Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Field and stream melville

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 depiazzy

depiazzy

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Locationislip

Posted January 02 2017 - 08:06 PM

How do you guys feel about them as far as buying handguns? i personally feel the drive is long to yaphank twice but when you get money back in the mail for rewards i save alot on handguns. saved almost 200 today on a 1911

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 288 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted January 02 2017 - 09:26 PM

I really like Field and stream. My friend and I drove to bass pro in CT yesterday and their gun section was much smaller than Field and stream. The people are pretty nice in the store. Once I got my permit I headed out there because they have a pretty decent selection of handguns. I didn't purchase there, but I did purchase off another customers recommendation. Even after we drove over a hour to bass pro, we drove back and went to Field and stream. We didn't make any purchases at either store as far as firearms related but it's always fun to pop in and see what's on sale.

#3 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 9,674 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted January 02 2017 - 11:53 PM

I really wish a Gander Mountain would open on the island.

Field and Stream is a nice place 

#4 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Respected Gunowner

• 288 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted January 03 2017 - 05:39 AM

Hopefully we will get bass pro in Uniondale like they were saying.
  • Mr. Shotgun likes this

#5 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,010 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 03 2017 - 06:24 AM

I really wish a Gander Mountain would open on the island.

Field and Stream is a nice place

Gander Mountain is over priced on firearms and ammunition. The Gander Mountain in Middletown is terrible, they removed all the Taxidermy mounts of Big Game because corporate has an anti hunter running the company. They always make mistakes and charge more than the advertised sale price.
I would prefer a Bass Pro Shop that is geared for the outdoors and offers good online sales.
  • pequa1 and TJ Ironhorse like this

#6 gwbahren

gwbahren

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 767 posts

Posted January 03 2017 - 08:20 AM

Gander Mountain is over priced on firearms and ammunition. The Gander Mountain in Middletown is terrible, they removed all the Taxidermy mounts of Big Game because corporate has an anti hunter running the company. They always make mistakes and charge more than the advertised sale price.
I would prefer a Bass Pro Shop that is geared for the outdoors and offers good online sales.

WTF?! Didn't corporate realize what their product  was?

• killian likes this

#7 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,010 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 03 2017 - 10:12 AM

WTF?! Didn't corporate realize what their product  was?

Gander Mountain is geared for selling clothing and footwear instead of focusing on the avid hunters or firearms enthusiast.
  • pequa1 likes this

#8 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator

• 5,998 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted January 03 2017 - 10:31 AM

Gander Mountain is geared for selling clothing and footwear instead of focusing on the avid hunters or firearms enthusiast.

Sounds like GM could be the next Sports Authority.

• pequa1, angelonm and nissii like this

#9 CAP1974

CAP1974

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others:
  • 1,742 posts
  • LocationMassapequa

Posted January 03 2017 - 03:43 PM

I have been to Field and Steam in Melville a few times and really like it there. They have a geed selection of firearms, ammo, and hunting gear and I think it was a great add on for Dicks, yes, can you believe I sad that LOL.

#10 Mr. Shotgun

Mr. Shotgun

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 1,599 posts
  • LocationBehind Enemy Lines

Posted January 03 2017 - 07:34 PM

Gander Mountains customer service sucks. I would never buy a firearm there

#11 joey52685

joey52685

Sharp Shooter!

• 628 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted January 04 2017 - 08:13 AM

Well they seem like a decent store, but there always seems to be a line at the pistol counter (Not a bad problem for them to have).  And there are plenty of places closer to Mineola, so unless they have an amazing deal on something I doubt I'd be buying a handgun there. 

#12 joey52685

joey52685

Sharp Shooter!

• 628 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted January 04 2017 - 08:13 AM

Hopefully we will get bass pro in Uniondale like they were saying.

I hadn't heard that.  That would be pretty cool. 

Edit: i see it's planned for the area around the new coliseum.  Let's hope it still happens. 

#13 WTF All Day

WTF All Day

Respected Gunowner

• 104 posts
  • LocationSeaford

Posted January 04 2017 - 11:38 AM

Been there many times. My 15 year old is a fisherman so we split up and kind of lose track of time in there. The only thing that bothered me about it was they don't accept coupons on ammo. I had a 25% off of $75 or more coupon a few weeks ago, bought a 250 round box of 9mm ammo and a Hoppe's Bore Snake and was told the coupon couldn't be used for ammo. Store policy. Not a huge deal but I'd rather $25 in MY pocket than there's. Just an FYI.

#14 Banzai

Banzai

Gun Guru

• 2,159 posts

Posted January 05 2017 - 04:38 PM

>The Gander Mountain in Middletown is terrible, they removed all the Taxidermy mounts of Big Game because corporate has an anti hunter running the company. >

Oh well that makes perfect sense...that's like hiring a vegetarian PETA-activist CEO to run McDonald's. The stupid...it hurts.

• Trailblazer likes this

#15 Terono

Terono

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 633 posts
  • LocationFranklin Square, NY

Posted January 05 2017 - 10:25 PM

Picked up a M&P Shield .45 the second week they opened. was $399 plus tax. The paperwork took forever - but that might only be because they just opened. Since I live in Nassau I had to make a few trips to actually pick up my purchase. Mostly a positive experience.

#16 TheKnot

TheKnot

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Locationlong island

Posted March 05 2017 - 09:41 PM

I have been there a few times the place has all you need .The fishing selection is outstanding lots of guns, also the guys are knowledgeable and friendly .That goes a long way with me ,as for finding a deal that could be tough with a line at the counter .  But the guy with the gray beard can teach you how to blow a duck call while you wait

#17 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator

• 9,674 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted March 06 2017 - 09:11 AM

Yep a bass pro would be great.

#18 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• 3,938 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted March 06 2017 - 10:19 AM

Yep a bass pro would be great.

Nassau politics and corporate greed and revenge are currently stalling any retail and entertainment venues at Mitchel Field for now.   And please, rebuilding the Coliseum and not having enough seats for a major league team.   Thanks for nothing !

zzrguy-   what makes you a fan of GM ?  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users