Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

My new Henry All Weather rifle (PICS)

my new henry all weather rifle pics

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Destro

Destro

Zombtac Operator

• Donated Member
  • 12,172 posts
  • LocationRunning with the spirits of the Nesaquake & Caleb Smith

Posted October 23 2016 - 04:47 PM

POPULAR

Special thanks to LI Ammo, who contacted Anthony at Henry directly and had a few shipped straight from the factory (they might have a 30-30 left). LI Ammo is Long Island's premier Henry Gold dealer, if you need a Henry (or other guns and lots of ammo and other cool stuff) be sure to check them out!

Henry All Weather Lever Action Rifle
45-70 Govt, Specially stained hardwood, Hard Chrome plating finish.
18.43 Barrel, 7.08 pounds

A beautifully finished, rugged guide gun with Henry's legendary service and warranty.
Attached File  Henry4570_1.jpg   737.32KB   26 downloads

45-70 Govt, a caliber with great history and can drop any game in North America.
Attached File  Henry4570_2.jpg   513.7KB   17 downloads

Attached File  Henry4570_3.jpg   680.52KB   14 downloads

Attached File  Henry4570_4.jpg   484.96KB   11 downloads

The hard chrome plating is beautiful and durable offering corrosion resistance.
Attached File  Henry4570_5.jpg   576.9KB   15 downloads

Attached File  Henry4570_6.jpg   691.82KB   13 downloads

Attached File  Henry4570_7.jpg   605KB   17 downloads

With lighting, against the steel pegboard, you can see the dark wood actually has a chocolate hue to it.
Attached File  Henry4570_8.jpg   772.18KB   13 downloads
  • 2edgesword, BLAMMO, gopedxr7 and 7 others like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 dank27

dank27

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 948 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted October 23 2016 - 05:16 PM

I just picked up a Marlin 1985SBL in 45-70.

#3 Destro

Destro

Zombtac Operator

• Donated Member
  • 12,172 posts

Posted October 23 2016 - 05:24 PM

I just picked up a Marlin 1985SBL in 45-70.

Cool gun. Hope it works out for you. I only buy pre-Remington JM Stamped Marlins now (own several from the 80s).
The 1985SBL is a beauty but I've seen some horrible QC on Remlins from metal burrs on the finish to extraction issues. The thing with Henry is their legendary customer service. LI Ammo talked directly to the owner of the company and he sent these guns from the factory. If there is a problem I know they'll make it right. Can't say that about Marlin anymore since they were bought out by Remington (The Freedom Group holding company which is strictly corporate) and got rid of all their old gunsmiths, but that doesn't mean you didn't get a good one. Enjoy.

Edited by Destro, October 23 2016 - 05:25 PM.

#4 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 19,707 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted October 23 2016 - 05:36 PM

Excellent!!

#5 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,460 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted October 23 2016 - 05:46 PM

Cool gun. Hope it works out for you. I only buy pre-Remington JM Stamped Marlins now (own several from the 80s).
The 1985SBL is a beauty but I've seen some horrible QC on Remlins from metal burrs on the finish to extraction issues. The thing with Henry is their legendary customer service. LI Ammo talked directly to the owner of the company and he sent these guns from the factory. If there is a problem I know they'll make it right. Can't say that about Marlin anymore since they were bought out by Remington (The Freedom Group holding company which is strictly corporate) and got his wife of all their old gunsmiths, but that doesn't mean you didn't get a good one. Enjoy.

Henry has excellent service, the owner has replaced rifles that are sent back for warranty issues and even refunded money if they couldn't meet the customers expectations.
  • TJ Ironhorse and Destro like this

#6 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 10,147 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted October 23 2016 - 06:04 PM

VERY NICE.
Very mobern looking for a leave gun. Awsome round if you reload you can make some real potent medicine for big game and bigger bears.

#7 OneLowRider

OneLowRider

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 785 posts

Posted October 23 2016 - 07:44 PM

I love the finish on this gun.

