Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Can anyone help deliver a motorcycle today from NJ to NY?

can anyone help deliver motorcycle today from nj to ny

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ARMan

ARMan

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 729 posts
  • LocationIn a bunker ;)

Posted August 05 2016 - 01:49 PM

Looking for someone with the proper truck and tie-downs to help deliver a motorcycle from NJ (Zipcode 07307) to Long Island (Zip 11590 )

Looking to spend under $100 if possible. Looking to do this today at 5pm or so. Please let me know if you or anyone you know does this service. Ideally it's someone who does this as either a side job or something like that, that knows how to do it. Bike is dry, and dry weight is 430lbs. Can be open air or enclosed delivery.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 CAP1974

CAP1974

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others:
  • 1,747 posts
  • LocationMassapequa

Posted August 05 2016 - 03:50 PM

I have used this company twice
Cycle Tow Pros
Matt
844-292-5386

Its not gonna happen today as its late and it will cost you more then $100.00 but Matt's good and this is all he does for a living.

#3 Steveweck

Steveweck

Sharp Shooter!

• Donated Member
  • 348 posts

Posted August 05 2016 - 06:04 PM

Matt is good. And I'm sure it will cost at least $200. Gas and tolls alone add up and then his time.
Driving in and out of NY on a Friday afternoon though. No gonna happen

#4 blue70chevelle

blue70chevelle

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 500 posts

Posted August 05 2016 - 06:37 PM

You're looking at almost $40 in tolls alone not to mention gas there and back. I don't think anyone that isn't a close friend of yours would take on that challenge for $100.. Sorry

#5 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 10,530 posts

Posted August 05 2016 - 07:12 PM

You're looking at almost $40 in tolls alone not to mention gas there and back. I don't think anyone that isn't a close friend of yours would take on that challenge for $100.. Sorry

Yep.... it'd cost me $100 to drive down & back in my van.... more hauling a trailer. Rent a U-haul for the day and make the run yourself! -

DO Tie the bike in the truck!!! and don't forget braking/acceleration forces... I had a customer show up in riverhead from manhattan once in a big ryder box truck - thought he was fine just putting the bike up on the centerstand. DUH!

The poor bike got beat to shtuff- -must have been flopping around like a fresh-caught fish. everything scratched, dented, cracked.

Told him he probably wasn't smart enough to be riding.
  • NRATC53, VolkoSupply, Mad Russian and 1 other like this

#6 NRATC53

NRATC53

Soon to be Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 20,957 posts

Posted August 05 2016 - 07:16 PM

Agreed. If a Bud did this for me I'd fweel cheap throwing him a C note. Some wouldn't take it, but that's a different kind of balance sheet

#7 the blur

the blur

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 2,788 posts

Posted August 05 2016 - 07:50 PM

I have an enclosed trailer, with e-track. and a driver. But it cost money. Considering I just spent $1000 on maintaining the trailer with tires, brakes, battery, bearings, etc, etc, etc. There is no way this could be anywhere near what you're looking to spend. It's a full day round trip. plus gas tolls, lunch.

I doubt you'll find someone for less than $500 all inclusive of expenses.

#8 eastplayer87

eastplayer87

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 1,721 posts

Posted August 05 2016 - 10:18 PM

Pay for tolls and gas and as long as its registered, insured and runs ill ride it back for you. :crazypilot

#9 phumb

phumb

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others: ,
  • 2,542 posts

Posted August 06 2016 - 06:32 AM

uship

#10 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 10,530 posts

Posted August 06 2016 - 10:28 AM

Looking for someone with the proper truck and tie-downs to help deliver a motorcycle from NJ (Zipcode 07307) to Long Island (Zip 11590 )

Looking to spend under $100 if possible. Looking to do this today at 5pm or so. Please let me know if you or anyone you know does this service. Ideally it's someone who does this as either a side job or something like that, that knows how to do it. Bike is dry, and dry weight is 430lbs. Can be open air or enclosed delivery.

Exactly what bike is it?.... (and do you still need it hauled?) it turns out I MIGHT be running down to Fairlawn, and I think that ZIP is Hoboken? IF it would fit in my van (not a big van...) and things work out I might be able.

#11 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 10,530 posts

Posted August 07 2016 - 11:31 PM

Well, never heard anything so I took the car - $20-some in tolls, $29 in gas... Van would have been a bit more gas, so the loop would have likely cost me $60... 4 hours of my time.... (40/4, $10/hr.)

Anyway, OP is bashing those of us that responded, claiming he got it done for 150 (so, 90 for 4 hours 'labor'... $22.50, would be reasonable)

Like I said, I was making the trip anyway - would have done it for a few bucks for gas, but got no response, other than to be insulted on an American site.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: can, anyone, help, deliver, motorcycle, today, from, nj, to, ny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users