Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

When's next Utah permit CCW class ?

whens next utah permit ccw class

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Jakef150

Jakef150

Respected Gunowner

• Club LIF Member
  • 272 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted July 26 2016 - 06:17 PM

Friend of mine want to take a class.

Any link or info ?

Thanks

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Foosel

Foosel

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 2,287 posts

Posted July 27 2016 - 10:39 AM

I'lll do one in September. Send me a pm so I can get you on a waiting list.
  • Jakef150 and since2004 like this

#3 phumb

phumb

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • Others: ,
  • 2,542 posts

Posted July 27 2016 - 02:40 PM

Hey Chris, Got mine yesterday(in Dons class @ lab)...thanks!

• Foosel likes this

#4 Jakef150

Jakef150

Respected Gunowner

• Club LIF Member
  • 272 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted July 27 2016 - 02:47 PM

Sent pm

#5 Machria

Machria

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 124 posts
  • LocationSuffolk South Shore

Posted January 14 2017 - 01:45 AM

Huh?  Utah?   Do explain to the UN-educated?

#6 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator

• 10,097 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted January 14 2017 - 08:27 AM

Huh?  Utah?   Do explain to the UN-educated?

It's a nonresident CCW license that is good in a ton of state.

#7 LarryD23

LarryD23

Sharp Shooter!

• 410 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted January 14 2017 - 09:50 AM

I took the Multi-State CCW course from Matt Mallory hosted by Dark Storm a few months ago. They are offering another course on January 28th at DSI:

http://psanded.com/w...tol/multi-state

And don't forget that you need a live fire safety certification for Florida.

#8 thedudes

thedudes

Gun Guru

• 539 posts
  • LocationEastern Suffolk

Posted January 14 2017 - 08:40 PM

I took the Multi-State CCW course from Matt Mallory hosted by Dark Storm a few months ago. They are offering another course on January 28th at DSI:

Did this change. I got mine with a certificate from Utah class instructor, NRA safety class. No live fire needed.

#9 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator

• 10,097 posts

Posted January 14 2017 - 10:24 PM

Im mailing in my New Hampshire nonresident next week.

#10 Machria

Machria

Respected Gunowner

• 124 posts

Posted January 14 2017 - 11:52 PM

It's a nonresident CCW license that is good in a ton of state.

Thanks.  Fantastic!  I just red thru that link, I'll sign up Monday morning....     Wish I knew about all this years ago, I traveled all over the place for work.  Spent some time in some shady area's of the country I would have liked to have a "friend" with me for a piece of mind. 

#11 Machria

Machria

Respected Gunowner

• 124 posts

Posted January 14 2017 - 11:53 PM

Thanks for link.  I'll also look into the "live fire cert". 

#12 LarryD23

LarryD23

Sharp Shooter!

• 410 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted January 15 2017 - 09:33 AM

Did this change. I got mine with a certificate from Utah class instructor, NRA safety class. No live fire needed.

I don't know if it's a change, but here is the relevant section from the Florida Non-Resident Application:

"Florida law requires you to submit proof of competency with a firearm in order to qualify for a concealed weapon license. A copy of a CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION or similar document from any of the following courses or classes is acceptable: • any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission or a similar agency in another state; • any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course; • any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law enforcement agency, junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school, utilizing instructors certified by the National Rifle Association, the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, or the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services; • any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security officers, investigators, special deputies, or any division or subdivision of law enforcement or security enforcement; • any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a state-certified instructor or by an instructor certified by the National Rifle Association."

I used my NRA Basic Pistol certification, but it looks like any course with a live fire component should suffice. As much as constitutional carry appeals to me, it is also appealing to know that the person next to me and my daughter at the range didn't rely on GTA and the Matrix for his safety training.

#13 Machria

Machria

Respected Gunowner

• 124 posts

Posted January 15 2017 - 11:38 AM

As much as constitutional carry appeals to me, it is also appealing to know that the person next to me and my daughter at the range didn't rely on GTA and the Matrix for his safety training.

Aint that the truth!  I think about that al the time at the range.  What really scares me are the "out of towners" (for lack of better term) that come in on a mini-bus to rent rifles for a fun day of shooting.  I see them looking down the barrels when jammed.....!!

#14 Countrylife307

Countrylife307

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 54 posts
  • LocationEast Meadow NY

Posted April 25 2017 - 10:36 PM

anyone know of the next utah class 

#15 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,355 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted April 26 2017 - 11:33 AM

anyone know of the next utah class

If you want to save a trip to Pennsylvania, apply by mail to New Hampshire. You get to carry concealed in Pennsylvania. The next one would be Florida and Connecticut. All done by mail. Utah doesn't give you Pennsylvania or Florida.

#16 Vycor

Vycor

Gun Guru

• 1,851 posts

Posted April 26 2017 - 11:56 AM

I recommend Foosel's course he puts on a very well course and it's fun but buyer beware... after his course your going to want to go to the sig academy :) (inside joke for those who have taken his course lol)

BTW The utah course will not be enough for Florida's license, as there is no live fire. But if you take the NRA basic course which DOES include live fire, you can submit that (and your NY state license) for Florida (not sure if Chris does the NRA anymore... I think he said he wasn't going to because they changed the whole course system now where some of it's online and some is in person)

#17 Vycor

Vycor

Gun Guru

• 1,851 posts

Posted April 26 2017 - 12:00 PM

If you want to save a trip to Pennsylvania, apply by mail to New Hampshire. You get to carry concealed in Pennsylvania. The next one would be Florida and Connecticut. All done by mail. Utah doesn't give you Pennsylvania or Florida.

Thanks for that tip. NH seems even easier as you don't even need to provide a CCW permit in your own state:

"***UPDATE 10/25/16*** Please be advised that due to the New Hampshire Supreme Court opinion Bach v. New Hampshire Department of Safety, ___ N.H. ___ (No. 2014-0721, decided June 2, 2016), Out-of-State Residents applying for a Non-Resident Pistol/Revolver License are NOT required to supply the Resident State License Number on Form DSSP 260 and are NOT required to supply either a copy of a valid concealed carry license issued by the state, county, or town in which they reside OR a letter from their local police department, as described in Saf-C 2102.03© and on the reverse of Form DSSP 260."

#18 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator

• 10,097 posts

Posted April 26 2017 - 01:44 PM

Here's a link to get your NH Non Resident CCW

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: whens, next, utah, permit, ccw, class

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users