Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Women on Target event

women on target event

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: , , ,
  • 4,995 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, all the time

Posted September 21 2016 - 07:16 AM

Folks:
Those of you who have been around, for a while, know that, each year, Club LIF (NOT this forum) and SASI have provided a Women on Target event, at Old Bethpage R&P Club, with Steve (the Architect) and Bella (Goddess), doing all the behind the scenes organization, financing and paperwork, while SASI provided the facility access and instructors.
A few days ago, I discovered that Steve had another surgery (for the same issues) and isn't physically up to running another WOT, for this year. With Bella caring for him and three little ones, at home, she can't provide her past services, either. Steve and I discussed having SASI take that over, at least for this year.
Our window of opportunity is small: early October to mid November, if we want to do this, without having to be too concerned about weather and holiday problems.
I need to know, pretty quickly, if there is any interest, for this year. Putting together one of these events, on such short notice, is not going to be easy but, before I try to book the facility and try to get the instructor team to coordinate a date, I need to know we have enough interested people. Also this is not an inexpensive event to run and 100% of the cost will be coming from SASI's treasury, if we do it, unless we get donations.
Please provide some feedback. Thanks.
Gary

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Licence to Quilt

Licence to Quilt

Runs with scissors

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,759 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted September 21 2016 - 08:23 AM

I volunteered last year for WOT, and I do not mind volunteering this year as well. I will be away two weekends in that time frame, so please let me know if and when you have the date firmed up. Good luck!

#3 CaptainMitchell

CaptainMitchell

Problem solver... maker... solver... maker.

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 6,084 posts

Posted September 21 2016 - 10:36 AM

This just keeps getting better.

#4 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

• Club LIF Member
  • 4,995 posts

Posted September 21 2016 - 10:58 AM

I volunteered last year for WOT, and I do not mind volunteering this year as well. I will be away two weekends in that time frame, so please let me know if and when you have the date firmed up. Good luck!

Will do. Thanks.
Gary

This just keeps getting better.

Yes, this web site will not only recover but be better than it was, before the "troubles." It will just take some time and work, on the part of those of us who want to make it work.
Gary

#5 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 6,100 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted September 21 2016 - 12:25 PM

I don't know any women who are interested, but I would be happy to volunteer to help out if you go ahead with the event.

#6 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

• Club LIF Member
  • 4,995 posts

Posted September 21 2016 - 12:57 PM

I don't know any women who are interested, but I would be happy to volunteer to help out if you go ahead with the event.

Thanks. That's appreciated.
We also need to determine if there are enough females, ages 12 and up, who would like to participate, as students, on this short of a notice.
Gary

#7 jrd

jrd

Sharp Shooter!

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member + Classifieds
  • 492 posts

Posted September 21 2016 - 06:06 PM

Hi Gary...how many participants (minimum) would you need to make this worthwhile?

#8 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

• Club LIF Member
  • 4,995 posts

Posted September 22 2016 - 06:27 AM

Hi Gary...how many participants (minimum) would you need to make this worthwhile?

26, minimum and 52, maximum.
Gary

#9 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• Topic Starter
  • LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 10,085 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted October 09 2016 - 11:56 PM

What would they need to have to participate in WOT. Firearms new range outfit matching shoe and shooting glove Coach range bag ext ext. Kidding about the last part.

#10 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

• Club LIF Member
  • 4,995 posts

Posted October 11 2016 - 08:45 AM

What would they need to have to participate in WOT. Firearms new range outfit matching shoe and shooting glove Coach range bag ext ext. Kidding about the last part.

The participants don't need to bring anything, other than their bodies. We supply classroom, guns, ammo, food, soft drinks, shooting glasses, ear plugs, targets and instructors.

Unfortunately, given the time constraints, for the balance of this year, it doesn't look like we'll be able to pull one off. When I checked, with our instructor team, we were not able to get a consensus date, as most had already made other commitments. If Steve (the Architect) and Bella (Goddess) aren't physically up to it, for next year, we should be able to have enough lead time to put one together. The problem is that, if we want to put one together, for the Fall, as is the norm, for the Old Bethpage R&P Club-hosted event, we have to start organizing it, in the late Spring. There just wasn't enough time, this year, to work around Steve's unexpected medical problem.
Gary

#11 Joe K

Joe K

Sharp Shooter!

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member
  • 466 posts
  • LocationHuntington

Posted November 22 2016 - 02:00 PM

Gary,

Put me on your distro list for assistance with this.  I think I've done 3 with you before and I'd be happy to do more.  

I am an instructor and range officer.   Been out of the mix for a bit, but I'm back.

thanks

Joe K

#12 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

• Club LIF Member
  • 4,995 posts

Posted November 23 2016 - 07:52 AM

Gary,

Put me on your distro list for assistance with this.  I think I've done 3 with you before and I'd be happy to do more.  

I am an instructor and range officer.   Been out of the mix for a bit, but I'm back.

thanks

Joe K

Joe:

SASI is planning to do such an event, in the Fall of next year and I will, definitely, keep you posted. SASI will, also, post the advance notice and.sign-up instructions, on this site, among others.

Gary

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: women, on, target, event

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users