Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Used Guns?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 7,056 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 19 2017 - 06:14 AM

Why dont you try a Beretta 21A. This way when they have the federal reciprocity law passed, you could drop it in your front pocket and hit 95 South for a trip down south in your t-shirt and shorts. I've had mine for over 30 years, and it is a fun little gun.

I had one for a few years, sold to one of the senior cops who was looking for a pocket Pistol. It was a fun gun to shoot. My .32 Seecamp was my favorite pocket Pistol until I bought the Kahr P380 Blackdiamond.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 HyFiveGuns

HyFiveGuns

Respected Gunowner

• 109 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted March 19 2017 - 08:45 AM

I took my brand new Beretta 9M-22 to the range for the first time today. I planned on playing with the 22 for a little while before switching to my Colt. I had so much fun, the Colt never left my range bag.The grips are a little too large and not "grippy" enough  for me, so I'll probably put on a pair of Wilson Combat Ultra Thin G-10 grips. Other than that, this is an amazingly fun handgun. A little pricey for a 22, but worth every penny.

M922LR_main0012.jpg

My Beretta 92FS is my favorite gun of all.  I bought the .22LR conversion kit for it and it runs exactly like the 9M-22.  Easy to take to range.  One gun, two slides..

• LarryD23 likes this

#23 LarryD23

LarryD23

Respected Gunowner

• 288 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted March 19 2017 - 12:44 PM

My Beretta 92FS is my favorite gun of all.  I bought the .22LR conversion kit for it and it runs exactly like the 9M-22.  Easy to take to range.  One gun, two slides..

Are you still running the factory grips?

#24 HyFiveGuns

HyFiveGuns

Respected Gunowner

• 109 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted March 19 2017 - 03:24 PM

Are you still running the factory grips?

Yes sir.  The only modification I've done to my 92 is to put in a stainless steel guide rod. 

• LarryD23 likes this

#25 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

Gun Guru

• 734 posts

Posted March 19 2017 - 06:30 PM

I had one for a few years, sold to one of the senior cops who was looking for a pocket Pistol. It was a fun gun to shoot. My .32 Seecamp was my favorite pocket Pistol until I bought the Kahr P380 Blackdiamond.

thats funny, i first bought it in .25 ACP, but soon thereafter,  when i saw they had a .22 available, i figured i would save a bunch on the cost of ammo. .22 ammo was dirt cheap in the mid 1980's. I sold the .25 to a female cop looking for a pocket pistol, and i went back to Coliseum and got one in .22 .  I also have the Seecamp, in .32, and two in .380 . And I also have the Kahr P380, two-tone. Maybe you are my brother from another mother.

#26 NRATC53

NRATC53

Soon to be Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 20,734 posts

Posted March 19 2017 - 06:31 PM

I didn't like it. While it seemed like a cool concept, both myself and the salesman had a hard time breaking it apart. For the extra $100, I'd rather use it towards ammo or a scope or a bag or all 3 lol

I had no problem with either one I bought- Both stainless, each was under $250

#27 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Sharp Shooter!

• 302 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted March 19 2017 - 06:33 PM

I had no problem with either one I bought- Both stainless, each was under $250

That's a great price. I think they wanted $350 for the takedown when I bought my 22.

#28 NRATC53

NRATC53

Soon to be Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 20,734 posts

Posted March 19 2017 - 08:05 PM

a friend had one that the slide spring lever jumped on- PITA to put it right

#29 NRATC53

NRATC53

Soon to be Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 20,734 posts

Posted March 19 2017 - 08:08 PM

That's a great price. I think they wanted $350 for the takedown when I bought my 22.

Palmetto state armory ran a deal. Honestly, both broke down quite easily- push the button and twist

• boosti likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users