Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

The ATF Is Illegally Hoarding American Gun Owners’ Personal Information

the atf is illegally hoarding american gun owners%e2%80%99 personal information

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 jimmy958

jimmy958

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,499 posts

Posted August 03 2016 - 11:58 AM

"A government report discovered the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)
illegally stockpiles gun owners’ personal information.

The U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO), the go-to federal oversight agency, conducted an
audit of ATF and found it does not remove certain identifiable information, despite the law
explicitly mandating it do so. GAO conducted reviews for four data systems, and concluded at least
two of ATF’s systems violated official protocols."

Read more: http://dailycaller.c...al-information/

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Strat688

Strat688

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 5,474 posts
  • LocationEast Setauket

Posted August 03 2016 - 12:18 PM

Doesn't surprise me
  • Gary_Hungerford, Mad Russian and ontargetguy like this

#3 Brooklynshooter25

Brooklynshooter25

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 450 posts

Posted August 03 2016 - 12:30 PM

All i know is Trump better win this election cause if this ***** gets in its gonna get so bad for gun owners that it will make the safe act look good. Could confiscation be a reality if she gets in? what does everyone think.
  • Mad Russian, Raven242, Drax and 1 other like this

#4 Sport454

Sport454

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 956 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted August 03 2016 - 12:53 PM

All i know is Trump better win this election cause if this ***** gets in its gonna get so bad for gun owners that it will make the safe act look good. Could confiscation be a reality if she gets in? what does everyone think.

Confiscate what????
Maybe the only upside of losing everything in superstorm Sandy. From Freeport, NY, South of Merrick Road.... elevation 5' maybe?
  • Mad Russian and CtOldCorps like this

#5 Rightsholder

Rightsholder

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 713 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted August 03 2016 - 01:16 PM

She would not call it "confiscation" she would call it, and has been calling it "Common Sense solutions" and a "buy back" program like Australia (i.e. I give you $100 dollars and you give me your AR10).
I think we also need to propose "common sense" immigration solutions let them ponder that for a while...
  • Mad Russian likes this

#6 Itsthelaw

Itsthelaw

Gun Guru

• 625 posts
  • LocationQueens

Posted August 03 2016 - 01:30 PM

The 2nd Amendment is under fire and if Clinton is elected she is going to use executive actions to make it worse. There is no question about it. Letting her seat young liberal judges to the Court is going to ruin any chance we have of expanding our freedom for a generation. Yet all I hear are more conservative voters willing to sit idly by and let it happen. Keep holding on to whatever grudge you have against Trump and let Hillary walk away with your freedom.
  • Mad Russian, Raven242, Drax and 4 others like this

#7 mason852

mason852

Still a David Crockett kid

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,726 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted August 03 2016 - 01:31 PM

She would not call it "confiscation" she would call it, and has been calling it "Common Sense solutions" and a "buy back" program like Australia (i.e. I give you $100 dollars and you give me your AR10).
I think we also need to propose "common sense" immigration solutions let them ponder that for a while...

To hell with SCHRILLERY my "common sense solution" is to ban PANTSUITS
  • Mad Russian and Rightsholder like this

#8 rcpilot

rcpilot

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationMastic

Posted August 03 2016 - 02:42 PM

Sometimes I wish they would try confiscation. Bring things to a head. They can debate the meaning of the 2nd amendment all they want but the 5th amendment is pretty unambiguous. Take people's personal property for the "good of the people" and you have to pay market price. No more $50/$100 guy buy backs. Not to mention the SHTF.
  • Mad Russian likes this

#9 mason852

mason852

Still a David Crockett kid

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,726 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted August 03 2016 - 02:58 PM

Sometimes I wish they would try confiscation. Bring things to a head. They can debate the meaning of the 2nd amendment all they want but the 5th amendment is pretty unambiguous. Take people's personal property for the "good of the people" and you have to pay market price. No more $50/$100 guy buy backs. Not to mention the SHTF.

ATF confiscated 2 MKS M14 (semi Auto)weld receivers from me years ago and I did not get Jack for them
Both bought from a well respected gunshop in Nassau who just happened to have the records long after the 3 mo. holding period and gave it up to the ATF like a Saigon hooker

#10 billb42

billb42

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 593 posts
  • Location00000

Posted August 03 2016 - 03:33 PM

Hillary said she will not take our guns? Liar! She will use Executive actions to make it very difficult to to pursue the sport. Ammo will become very expensive and restrictions will abound but you can still keep your single shot 22 short..
  • Mad Russian likes this

#11 Raven242

Raven242

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 544 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted August 03 2016 - 04:34 PM

Gun confiscation is a very real possibility. With out a Warrant . Door to door the PD and National Guard went and took all fire arms by FORCE in Boston and Katrina.
You really think a **** like hillbitch would not order the same , in the name of [ insert any stupid thing here]
First all semi auto goes Weapons of war
The Pump and lever guns. Baby or child killers
Last Bolt action [ why ???????, they are high powered sniper guns]
Anything you purchased that went thru a FFL. will be gone. [ lets say in the last 15/20 years]
  • Mad Russian and Drax like this

#12 BLAMMO

BLAMMO

Lousy Shot

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 16,103 posts
  • LocationTrapped behind enemy lines

Posted August 03 2016 - 05:09 PM

Posted Image
  • Mad Russian, rcpilot and Tracee like this

#13 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 19,559 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted August 03 2016 - 05:45 PM

If Hillary wins our firearms are history!
  • Mad Russian, Drax, LiDad and 1 other like this

#14 Mad Russian

Mad Russian

Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!

