Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

2016 Deer Season

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#81 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member + Classifieds
  • 7,002 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 13 2017 - 01:33 PM

Damn... I hope I can get out next season...    I just saw last night DEC says over 200,000 deer were harvested.

That was because of the warm weather last winter. Opening day gun season was many shots.
I hunted Thanksgiving morning and seen many deer moving through the snow. I harvested a big doe and had to drive back to Long Island, I was the first guy to drop off my deer that Friday morning. I got a call Saturday morning to pick up the venison. They were slammed with customers coming back Friday from hunting upstate. It's a good sign we still have many hunters from Long Island going upstate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users