Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Benelli M4 922r and NY laws.

benelli m4 922r and ny laws

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lostinthewoods

Lostinthewoods

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 756 posts

Posted July 30 2016 - 09:58 AM

I have a line on a nearly new Benelli M4 at a ridiculous price. I started looking for extended mag tubes and 922r compliance parts. While searching I came across a warning at a vendor for NY buyers that puzzled me. (See below). I do not recall any previous NY law regarding the capacity of imported firearms nore could I find any currently on the books. Is there any merit to this warning at all?

Attention New York buyers :

Please do not confuse New York's assault weapon definition with their SEPARATE stance on enhancing imported firearm capacities !!!
Until New York specifically allows ALL post November 1990 imported shotguns to be have their capacities increased , we must advise against installing any 7 round tube on any Benelli M4 without your state's consent.

None of New York's recent shotgun capacity revisions specifically stated that it had reversed its indifference to 922R allowances regarding increasing import shotgun capacities. It is true that domestic shotguns may once again hold 7rounds in the State of New York. It is our understanding that New York still refuses to acknowledge 922R provisions regarding inclusion of import shotguns in the amended 7 round allowance.

It is our sincere hope that the State of New York will clarify this point, specifically acknowledging 922R allowances permitting imported shotguns to fall lock-step in line with domestic capacities.

New York's recent allowances make owning a 7 round shotgun fixed magazine tube legal. Proper use, installation and implementation of those items on import firearms is the sole responsibility of the end user.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Banzai

Banzai

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 2,193 posts

Posted July 30 2016 - 12:07 PM

Yeah, definitely don't get that M4 even if it's a ridiculous price. In fact, send me over the seller's contact info and I'll personally let him know you don't want it, haha.

Get it. Now. The law is 7. Period.
  • Mr. Shotgun likes this

#3 sigmann45

sigmann45

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 506 posts

Posted July 30 2016 - 12:16 PM

Southshore Guns in Merrick was selling the Benelli M4 with a 7 rd tube a year ago when i was looking for one. Sometimes you can find one with a le only tag on it and buy it even if your not a cop. Once in awhile they come up on gunbroker. com. Check the www.benelliusaforum.com. If you live in NYC you can't have more than 5 rds either way i think.

Edited by sigmann45, July 30 2016 - 12:19 PM.

• Mr. Shotgun likes this

#4 Lostinthewoods

Lostinthewoods

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 756 posts

Posted July 30 2016 - 01:02 PM

Yeah, definitely don't get that M4 even if it's a ridiculous price. In fact, send me over the seller's contact info and I'll personally let him know you don't want it, haha.

Get it. Now. The law is 7. Period.

I agree as far as the current law is concerned there is no NYS issue with the 7 round tube. I was just curious about the mysterious NY law about imported firearm capacities. I think the vendor is misinformed. Either way he had no issues taking my order. :D

#5 sigmann45

sigmann45

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 506 posts

Posted July 30 2016 - 02:43 PM

The vendor did the 922® conversion ?

#6 Mr. Shotgun

Mr. Shotgun

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 1,630 posts
  • LocationBehind Enemy Lines

Posted July 30 2016 - 07:57 PM

Southshore Guns in Merrick was selling the Benelli M4 with a 7 rd tube a year ago when i was looking for one. Sometimes you can find one with a le only tag on it and buy it even if your not a cop. Once in awhile they come up on gunbroker. com. Check the www.benelliusaforum.com. If you live in NYC you can't have more than 5 rds either way i think.

Thats correct on the NYC part. An NYC compliant Benelli M4 shotgun will need to have the standard sporting stock along with the standard 5 round tube.

#7 carguy110

carguy110

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 2,721 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted July 31 2016 - 09:54 AM

Vendor is saying that just because NYS now allows 7 rounds in a semi auto shotgun, doesn't mean you will also be compliant federally.

Get a US made mag tube, mag follower, mag spring, hand guards, and one more item and you'll be 922r compliant.

#8 Mr. Shotgun

Mr. Shotgun

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 1,630 posts
  • LocationBehind Enemy Lines

Posted July 31 2016 - 05:23 PM

Vendor is saying that just because NYS now allows 7 rounds in a semi auto shotgun, doesn't mean you will also be compliant federally.

Get a US made mag tube, mag follower, mag spring, hand guards, and one more item and you'll be 922r compliant.

I don't think the spring qualifies....as an alternative to what you have listed, you could also add a US Made disconnect, trigger, or hammer.

#9 Semperfi

Semperfi

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 195 posts

Posted April 23 2017 - 12:11 AM

I tried to buy the 7 round m4 at DSI he told me I had to be law enforcement agency . Be careful

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: benelli, m4, 922r, and, ny, laws

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users