Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Gun show at IBEW Local 25 (March 11-12)

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Jaredwii

Jaredwii

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County, ISLIP

Posted February 16 2017 - 12:57 AM

Is anyone been there before? i noticed some google reviews mentioned Scabs? anyway i've never been in that gun show before though. 

• Camaro45th likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Tracee

Tracee

Respected Gunowner

• 113 posts
  • LocationSea Cliff, NY

Posted February 16 2017 - 02:29 AM

Scabs are workers that cross picket lines to do the jobs of striking / locked-out union workers. Don't think this relates to a gun show, though; they're just renting out their hall for the show...
  • Camaro45th likes this

#3 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 561 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted February 16 2017 - 05:50 AM

Hahaha scabs that's awesome.

#4 depiazzy

depiazzy

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Locationislip

Posted February 16 2017 - 06:34 AM

It's very small i prefer out of state gun shows

#5 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 19,736 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted February 16 2017 - 06:55 AM

What town is that in?

#6 M-1 Carbine

M-1 Carbine

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,116 posts
  • LocationBayshore

Posted February 16 2017 - 08:22 AM

If you do a search (here) you will find many treads on this gun show but what you will probably find is its one of the only gun shows on the island so we usually try and go anyway. You probably won't find any bargains (beside the hot sauce) but you can find some things you can't find any place else. In short its a pretty good day out with people who think the same way you do, worth the ride.  

Edited by M-1 Carbine, February 16 2017 - 08:23 AM.

• liseverewx likes this

#7 Strat688

Strat688

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 5,474 posts
  • LocationEast Setauket

Posted February 16 2017 - 11:02 AM

Prices are inflated, so be informed on the things you may be looking for.  I've gone a couple of times, but it gets "old" after a while.

• TJ Ironhorse, blue steel and ProGodProGunProLife like this

#8 Tracee

Tracee

Respected Gunowner

• 113 posts
  • LocationSea Cliff, NY

Posted February 16 2017 - 11:03 AM

What town is that in?

IBEW Local 25, 370 Vanderbilt Motor Parkway, Hauppauge, NY, 11788. Phone: (631) 273-4567 Fax: (631) 273-4773

#9 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 6,157 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted February 16 2017 - 01:10 PM

I have been to this show, maybe 3 times.  I don't remember every buying anything.  Few if any bargains and lots of inflated prices.  Sort of worth it just to see guns and be around gun people (looking at some of the cars draped in pro-2A bumper stickers is fun), but it would be much better if there were actually some good deals there.  

#10 hawkeye

hawkeye

Gunecologist

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 2,250 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted February 16 2017 - 02:01 PM

Every seller is there to SELL. You can usually get a good deal if you are not a dick.
1) Ask seller if it's okay to handle merchandise.
2) Ask seller if the price is firm.
3) Try to get seller to make the first offer.
4) If your counteroffer is reasonable, you have a good chance of obtaining it.
5) If you are a Dick to the seller, you won't accomplish anyting.

Most sellers will be honest with you (except maybe Benson's), but I've never met one that will not accept a fair offer.
Remember that very few are counting on the money from a sale to live on. I personally take great pleasure in telling someone to go !@@ off and refuse to sell them anything if they are annoying.
  • ProGodProGunProLife and firemanvin like this

#11 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 10,576 posts

Posted February 16 2017 - 02:37 PM

It's very small i prefer out of state gun shows

"very small"???  It's the largest show on the island......    We only have 3 shows right now, Hauppague, that is run as a Gun Show - Freeport and Babylon, that are both run as club events by the collector's clubs that run them.

If you're going to complain about the show being too small, give me a location that will handle a larger show, I know the promoter and he would love to have a bigger place.

Hauppague has the widest selection of our LI shows - Modern and Antique, new and used.   While the other shows are focused towards antiques (but they do have a bit of modern stuff)   I enjoy them all, there's things you won't see other places.

Lastly, stop by the NRA table and say hello... and BRING COOKIES! Gene and I get grumpy when we're hungry...

• liseverewx likes this

#12 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 6,157 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted February 16 2017 - 03:04 PM

Every seller is there to SELL. You can usually get a good deal if you are not a dick.
1) Ask seller if it's okay to handle merchandise.
2) Ask seller if the price is firm.
3) Try to get seller to make the first offer.
4) If your counteroffer is reasonable, you have a good chance of obtaining it.
5) If you are a Dick to the seller, you won't accomplish anyting.

Most sellers will be honest with you (except maybe Benson's), but I've never met one that will not accept a fair offer.
Remember that very few are counting on the money from a sale to live on. I personally take great pleasure in telling someone to go fuck off and refuse to sell them anything if they are annoying.

Good information about haggling.  The price tags are generally very high, I hadn't considered that they might accept much less. 

• Jaredwii likes this

#13 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 19,736 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted February 16 2017 - 03:19 PM

IBEW Local 25, 370 Vanderbilt Motor Parkway, Hauppauge, NY, 11788. Phone: (631) 273-4567 Fax: (631) 273-4773

Thank you.

#14 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 10,576 posts

Posted February 16 2017 - 05:32 PM

Thank you.

It's a 1/4 mile North of the LIE on the Right - you'll see the sign, parking around the rear.

#15 BLAMMO

BLAMMO

Lousy Shot

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 16,123 posts
  • LocationTrapped behind enemy lines

Posted February 17 2017 - 07:14 AM

Been there a couple times. Eh. It's probably the best gun show on Long Island but that's not saying much as gun shows go. A couple years ago, it was a rainy Saturday and the place was packed. Couldn't move inside and couldn't find a parking space outside. If it's a nice early Spring day, they won't do as well.

LIE x55

https://www.google.c...9!4d-73.2413013

#16 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 10,576 posts

Posted February 17 2017 - 08:58 AM

Been there a couple times. Eh. It's probably the best gun show on Long Island but that's not saying much as gun shows go. A couple years ago, it was a rainy Saturday and the place was packed. Couldn't move inside and couldn't find a parking space outside. If it's a nice early Spring day, they won't do as well.

LIE x55

https://www.google.c...9!4d-73.2413013

Yep....  It often gets scheduled the same time as the big car shows too...  then it's a light crowd - sucks too since I'd like to hit the car show too!

#17 angenmike

angenmike

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 645 posts
  • LocationIslip, NY

Posted February 17 2017 - 01:00 PM

I go every time. Each time I bring a different family member so they can see what it is like. Usually walk out with some great hot sauce and ideas for what guns I want to get elsewhere. We stop by DSI, Jerry's and Campsite. 

#18 Jaredwii

Jaredwii

Respected Gunowner

• 221 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County, ISLIP

Posted February 17 2017 - 01:40 PM

I go every time. Each time I bring a different family member so they can see what it is like. Usually walk out with some great hot sauce and ideas for what guns I want to get elsewhere. We stop by DSI, Jerry's and Campsite. 

do they ever sell nice used Henry lever action rifles? 

#19 LarryD23

LarryD23

Sharp Shooter!

• 467 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted February 17 2017 - 03:34 PM

Last year I picked up a bottle of Satan's Blood for a friend. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone... unless you want to commit suicide by hot sauce... but the vendor had a great selection.

• Steyr AUG man likes this

#20 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 10,576 posts

Posted February 17 2017 - 04:50 PM

do they ever sell nice used Henry lever action rifles? 

They have some things all the time, and all things some of the time....    That's the best answer you can get.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users