Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Friend just filed for Nassau permit today, date in Mid Feb

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 361 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted December 20 2016 - 04:15 PM

For anyone who is looking to possibly get their Nassau permit, might be a good time. My friends fingerprint date is in Mid February. It took me 7 months to get my fingerprints done. Sounds like they have caught up quite a bit.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 LarryD23

LarryD23

Sharp Shooter!

• Topic Starter
  • 356 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted December 20 2016 - 04:37 PM

Something tells me that a pro-2A President might have something to do with that.   :victory

• WTF All Day likes this

#3 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Sharp Shooter!

• 361 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted December 20 2016 - 06:50 PM

Yes I would have to agree. Many of us scrambled to get our paperwork in fear of Clinton winning. Now that she's out of the picture I guess there is no immediate rush
  • LarryD23 likes this

#4 HyFiveGuns

HyFiveGuns

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • 109 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted December 20 2016 - 10:38 PM

They added a few investigators recently; that is what is speeding up the timelines.  My wife turned in her application early October, was originally given a 10/31 fingerprint date but couldn't make that so went on 11/9 instead.  Her prints were not of sufficient quality (my wife has very faint fingerprints) and had to go back on December 5 but only because she couldn't make it sooner.  She got notice of approval last week.   Overall, two months from submission to approval and that includes two delays by her.  

My son submitted his application on 11/21, has fingerprint appointment tomorrow. 

#5 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Sharp Shooter!

• 361 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted December 21 2016 - 10:07 AM

They added a few investigators recently; that is what is speeding up the timelines.  My wife turned in her application early October, was originally given a 10/31 fingerprint date but couldn't make that so went on 11/9 instead.  Her prints were not of sufficient quality (my wife has very faint fingerprints) and had to go back on December 5 but only because she couldn't make it sooner.  She got notice of approval last week.   Overall, two months from submission to approval and that includes two delays by her.     My son submitted his application on 11/21, has fingerprint appointment tomorrow.   It's still crazy to me that so many of us had to wait for so long, meanwhile it's taking people 1 month, 2 months etc. oh well I guess at least we have it now.

#6 HyFiveGuns

HyFiveGuns

Respected Gunowner

• 109 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted December 21 2016 - 03:05 PM

It's still crazy to me that so many of us had to wait for so long, meanwhile it's taking people 1 month, 2 months etc. oh well I guess at least we have it now.

It took me about 6 months start to finish to get mine.  Last year at this time, it was around the time of the San Bernadino attack, applications skyrocketed and the timelines were much longer.  There has been a steady uptick in applications leading up to the election and they staffed up to meet the demand.  They seem to be doing much better now.   This is a good thing.  If people are even thinking about it, now is the time to do it.  If demand drops off due to HC not getting elected and who knows what else when the Mangano mess gets sorted out, maybe they drop the staff there.  

#7 William Anthony

William Anthony

Respected Gunowner

• 178 posts
  • LocationEast Quogue L.I. N.Y.

Posted December 21 2016 - 07:35 PM

Dropped off my application in mid October , it's been 2 months and haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully it'll be soon ! In East suffolk they print you the same day so i guess i'm waiting for a call for the interview...

#8 strmrdr81

strmrdr81

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Locationnassau county

Posted March 15 2017 - 01:38 PM

For anyone who is looking to possibly get their Nassau permit, might be a good time. My friends fingerprint date is in Mid February. It took me 7 months to get my fingerprints done. Sounds like they have caught up quite a bit.

How did your friend make out?  Get his permit yet?

#9 Blade21

Blade21

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 1,762 posts

Posted March 15 2017 - 06:43 PM

Anyone know the wait time for prints nowadays?  Curious to know

#10 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Sharp Shooter!

• 361 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted March 15 2017 - 08:12 PM

How did your friend make out? Get his permit yet?

Not yet he is still waiting. He did call I think last Friday to speak with his investigator and he said it would be about 1-2 months. He quoted that it took me 2 weeks and the guy said I must have just gotten lucky.

#11 William Anthony

William Anthony

Respected Gunowner

• 178 posts

Posted March 15 2017 - 09:17 PM

I'm going on 5 months with no call for an interview from the Sheriff's Dept in Riverhead. I called awhile ago and they said they were really backed up with applications. I think I'm looking at a year  or so but the wait will be worth it.

• Jaredwii likes this

#12 Jaredwii

Jaredwii

Respected Gunowner

• 168 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County, ISLIP

Posted March 16 2017 - 12:57 AM

I'm going on 5 months with no call for an interview from the Sheriff's Dept in Riverhead. I called awhile ago and they said they were really backed up with applications. I think I'm looking at a year  or so but the wait will be worth it.

almost 5 month for me, The lady on the phone said they should call me within an month

#13 strmrdr81

strmrdr81

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Locationnassau county

Posted March 16 2017 - 02:24 PM

Not yet he is still waiting. He did call I think last Friday to speak with his investigator and he said it would be about 1-2 months. He quoted that it took me 2 weeks and the guy said I must have just gotten lucky.

I assume the investigator portion was completed and now its just sitting in the never ending stack of papers waiting to be signed sealed and delivered 

#14 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,255 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 16 2017 - 03:32 PM

Crazy how people were getting the letter in the mail a few short weeks later after being fingerprinted.
I hope nothing was found in his Background.

#15 LarryD23

LarryD23

Sharp Shooter!

• 356 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted March 16 2017 - 03:39 PM

From what I've been reading it looks like there are big differences between NCPD, SCPD and SC Sheriffs.

• VolkoSupply likes this

#16 imrich

imrich

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 233 posts
  • LocationWestern Suffolk

Posted March 16 2017 - 04:00 PM

My permit arrived just over a year to the day I sent in my original paperwork. I'm in western Suffolk so I went through SCPD. I was hearing a few months ago that Nassau's wait was considerably shorter. It seems to change like the tides. 

#17 strmrdr81

strmrdr81

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Locationnassau county

Posted March 16 2017 - 05:06 PM

Crazy how people were getting the letter in the mail a few short weeks later after being fingerprinted.
I hope nothing was found in his Background.

I doubt anything was found in his background... It's probably sitting on the supervisors desk waiting to be signed... apparently there is "no set time" for that, you could luck out and get it 3 weeks after prints or not and get it anytime between prints and 6 mos. 

#18 William Anthony

William Anthony

Respected Gunowner

• 178 posts

Posted March 16 2017 - 06:18 PM

At the SC Sheriff's office in Riverhead, you are printed when you drop off the application but I don't think  that speeds up the processing of you're permit ...

#19 strmrdr81

strmrdr81

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Locationnassau county

Posted March 17 2017 - 12:36 PM

do update us when your friend gets his

#20 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Sharp Shooter!

• 361 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted March 17 2017 - 06:22 PM

do update us when your friend gets his

will do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users