bs delusions of grandeur 

#57 mason852

mason852

Still a David Crockett kid

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 1,687 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted March 03 2017 - 05:21 PM

I am much happier with TRUMP finding health care reform difficult than I would be with HILLARY finding it easy !

#58 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

Gun Guru

• 681 posts

Posted March 03 2017 - 05:31 PM

Stop your baby bs antagonizing crap. Start crap attempting to amp people up and then try to get mods to ban them....what a tool maneuver.

Trying to get the mods to ban people? Really? What is this, running to the teacher in the schoolyard and crying to get some kid not being nice to me to get a time out? I would never call for banning anyone. I am a grownup. The internet is no place for sensitive snowflakes who want to silence people. That's what the libs do when they have nothing to argue against facts. I am interested in everyone's opinion, even those I disagree with. I am sure all the brothers on this site are all good men, some just disagree with me on some issues.

#59 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,028 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 03 2017 - 05:41 PM

Trying to get the mods to ban people? Really? What is this, running to the teacher in the schoolyard and crying to get some kid not being nice to me to get a time out? I would never call for banning anyone. I am a grownup. The internet is no place for sensitive snowflakes who want to silence people. That's what the libs do when they have nothing to argue against facts. I am interested in everyone's opinion, even those I disagree with. I am sure all the brothers on this site are all good men, some just disagree with me on some issues.

We have cool mods, it's OK nobody will ban you. You offer plenty of good responses.
  • Steyr AUG man likes this

#60 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 9,683 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted March 03 2017 - 05:49 PM

Face reality you had two choices in November and it was not the Republicans or the Democrats.

Your choices where the Nationalist party or the Globalist party. 

Who did you choose.

And if you think Hillary had a understand of the healthcare system your RIGHT!!!!!!  She has a full and complete understanding of the socialize healthcare system cause it was her plan under Slick Willy and was her plan to get out from under the Obamanatoin of Obamacare which is set to self-destruct in the next 4 year do to crushing premium and lack of healthcare provider and faculties.

Think I'm kidding Google Hospital and HealthCare faculties closures. You'll find in  the last 8 years more have closed then in the 15 years before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users