Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Police Union Seeks End of 2A

police union seeks end of 2a

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 FatWhiteMan

FatWhiteMan

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 5,083 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted July 18 2016 - 06:21 PM

It's not about trust but about being able to tell the difference between bad guys and open carry law abiding citizens in a shooting situation. Think about it for a moment and you can see his point. The statement he made was irresponsible as to the constitutionality of a ban. As stated earlier there are certain areas firearms are prohibited.

Yes, there are certain areas where firearms may be prohibited. What does that have to do with the idiot asking for them to be banned in areas where there is no legal way to do so?

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 Nordon

Nordon

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6,125 posts

Posted July 19 2016 - 04:28 AM

The "End of the 2A" happened to us a long time ago here in NY.
  • Mad Russian likes this

#23 Itsthelaw

Itsthelaw

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 624 posts
  • LocationQueens

Posted July 19 2016 - 08:56 AM

It's been known for quite some time that heavy protests were scheduled during the GOP convention. Many previous protests have left Trump supporters bloodied and beaten. How many of those videos with a guy chasing a Trump supporter did you see last night? It's not going to happen while there are armed people present. Criminals do not respond to GUN FREE ZONES and there is no such thing as an unarmed person unless they are missing both arms.

#24 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• Topic Starter
  • LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 9,688 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted July 19 2016 - 10:02 AM

I can under his concerns but he worded way wrong. They should have move the RNC Green Zone back an other half mile. But I can see a group of BLM NBP or jihadies using this law to stage a attack after what has happened over the last couple of weeks.
  • FatWhiteMan and Mad Russian like this

#25 FatWhiteMan

FatWhiteMan

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 5,083 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted July 19 2016 - 01:10 PM

I can under his concerns but he worded way wrong. They should have move the RNC Green Zone back an other half mile. But I can see a group of BLM NBP or jihadies using this law to stage a attack after what has happened over the last couple of weeks.

I can't think of any way he could word it and make it legal. They can move a "green zone" a half mile, full mile or 10 miles and it doesn't matter. They may only restrict carry inside the convention center itself, not in public spaces. That is why they wanted the governor to make up a new law and do it anyway, like he can even do that. Kasich pretty much laughed at the moron's request.
  • Mad Russian likes this

#26 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• Topic Starter
  • LIF Site Moderator

• 9,688 posts

Posted July 19 2016 - 02:11 PM

There are rings of security around the conversation center they could easily have expanded one.

#27 FatWhiteMan

FatWhiteMan

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 5,083 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted July 19 2016 - 03:11 PM

There are rings of security around the conversation center they could easily have expanded one.

Under what law? "Ring of security" doesn't exist in Ohio State law.
  • Mad Russian likes this

#28 rubbermittens

rubbermittens

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 3,937 posts

Posted July 19 2016 - 05:27 PM

The "End of the 2A" happened to us a long time ago here in NY.

I know we think that but the reality is, we have no idea what the end of the 2nd amendment really would feel like, and I hope we never do
  • Mad Russian likes this

#29 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator

• 9,688 posts

Posted July 19 2016 - 10:55 PM

Under what law? "Ring of security" doesn't exist in Ohio State law.

It would be set by the governing police department and the secret service they have done it before and do it all the time in NYC when the UN is in session.

#30 firemanvin

firemanvin

Sharp Shooter!

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 453 posts

Posted July 20 2016 - 07:25 AM

There are plenty of places and situations where guns may be restricted and/or prohibited. Even LEOs have to check their weapons when entering certain facilities like jails and courthouses.

They could easily prohibit people from bringing firearms into a certain area of the city, on a temporary basis. There's nothing unconstitutional about it. You don't like it, don't attend the protest, the convention, football game or whatever event is being held. Allowing people to bring guns within the security perimeter of the convention is sheer stupidity.

What is unconstitutional is prohibiting people from bearing arms, universally and permanently, throughout public spaces.

That attitude, mentality, thought process, indifference, or whatever else it can be called, on the part of police unions, police administration, and ultimately the rank-in-file is what has gotten us to this point today in NY. The lines are easily blurred between legitimate temporary restrictions and them being turned into permanent restrictions. All it takes is one big mouth, thug, yahoo union boss to say something like that. The politicians buy into it real fast. The police commissioners love him for it. The rank-in-file only see more $$$ due to an ever greater need for them because they are the only protection game in town, and their the only ones with the guns (other than the bad guys that keep them working overtime).

Edited by firemanvin, July 20 2016 - 07:27 AM.

#31 FatWhiteMan

FatWhiteMan

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 5,083 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted July 20 2016 - 07:59 AM

It would be set by the governing police department and the secret service they have done it before and do it all the time in NYC when the UN is in session.

We do not have governing police departments, thank God! The Secret Service can take over security in the convention center and can control access to the convention center but are limited by state law. New York may accept that nonsense for their UN masters but not in the rest of the country.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: police, union, seeks, end, of, 2a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users