#8 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator

• 6,148 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted October 24 2016 - 08:39 AM

Special thanks to LI Ammo, who contacted Anthony at Henry directly and had a few shipped straight from the factory (they might have a 30-30 left). LI Ammo is Long Island's premier Henry Gold dealer, if you need a Henry (or other guns and lots of ammo and other cool stuff) be sure to check them out!

Henry All Weather Lever Action Rifle
45-70 Govt, Specially stained hardwood, Hard Chrome plating finish.
18.43 Barrel, 7.08 pounds

A beautifully finished, rugged guide gun with Henry's legendary service and warranty.
Attached File  Henry4570_1.jpg   737.32KB   26 downloads

45-70 Govt, a caliber with great history and can drop any game in North America.
Attached File  Henry4570_2.jpg   513.7KB   17 downloads

Attached File  Henry4570_3.jpg   680.52KB   14 downloads

Attached File  Henry4570_4.jpg   484.96KB   11 downloads

The hard chrome plating is beautiful and durable offering corrosion resistance.
Attached File  Henry4570_5.jpg   576.9KB   15 downloads

Attached File  Henry4570_6.jpg   691.82KB   13 downloads

Attached File  Henry4570_7.jpg   605KB   17 downloads

With lighting, against the steel pegboard, you can see the dark wood actually has a chocolate hue to it.
Attached File  Henry4570_8.jpg   772.18KB   13 downloads

Very nice! I have been craving a 45/70 Lever Gun lately. I am leaning towards the Marlin 1895sbl.

BTW, to those who don't know, 45/70 is the Destro equivalent of 22LR. :)

#9 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,460 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted October 24 2016 - 09:40 AM

Very nice! I have been craving a 45/70 Lever Gun lately. I am leaning towards the Marlin 1895sbl.

BTW, to those who don't know, 45/70 is the Destro equivalent of 22LR. :)

The Henry is a better rifle, quality and value.

#10 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator

• 6,148 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted October 24 2016 - 10:01 AM

The Henry is a better rifle, quality and value.

i love Henry and have a Goldenboy. But, I don't really like the idea of putting by hand up by the muzzle to put the follower back into a rifle with 45/70 rounds. Put a side loading gate on a Henry and I would buy it in a second.

#11 liseverewx

liseverewx

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,690 posts

Posted October 24 2016 - 10:04 AM

Really nice lever rifle Destro. Henry makes some great stuff!!

#12 CtOldCorps

CtOldCorps

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 631 posts
  • LocationSayville

Posted October 24 2016 - 11:15 AM

Beautiful.
  • Destro likes this

#13 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,460 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted October 24 2016 - 12:15 PM

i love Henry and have a Goldenboy. But, I don't really like the idea of putting by hand up by the muzzle to put the follower back into a rifle with 45/70 rounds. Put a side loading gate on a Henry and I would buy it in a second.

The Henry is a great range gun. I don't like that design for hunting or self defense.

#14 frank57

frank57

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationMaryland Florida

Posted October 24 2016 - 12:47 PM

very nice, love lever actions .I'm after the long ranger, henry makes beautiful rifles
  • Destro likes this

#15 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • LIF Site Moderator

• 6,148 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted October 24 2016 - 12:56 PM

The Henry is a great range gun. I don't like that design for hunting or self defense.

I haven't hunted yet, but I think it would be better for hunting than the range, as you wouldn't need to reload while hunting. At the range, I would be loading the rifle more often. I don't like the idea of sticking my hand up there, near or in front of the muzzle. While, I would on one level "know" there is nothing in the chamber, Rule 1 says ALL guns are loaded. it just seems like a violation of Rules 1 and 2, and I don't want to lose my mortal fear of muzzling anything I am not prepared to destroy, nor do I ever want to think of any rifle as "not loaded". Very bad and dangerous habit IMO.

I agree it is not great for self defense, with the 4 round capacity and slow and awkward loading method.

