Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

-1 DSI for Firearms Purchase

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
310 replies to this topic

#301 carguy110

carguy110

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 2,712 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted February 06 2017 - 03:31 PM

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't believe that's in the NYS Penal code. I think it is only in federal.

Its in case law.
  • Denny likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#302 Denny

Denny

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 752 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County, NY

Posted February 06 2017 - 06:58 PM

Its in case law.

Constructive intent is what I was referring to. Possession even if it is separate from a lower is considered illegal. I'm not a lawyer but read this several times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • ddphoto90 likes this

#303 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 685 posts

Posted February 06 2017 - 07:00 PM

give us some citations so we can get the context.

#304 Denny

Denny

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 752 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County, NY

Posted February 06 2017 - 07:14 PM

give us some citations so we can get the context.

I have none as I suggested earlier when I couldn't remember what it was called. I've read it several times but I don't believe everything I read on the internet. Others with a law background would be better at that task.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#305 gcloss

gcloss

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 665 posts
  • LocationWherever my RV is parked

Posted February 06 2017 - 07:56 PM

If they are that busy (2 to 8 week), I think we should all chip in and open our own AR15 factory and give them some competition!
It generally takes less then a half hour to assemble an AR15 (less if you don't have a mag release. Lol) let's say there are 16 half hours in an 8 hour day, 64 (128 half) hours in a week, so one person can assemble (without testing) 256 AR15s in 2.weeks and up to about 2000 in 8 weeks. Looks like a super great business to be in. Maybe the NYSP can give us some hints to get it done?

It looks like you never ran a manufacturing company. It's not that simple and takes lots of cash.

#306 ddphoto90

ddphoto90

Respected Gunowner

• 115 posts
  • LocationLake Grove

Posted February 07 2017 - 12:21 AM

It looks like you never ran a manufacturing company. It's not that simple and takes lots of cash.

I agree with you here. Manufacturing and assembling aren't the same. CNC machines aren't all perfect. Anodizing can go awry. Shipments of other parts can be delayed.
  • gcloss likes this

#307 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,032 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted February 07 2017 - 04:11 AM

I will give an update.
Imwent in today to pick up my rifle that needed service. Pete did make it a point to come out and go over not only the rifle (let me shoot in the range too) but we also had a great dialogue over past issues and my concerns.
Like I have stated in earler posts, i am not doing a complete 180 but it was nice for pete to address the elephant in the room and he really seemed to take my concerns to heart. He also addressed the staff and let me know a lot of the original staff is coming back more and more.
Best of luck to them, and I hope the store continues to improve and grow.

I see a DSI for sale that you have in the classifieds. Was that problem corrected?

#308 Steyr AUG man

Steyr AUG man

Gun Guru

• 685 posts

Posted February 07 2017 - 06:59 AM

I believe he was being sarcastic.

#309 dank27

dank27

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 944 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted February 07 2017 - 08:18 AM

I see a DSI for sale that you have in the classifieds. Was that problem corrected?

Yes, Rifle got a new bcg (gas key issue) and upgraded hammer.

I personally Ran 20rds and it functioned flawlessly.

#310 VolkoSupply

VolkoSupply

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor

• 2,824 posts

Posted February 07 2017 - 08:48 AM

I have to say. Went into DSI today to drop off my last DSI rifle bc it has never fired without issue. I was dreading it and fortunately dealt with Rob, young guy, explained the issue and issues in the past, he addressed that previous staff was not up to snuff and thats why we see new faces.

He assured me the rifle would be back in my hands in perfect working order ASAP. He also said I would be able to test fore it in the range before leaving wih it to make sure.

Now, i have not made a 180 on them, I still feel ownership is a bumch of jackasses and he rifles are Junk. However it was nice to deal with an employee who seemed to genuinely care.

Thanks Rob, and I hope this is amstep in the right direction for the store.

Dan

Well that's a pleasant surprise.

#311 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator

• 9,688 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted February 07 2017 - 09:40 AM

Ok this thread has gone in I cant even tell you how many directoin off topic so its time for it to get put to bed. 

Im locking it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users