Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

New Ride - Jeep Cherokee Trail Hawk

jeep cherokee trail hawk

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 PanzerBill

PanzerBill

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 101 posts
  • LocationNew Hyde Park, Nassau County

Posted August 10 2016 - 01:56 PM

Picked up a Trail Hawk in July. Only thing I added to it was a 20" LED trail light and some door tinted ventvisors. Trail light is mounted on the top of the front bumper in front of the hood. It looks sharp.

All I need to know now, is where the trails are! ha.

Attached Files

• FredW56, FSG52570 and boosti like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 19,559 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted August 10 2016 - 04:39 PM

Very nice.

#3 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,335 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted August 10 2016 - 05:19 PM

I would lay off the tint as the police do pull over NY registered vehicles with them and issue a ticket.
Nice SUV... Just remember the turn dial must be in park. Many accidents and deaths reported.
  • NRATC53 likes this

#4 Nordon

Nordon

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6,156 posts
  • LocationEast Northport, not far from Brooklyn

Posted August 10 2016 - 08:58 PM

Sorry, another "cough drop" shaped SUV, I cannot tell the difference anymore. Wouldn't mind having it though.

Edited by Nordon, August 10 2016 - 08:59 PM.

#5 Kevin529

Kevin529

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member
  • 2,862 posts

Posted August 10 2016 - 09:36 PM

Nice. I'm a huge fan of Jeep, enjoy.
  • PanzerBill likes this

#6 PanzerBill

PanzerBill

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 101 posts

Posted August 11 2016 - 07:53 AM

I would lay off the tint as the police do pull over NY registered vehicles with them and issue a ticket.
Nice SUV... Just remember the turn dial must be in park. Many accidents and deaths reported.

That tint is OEM. Law states the back windows can be as dark as you want, the two front windows need to be clear and they are. It's just a shadow.

As for the turn dial, there is none for this car. The dial is for Sport, mud, sand, 4 low etc. It really is a great vehicle. Parks itself too (if you are lazy)! No kidding.

Edited by PanzerBill, August 11 2016 - 08:03 AM.

• boosti likes this

#7 PanzerBill

PanzerBill

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 101 posts

Posted August 11 2016 - 07:58 AM

Sorry, another "cough drop" shaped SUV, I cannot tell the difference anymore. Wouldn't mind having it though.

It's a sub-compact suv. Don't need anything bigger. My wife drives a "mid-size-suv" hahaha. No need for a full size anymore. BUT, the Trail-Hawk is the only vehicle on the market that can keep up with the Wrangler off road STOCK. Check it out on You-tube. It has 4low and locking rear diffs. Car is a beast for its size and it drives smooth and is peppy on the road too. Good trade off for a daily driver. The Wrangler Unlimited was my first choice, but for a daily, it was not a good match for me. This Trail Hawk also has a BOAT LOAD of Tech.

#8 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 7,335 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted August 11 2016 - 09:11 AM

That tint is OEM. Law states the back windows can be as dark as you want, the two front windows need to be clear and they are. It's just a shadow.

As for the turn dial, there is none for this car. The dial is for Sport, mud, sand, 4 low etc. It really is a great vehicle. Parks itself too (if you are lazy)! No kidding.

So many people get the aftermarket tint by dealer that is illegal. Good to hear you don't have the dial gear shift. I have it in my Ram and remind people that use it to apply the parking brake when in park. That would make a good deer hunting vehicle like my Honda CRV. Small enough for tight trails. Best of luck with it.

#9 PanzerBill

PanzerBill

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 101 posts

Posted August 11 2016 - 09:41 AM

Thank you!

Yeah, I don't know how I would deal with the dial or the push buttons. Modern stuff but I like the old shifter. Oh well. I am coming off a 6 speed manual so even the automatic takes some getting used to. I still reach for the clutch when I put car in drive. HA!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users