Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Auto Logins not working

2K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Admin 
#1 ·
Logging in automatically no longer works for me. I have to enter name and password all the time now.

#7 ·
Seems to be fixed since this morning...

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
My auto log in is working.

They did a update to security a week or two ago and that reset a bunch of stuff that was previously turned off or on. They are fixing the issues as they're told about them.

The being logged out every hour is a pain in the A so we'll see if that can be turned off again.

Reactions: gwbahren
#14 ·
Can you clear your cache and cookies, and ensure your cookies are enabled in your browser?

The auto-session logout was also changed from 1 hour to 3. This way you can stay logged in for up to 3 hours of inactivity.

Let me know if this and the other information posted here helps.

Thanks,

- JB

#15 ·
Try unchecking the remember me box, and then re- check it....thats what worked for me after 3 days of bitchin
Thanks for the tip, but it did not do the trick

Can you clear your cache and cookies, and ensure your cookies are enabled in your browser?

The auto-session logout was also changed from 1 hour to 3. This way you can stay logged in for up to 3 hours of inactivity.

Let me know if this and the other information posted here helps.

Thanks,

- JB
Clearing temp files seemed to have done it,... Thank You

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
I guess the fact that I mentioned that I wasn't having any problems must have pissed somebody off. So, they "fixed" it. Now, I'm being logged out even if I just leave the site and come right back. Same browser session. Even if I just open another tab!! It's on every computer and every device I own.

And what about my 2017 Club Membership?

It only happens to me if I go several days without visiting using that device. Usually my phone or tablet (both Android). I use Firefox on my laptop. No problems.

#19 ·
I guess the fact that I mentioned that I wasn't having any problems must have pissed somebody off. So, they "fixed" it. Now, I'm being logged out even if I just leave the site and come right back. Same browser session. Even if I just open another tab!! It's on every computer and every device I own.

And what about my 2017 Club Membership?
No changes were made to the site recently. This seems to be a cookie issue.

Can you clear your cache and cookies, and ensure your browser is set to accept cookies?

Are you using the "Remember Me?" when logging in?

Does your browser save your password for the site? Is it saving the correct information? Can you check to ensure the correct username/password is saved?

As for the memberships, the page is currently causing an SQL error we are investigating. I will gather some information and look into the 2017 memberships as well.

Thanks,

- JB

#20 ·
Can you clear your cache and cookies, and ensure your browser is set to accept cookies?

Does your browser save your password for the site? Is it saving the correct information? Can you check to ensure the correct username/password is saved?

As for the memberships, the page is currently causing an SQL error we are investigating. I will gather some information and look into the 2017 memberships as well.

Thanks,
- JB
All my browser settings are as they should be. All of a sudden, all my devices start behaving this way? Three computers at home and at work, phone and tablet? Other people too? Don't tell me nothing has changed on the site.

Opening a new tab is not by default anonymous.

#21 ·

Thanks,

- JB
Happens on both my iMac and iPad, all the time.

Yes, Remember me is checked.

#22 ·
It appears I may have fixed it on my work computer by clearing out ALL my cookies, not just the cookies from LIF. So, I'm guessing it was being caused by a cookie from some other unknown domain.

For some of the **** you Canadian scumbags are running on this site, you should be taken out a whipped until your skin is gone.

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
Happens on both my iMac and iPad, all the time.

Yes, Remember me is checked.
Have you cleared all your cookies from your browser? This seems to have worked for Blammo below.

It appears I may have fixed it on my work computer by clearing out ALL my cookies, not just the cookies from LIF. So, I'm guessing it was being caused by a cookie from some other unknown domain.

For some of the **** you Canadian scumbags are running on this site, you should be taken out a whipped until your skin is gone.
Glad to see you were able to resolve the issue. Sometimes bad cookies are picked up on certain sites which effect others.

If you have any other issues let us know.

Thanks,

- JB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.