Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Harbor Freight Booster Pack

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 3,971 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted January 10 2017 - 12:40 PM

mine from US General or maybe HF mailorder finally bit the dust.   Anyone use these portable batteries from Harbor Freight and think they are worth it ?   My boat just has one battery and I like to have it for that although in the years I had the old one I only boosted others.  My truck battery just died today and thats how I discovered the booster was dead too.   No complaints I got 80 months on that Motorcraft battery !

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Sharp Shooter!

• 418 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted January 10 2017 - 03:09 PM

I own 2 energizer ones I got off amazon a few years ago, my old place didn't have power in the garage, and I both them just to power a light. I keep one in my truck and one in my shed for a light. Those work pretty well. Usually the power tools at harbor freight aren't the greatest. Something like a jump pack, you may want to get a name brand, at least it will work when you need it to. Not knocking harbor freight, I have a 4 ton floor jack that works great.

#3 Ransom

Ransom

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6,258 posts
  • LocationCuomo's State

Posted January 10 2017 - 03:48 PM

mine from US General or maybe HF mailorder finally bit the dust.   Anyone use these portable batteries from Harbor Freight and think they are worth it ?   My boat just has one battery and I like to have it for that although in the years I had the old one I only boosted others.  My truck battery just died today and thats how I discovered the booster was dead too.   No complaints I got 80 months on that Motorcraft battery !

No there not worth it..... Old  technology big bulky battery jump starters are being phased out....Products like this are the new way to go now...They come in all sizes some can fit in your glove box slightly bigger then a big cell phone...

NOCO Genius Boost+ 1000A Lithium Jump Starter for Cars, Trucks, SUVs, Motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs

• gopedxr7 likes this

#4 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Sharp Shooter!

• 418 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted January 10 2017 - 04:05 PM

No there not worth it..... Old technology big bulky battery jump starters are being phased out....Products like this are the new way to go now...They come in all sizes some can fit in your glove box slightly bigger then a big cell phone...
NOCO Genius Boost+ 1000A Lithium Jump Starter for Cars, Trucks, SUVs, Motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs

He's right these are the latest and greatest. I should have mentioned that lol.

#5 finfeathr

finfeathr

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • 173 posts

Posted January 10 2017 - 06:31 PM

I have 2 ravpower jumpstarters..1 for the boat, one in the house for the cars,,,they work great, charge them once every 3-4 months and you are good..got on amazon for like $45...

#6 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• 3,971 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted January 10 2017 - 07:40 PM

Thanks gentlemen.    Now that my truck has a brand new battery, I will be mostly buying it for the boat, will try to figure which will be best for that purpose.   I see on Amazon at least there will be quite a selection.   But any reservations about lithium batteries ?   I'll save my Harbor Freight coupons for cheap flashlights, cord, and plastic ammo boxes, lol.

• CITYREPO61 likes this

#7 leftjammer

leftjammer

Gun Guru

• 2,367 posts
  • LocationNew Hyde Park

Posted January 10 2017 - 10:31 PM

we have one of those li-ion batteries at work, its about the size of two cigarette packs together. Started a dead Ford F-350 van no problem, I was sold. 

Getting one for the boat for sure. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users