• Donated Member
  • 21,967 posts
  • LocationUltimate irony is admiring a foreign President more than your own!

Posted August 03 2016 - 07:02 PM

If Hillary wins our firearms are history!

But first there will be a lot of dead people on both sides, owners and law enforcement officers. Then politicians will crank up the rhetoric to 11 and the nation will descend into a civil war. Those hillbillies ain't gonna go quietly or quickly. The suburbs won't be a cakewalk either. No one will be safe.
I expect that even well guarded politicians won't be safe either. The Posse Comitatus Act will be suspended and then the military will be ordered into the fray against the American people. Many will refuse and then the s#it will really hit the fan...

Edited by Mad Russian, August 03 2016 - 07:03 PM.

• thetreewisemen, CtOldCorps, gwbahren and 4 others like this

#15 gcloss

gcloss

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 665 posts
  • LocationWherever my RV is parked

Posted August 03 2016 - 08:17 PM

I have quite a bit of family that lives in the South. They all tell me if the government attempts confiscation, the South will rise up and there will be a civil war. My cousins and their neighbors are prepared for the long haul, most have one year of food stored, hundreds of gallons of water, private water wells, generators and tons of ammo.
  • Mad Russian, mongo, CtOldCorps and 1 other like this

#16 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 10,518 posts

Posted August 03 2016 - 10:52 PM

And what IS "market price" in a market where it is illegal to buy or sell the product?... $0.

ATF confiscated 2 MKS M14 (semi Auto)weld receivers from me years ago and I did not get Jack for them
Both bought from a well respected gunshop in Nassau who just happened to have the records long after the 3 mo. holding period and gave it up to the ATF like a Saigon hooker

3 month holding period???? FFL's gotta hold records forever - and they get turned over to ATF when the shop closes... FBI is prohibited from keeping NICS information - but I've said many times that 1) who's gonna stop them? and 2) there's ways around that law... (like ATF holding the records maybe...)
  • Mad Russian and Rightsholder like this

#17 grifhunter

grifhunter

Im Back I love LIF

• Club LIF Member
  • 7,613 posts
  • LocationTraffic congestion Exits 43-49

Posted August 03 2016 - 10:53 PM

They arn't stupid. Kicking in doors and taking weapons is not how they will do it They will first ban the sale and transfer of all guns. Nothing new. As gun owners die off, widows will be turning in already owned stuff. May take a generation or two, but it'll get a high percentage out of the public's hands.

Regarding already held weapons, they will choke off ranges and places to shoot with regulations. They will tax and regulate gun shops and smiths until fewer exist, and prices for services go up. As expenses go up for shooting (taxes, insurance requirements, fewer ranges, fewer ammo retailers and manufacturers), people will be priced out so the pleasure of owning a gun. The gun "culture" will die a slow, licensed, regulated, taxed to pieces death. Thats their plan. Death by a thousand cuts.
  • Mad Russian and LiDad like this

#18 Rightsholder

Rightsholder

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 713 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted August 04 2016 - 10:21 AM

I have quite a bit of family that lives in the South. They all tell me if the government attempts confiscation, the South will rise up and there will be a civil war. My cousins and their neighbors are prepared for the long haul, most have one year of food stored, hundreds of gallons of water, private water wells, generators and tons of ammo.

And tho North has tomahawk cruise missiles, loads of intelligence data, bunker buster bombs, lots of infrared, and ten times more in resources and money. Same odds as with the last civil war.... in fact better (or worse if you are from the south).

#19 Rightsholder

Rightsholder

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 713 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted August 04 2016 - 10:24 AM

To hell with SCHRILLERY my "common sense solution" is to ban PANTSUITS

You really wanna see her in a skirt? :suicide :suicide
  • Mad Russian likes this

#20 Mad Russian

Mad Russian

Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!

• Donated Member
  • 21,967 posts
  • LocationUltimate irony is admiring a foreign President more than your own!

Posted August 04 2016 - 10:41 AM

And tho North has tomahawk cruise missiles, loads of intelligence data, bunker buster bombs, lots of infrared, and ten times more in resources and money. Same odds as with the last civil war.... in fact better (or worse if you are from the south).

Having them and using them are two different things...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: the, atf, is, illegally, hoarding, american, gun, owners%e2%80%99, personal, information

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users