Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Camping 2016

camping 2016

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 5,934 posts

Posted September 05 2016 - 12:08 PM

The camping season is almost over (one more trip to PA planned for next month) but we have a great summer of weather and spent 28 nights out and covered a little more than 1,400 miles.

The farthest trip was to Lake Gaston, NC. We stayed at Camp World where the sites were small (took every leveling block I had to get the trailer level) but fun on the lake made up for it. The main attraction in the area is the lake with boating, fishing, jet skis and other water activities abundant.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Most of our time camping was spent at my wife's favorite place, Smith's Point Park. It's close and the proximity to the beach makes it an ideal spot for the grandkids...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

We also spend a few days at Eastern Long Island campground. It was our first time there, my daughter and son-in-law rented one of the campground trailers and had a great time doing some local watersports, visiting the town and campfires every night...

Posted Image
Posted Image
  • gwbahren and whitefoot like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 38 sup

38 sup

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 519 posts
  • Locationkings park

Posted September 05 2016 - 02:32 PM

Good looking family. You must be very proud.
  • 2edgesword likes this

#3 gwbahren

gwbahren

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 767 posts

Posted September 05 2016 - 03:01 PM

When all else is said and done, Great times with the family will be treasured forever.
  • 2edgesword likes this

#4 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 5,934 posts

Posted September 05 2016 - 04:00 PM

Four kids, fifteen grandkids and two great grandkids. I feel very blessed to have had opportunities to make memories with them.
  • gwbahren and xcentrk like this

#5 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 9,674 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted September 05 2016 - 06:10 PM

Wooooh what make those two grandkids greater then the other 15 man talk about picking favorite.

Looks like you had a great time this summer. I do miss our camper.
  • 2edgesword likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: camping, 2016

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users