Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo
- - - - -

"Gun show loophole"

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 bfourn1

bfourn1

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 173 posts
  • Locationeast northport

Posted December 21 2016 - 12:57 AM

forget this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 19,221 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted December 21 2016 - 07:15 AM

That's liberal speak.
  • NRATC53 and Mad Russian like this

#3 E

E

Gun Guru

• 3,289 posts

Posted December 21 2016 - 07:48 AM

I just bough a full auto Uzi AR47 with bayo lug this morning. - thank you gun show loophole.
  • Mad Russian and Trailblazer like this

#4 Mad Russian

Mad Russian

Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!

• Donated Member
  • 21,941 posts
  • LocationUltimate irony is admiring a foreign President more than your own!

Posted December 21 2016 - 08:00 AM

Is that the one that has a thousand round heat seeking bullet clip and can fire it in one second with a shoulder thingy that goes up?

I got two from ebay!
  • NRATC53 and mason852 like this

#5 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: , , ,
  • 4,966 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, all the time

Posted December 21 2016 - 08:01 AM

I just bough a full auto Uzi AR47 with bayo lug this morning. - thank you gun show loophole.

I'll bet that my newly acquired, full auto, Lee-Springfield M14-P220 holds more rounds and spits them out faster.

Gary

• Mad Russian likes this

#6 leftjammer

leftjammer

Gun Guru

• 2,278 posts
  • LocationNew Hyde Park

Posted December 21 2016 - 09:12 AM

I took presidents Hussein's advice and ordered up this sweet Browning on the internet and its getting delivered to my doorstep. Thanks Obama 

m1919a4_2.jpg

• Mad Russian likes this

#7 winston

winston

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 3,053 posts

Posted December 21 2016 - 10:38 AM

the only loop hole is between Odumbo's head

• Mad Russian likes this

#8 set2374

set2374

Sharp Shooter!

• 406 posts
  • LocationEast Rockaway

Posted December 21 2016 - 02:06 PM

Oh yeah that loophole that lets any criminal buy any weapon they want from dealers at a gun show without a background check....Except that mythical loophole exists only in the wet dreams of liberals, just like pistol grips make guns more lethal.

#9 grifhunter

grifhunter

Im Back I love LIF

• Club LIF Member
  • 7,605 posts
  • LocationTraffic congestion Exits 43-49

Posted December 21 2016 - 02:21 PM

I just emptied out my gun safe to make room for my wife's craft supplies. 

Sold all my guns at a show to some guy named Mohammed.  Didn't get his last name. 

#10 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1,614 posts

Posted December 21 2016 - 05:15 PM

The whole criminal can buy the same gun on the internet without a background check is total BS. WHY DOESNT ANYONE EXPLAIN THIS TO THESE IDIOTS. No one at all on the pro gun side can let these idiots know the facts after they spew their rhetoric?
Simply educate the ignorant

Edited by TJ Ironhorse, December 21 2016 - 05:15 PM.

#11 Yaphank Kid

Yaphank Kid

Older Budweiser

• Donated Member
  • 2,150 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted December 21 2016 - 05:41 PM

Yo Bammy, you also created a system where people can now go buy Marijuana legally, and the rest buy theirs illegally. More drugs are bought illegaly than legally.

#12 Lou G

Lou G

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 577 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted December 21 2016 - 06:36 PM

But you can keep your own doctor, 

• LarryD23 likes this

#13 bfourn1

bfourn1

Respected Gunowner

• 173 posts
  • Locationeast northport

Posted December 21 2016 - 08:50 PM

haha did anything change about this in november with the new laws?  I know this loophole isn't what people make it out to be.  But am i right that it allows u to buy a gun without a background check from a private dealer?

#14 leftjammer

leftjammer

Gun Guru

• 2,278 posts
  • LocationNew Hyde Park

Posted December 21 2016 - 10:53 PM

haha did anything change about this in november with the new laws?  I know this loophole isn't what people make it out to be.  But am i right that it allows u to buy a gun without a background check from a private dealer?

Nope

#15 bill3rail

bill3rail

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 83 posts
  • LocationLI

Posted February 20 2017 - 12:07 PM

I need this loophole!  Unfortunately, the seller is the Easter Bunny somewhere in the mountains of the great white north!  Never seen or photographed!

#16 bill3rail

bill3rail

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 83 posts
  • LocationLI

Posted February 20 2017 - 12:12 PM

I took presidents Hussein's advice and ordered up this sweet Browning on the internet and its getting delivered to my doorstep. Thanks Obama 

So what oDumber is saying is that anyone can shop online!  That is called a free market! 

He failed to state these criminals cannot purchase guns online.  I have never seen any site you can buy guns without NICS and FFL transfer.  He failed to provide examples, and the liberal rags would have eaten this up to push paper revenue.

#17 Destro

Destro

Zombtac Operator

• Donated Member
  • 12,095 posts
  • LocationRunning with the spirits of the Nesaquake & Caleb Smith

Posted February 20 2017 - 12:38 PM

I remember the days when you could buy a full featured AK-74 or AR-15 on Long Island with just cash and a handshake. Zero paperwork legally required, didn't even need to know the guys name.

That was 2012. :P

• NRATC53, Parashooter and bfourn1 like this

#18 geraldatwork

geraldatwork

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCopiague

Posted March 17 2017 - 03:58 PM

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the laws vary by State on people buying handguns at shows without a background check.  NYS has some pretty tough laws. 

#19 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 6,011 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted March 17 2017 - 04:05 PM

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the laws vary by State on people buying handguns at shows without a background check.  NYS has some pretty tough laws. 

Welcome to LIF.  In some Free states, a resident can buy a handgun from a private seller, without a background check.  Whether that sale takes place in the seller's kitchen, the parking lot at Walmart, the local shooting range, or at a gun show makes no difference.  All gun purchases, gun purchases, from a individual or entity in the business of selling firearms must be through an FFL and require a NICS background check.

In NYS, you cannot legally buy any gun, long gun or handgun, without a background check.  For handguns, you must also have a NYS pistol license, before you can buy or touch a handgun, and the handgun must be added to your license.  

#20 geraldatwork

geraldatwork

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCopiague

Posted March 17 2017 - 04:16 PM

I bought a Marlin 60 22 Rifle about 3-4 months ago for some kind of simple home protection. Been taking it to the Nassau Range about once a week and have a blast shooting targets.  Went through 150 rounds last week.  Never shot a handgun and was thinking it would be fun.  But hearing about all of the hassle and time to get a licence is turning me off. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users