#16 Destro

Destro

Zombtac Operator

• Donated Member
  • 12,172 posts

Posted October 24 2016 - 01:09 PM

I haven't hunted yet, but I think it would be better for hunting than the range, as you wouldn't need to reload while hunting. At the range, I would be loading the rifle more often. I don't like the idea of sticking my hand up there, near or in front of the muzzle. While, I would on one level "know" there is nothing in the chamber, Rule 1 says ALL guns are loaded. it just seems like a violation of Rules 1 and 2, and I don't want to lose my mortal fear of muzzling anything I am not prepared to destroy, nor do I ever want to think of any rifle as "not loaded". Very bad and dangerous habit IMO.

I agree it is not great for self defense, with the 4 round capacity and slow and awkward loading method.

LOL are we really discussing a 45-70 govt guide gun in terms of self defense? You have Buffalo breaking into your house?

I prefer .416 Rigby for my go-to HD gun. Just in case there's a coked up elephant on the other side of the door. :P

The reason it's a common guide gun is that it's relatively compact and light yet can drop a grizzly with one shot (so 4+1 is perfectly normal for a guide gun in this sizable a calbier). The guide only needs--or has--one shot if his hunters miss and they get in a pickle with an 8 ft brown bear bearing down on them.
  • VolkoSupply and frank57 like this

#17 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator

• 6,148 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted October 24 2016 - 01:16 PM

LOL are we really discussing a 45-70 govt guide gun in terms of self defense? You have Buffalo breaking into your house?

I prefer .416 Rigby for my go-to HD gun. Just in case there's a coked up elephant on the other side of the door. :P

The reason it's a common guide gun is that it's relatively compact and light yet can drop a grizzly with one shot (so 4+1 is perfectly normal for a guide gun in this sizable a calbier). The guide only needs--or has--one shot if his hunters miss and they get in a pickle with an 8 ft brown bear bearing down on them.

LOL! I didn't bring up HD, but yes a 45/70 might be just a bit of overkill, unless you were the intruder. :)

The loading method would still be an issue in other, more HD conducive calibers, like .357/38 or 44 mag., though those hold 10+1 making it a bit less of an issue.

I agree that it makes a great guide gun and good hunting rifle. I just don't want to keep putting my hand by the muzzle, when I load it repeatedly at the range. That said, I will probably end up buying some sort of Henry centerfire lever gun at some point.

#18 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1,640 posts

Posted October 24 2016 - 02:16 PM

It is a bit awkward at first, but it becomes second nature after a while. As far as a safety issue, there isnt really one. Without a round in the chamber, nothing there to go bang.

#19 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator

• 6,148 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted October 24 2016 - 02:46 PM

It is a bit awkward at first, but it becomes second nature after a while. As far as a safety issue, there isnt really one. Without a round in the chamber, nothing there to go bang.

I totally get what you are saying, but again, I don't ever want to start thinking "There's nothing in the chamber". I don't want to muzzle my hand especially at a range where I have been loading and firing. What if I didn't' realize I had one in the chamber?

As I said, I will probably buy one someday, but it would be so much better, IMHO, if Henry would start selling rifles with side loading gates. It is a far superior technology, and would make the choice pretty much a no-brainer over Marlin and Rossi.. I know they have tried to be more true to the design of the original Henry Rifles, but with the exception of the Henry Original Rifle they started making a few years ago, they were never really that close in design to the original ones.

Plus, they are now making these non-traditional (and great looking) All Weather models and are even making Long Ranger lever guns with detachable magazines that shoot .223, .243 and .308. If they can break that far from tradition, why not make some with side loading gates?

#20 CAP1974

CAP1974

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others:
  • 1,747 posts
  • LocationMassapequa

Posted October 24 2016 - 09:25 PM

Beautiful rifle congrats and enjoy. If I were to purchase a new lever action today it would be a Henry. I own five JM marlins form 1990 to 2007 and would not consider purchasing a Remington produced lever action after seeing years of bad products being produced.
  • Destro likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: my, new, henry, all, weather, rifle, pics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users