Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

S.A.F.E. Conference date set - October 9, 2016

safe conference date set october 2016

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 blue steel

blue steel

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,083 posts

Posted August 06 2016 - 06:47 AM

Just got this via the NRA-ILA.....

Please mark your calendar and join the Sportsmen's Association for Firearms Education (S.A.F.E.) for its 2016 Firearm Civil Rights Conference. Here are the details:

Sunday, October 9th, 2016
1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Doors open at 12:00 NOON
UPSKY Long Island Hotel
110 Vanderbilt Motor Parkway, Hauppauge, NY 11788
631-231-1100

Among the invited guest speakers are: Mr. Pete Brownell, First Vice President National Rifle Association America, CEO of Brownells, the world’s largest supplier of gun parts; Ginny Simone, NRA radio show host and investigative reporter; John L. Cushman, S.A.F.E. President and Founder, NRA Board Member, and Member of the Board of Directors of the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association; and Mr. Christian Ragosta, NRA-ILA Grassroots Field Coordinator for New York.Attendees will have the opportunity to learn about Second Amendment issues, both nationally and locally, as well as meet and network with fellow sportsmen concerned about their civil rights and how to protect them. Attendees will also have a chance to win valuable prizes in exclusive drawings. Admission and parking are free, and the event is open to your family and friends.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 BLAMMO

BLAMMO

Lousy Shot

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 15,941 posts
  • LocationTrapped behind enemy lines

Posted August 06 2016 - 07:42 AM

Probably a waste of time but at least I won't miss the Giants game. They play Sunday night that week.

Brownells? Aren't they one of the many online retailers whose Butt puckers when it come to shipping to NY?

#3 BLAMMO

BLAMMO

Lousy Shot

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 15,941 posts
  • LocationTrapped behind enemy lines

Posted August 07 2016 - 09:31 AM

I can't find any other info on this. Not from the NRA-ILA and no mention of it on SAFE's home page.

http://www.nysafe.org/

Man, that web site is like something out of the '90s. Don't they have anybody who can build a more modern site?

#4 NRATC53

NRATC53

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 20,414 posts

Posted August 07 2016 - 10:34 AM

I can't find any other info on this. Not from the NRA-ILA and no mention of it on SAFE's home page.

http://www.nysafe.org/

Man, that web site is like something out of the '90s. Don't they have anybody who can build a more modern site?

Had a new website design ready to implement, haven't gotten to it for many reasons...same reason the conference isn't up there

#5 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 10,212 posts

Posted August 07 2016 - 10:28 PM

Had a new website design ready to implement, haven't gotten to it for many reasons...same reason the conference isn't up there

AAUGGGHH!!!! I thought I had uploaded it!!! ... .give me a day... (dammit, grumble......)
  • NRATC53 and BLAMMO like this

#6 blue steel

blue steel

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,083 posts

Posted September 15 2016 - 05:17 PM

Just a bump, one month to go. Who knows, maybe John Cushman invited someone from the Trumpsters campaign to show up?

#7 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 10,212 posts

Posted September 15 2016 - 06:09 PM

Just a bump, one month to go. Who knows, maybe John Cushman invited someone from the Trumpsters campaign to show up?

Trump has been invited.

#8 blue steel

blue steel

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,083 posts

Posted September 15 2016 - 08:40 PM

Trump has been invited.

Just looked up the Pres Debate schedule. Oct 9 the 2nd debate is in Missouri. Doubt it. Maybe a surrogate like his kid Don Jr ?

http://www.uspreside...ebate-schedule/

Edited by blue steel, September 15 2016 - 08:53 PM.

#9 NRATC53

NRATC53

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 20,414 posts

Posted September 15 2016 - 09:15 PM

Just looked up the Pres Debate schedule. Oct 9 the 2nd debate is in Missouri. Doubt it. Maybe a surrogate like his kid Don Jr ?

He has been invited or to send someone....could be

#10 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 10,212 posts

Posted September 15 2016 - 11:11 PM

I'd rather the daughter came.

#11 Ransom

Ransom

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6,235 posts
  • LocationCuomo's State

Posted September 16 2016 - 11:50 AM

Is Cuomo coming? :popcorn

#12 Adirondack state of mind

Adirondack state of mind

Gun Guru

• 721 posts

Posted September 17 2016 - 09:19 AM

Probably a waste of time but at least I won't miss the Giants game. They play Sunday night that week.

Brownells? Aren't they one of the many online retailers whose Butt puckers when it come to shipping to NY?

I have never had any problems ordering from Brownells and shipping to Suffolk County. Naturally I have never tried ordering something that is not currently permitted to ship. They are a valued supplier and a major supporter of the 2A and our gun rights in general.

No affiliation, other than being a frequent customer....

#13 NRATC53

NRATC53

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 20,414 posts

Posted September 17 2016 - 10:11 AM

So come down and express your concerns to him face to face
  • John L likes this

#14 NRATC53

NRATC53

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 20,414 posts

Posted September 17 2016 - 11:46 AM

Is Cuomo coming? :popcorn

He is invited, has been since he's been in office. What do you think are the chances he's going to show?

#15 Ransom

Ransom

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6,235 posts
  • LocationCuomo's State

Posted September 17 2016 - 12:26 PM

Is Lee Zeldin invited are any of our Politician's coming?

#16 NRATC53

NRATC53

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 20,414 posts

Posted September 17 2016 - 05:11 PM

Is Lee Zeldin invited are any of our Politician's coming?

All politicians are invited, not to speak, but to listen.statewide office aspirants are allowed to speak as are Congressional candidates.

#17 mason852

mason852

Still a David Crockett kid

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 1,651 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted September 17 2016 - 08:27 PM

It will just be more preaching to the choir This state is lost

#18 blue steel

blue steel

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,083 posts

Posted October 06 2016 - 10:19 AM

Another bump.... we need to get as many gunowners out to this Conference this Sunday as possible ! Pass it along to everyone you know.
  • NRATC53 and Parashooter like this

#19 NRATC53

NRATC53

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 20,414 posts

Posted October 06 2016 - 10:35 AM

Another bump.... we need to get as many gunowners out to this Conference this Sunday as possible ! Pass it along to everyone you know.

Absolutely! and on a totally different tangent, we're having drawings where we are giving away a lot of guns and other prizes!

Edited by NRATC53, October 06 2016 - 10:36 AM.

#20 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 10,212 posts

Posted October 06 2016 - 07:38 PM

We've got a bunch of guns and other giveaways - including a nice custom rifle...
  • NRATC53 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: safe, conference, date, set, october, 2016

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users