Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Police Union Seeks End of 2A

police union seeks end of 2a

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 FatWhiteMan

FatWhiteMan

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 5,083 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted July 18 2016 - 07:27 AM

POPULAR

http://www.cnn.com/2...ity-open-carry/

"We are sending a letter to Gov. Kasich requesting assistance from him. He could very easily do some kind of executive order or something -- I don't care if it's constitutional or not at this point," Stephen Loomis, president of Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association, told CNN. "They can fight about it after the RNC or they can lift it after the RNC, but I want him to absolutely outlaw open-carry in Cuyahoga County until this RNC is over."

I think this moron needs to study up on basic Civics as well as review his oath.

Law enforcement is under an incredible amount of strain and the vast majority of us support them 100% but letting idiots make statements like this isn't helping anything.
  • NRATC53, Parashooter, Mad Russian and 9 others like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 BLAMMO

BLAMMO

Lousy Shot

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 16,103 posts
  • LocationTrapped behind enemy lines

Posted July 18 2016 - 07:51 AM

There are plenty of places and situations where guns may be restricted and/or prohibited. Even LEOs have to check their weapons when entering certain facilities like jails and courthouses.

They could easily prohibit people from bringing firearms into a certain area of the city, on a temporary basis. There's nothing unconstitutional about it. You don't like it, don't attend the protest, the convention, football game or whatever event is being held. Allowing people to bring guns within the security perimeter of the convention is sheer stupidity.

What is unconstitutional is prohibiting people from bearing arms, universally and permanently, throughout public spaces.
  • Mad Russian, killian, LongIsland Guy and 1 other like this

#3 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1,627 posts

Posted July 18 2016 - 08:00 AM

He doesnt care if its constitutional? FIRE THIS IDIOT IMMEDIATELY
  • Mad Russian, LongIsland Guy and Drax like this

#4 Fourth ID

Fourth ID

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 330 posts
  • LocationMiller Place

Posted July 18 2016 - 08:09 AM

He should just ban the "Bad Guys" from carrying guns.Yeah,that will do it!
  • Mad Russian, raceradam, LongIsland Guy and 1 other like this

#5 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 6,100 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted July 18 2016 - 08:25 AM

POPULAR

There are plenty of places and situations where guns may be restricted and/or prohibited. Even LEOs have to check their weapons when entering certain facilities like jails and courthouses.

They could easily prohibit people from bringing firearms into a certain area of the city, on a temporary basis. There's nothing unconstitutional about it. You don't like it, don't attend the protest, the convention, football game or whatever event is being held. Allowing people to bring guns within the security perimeter of the convention is sheer stupidity.

What is unconstitutional is prohibiting people from bearing arms, universally and permanently, throughout public spaces.

There might be constitutional ways to prevent guns from being carried in certain areas. I think what is so alarming about his statement is "I don't care if it's constitutional or not at this point,"
That attitude is totally out of line for anyone involved with law enforcement or government.
  • NRATC53, BLAMMO, Mad Russian and 6 others like this

#6 Banzai

Banzai

Gun Guru

• 2,191 posts

Posted July 18 2016 - 08:28 AM

If they just pass a law making it illegal to kill other people, everything will be fixed. Oh wait. I'm pretty sure Obama and Shillary both got boners when they heard him say that, like "That's what we've been trying to say without actually saying all along"...watch this halfwit get a cabinet position.
  • psydaddy and Mad Russian like this

#7 NRATC53

NRATC53

Soon to be Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 20,937 posts

Posted July 18 2016 - 08:35 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2...ity-open-carry/

I think this moron needs to study up on basic Civics as well as review his oath.

Law enforcement is under an incredible amount of strain and the vast majority of us support them 100% but letting idiots make statements like this isn't helping anything.

Yeah, and that's in your state...
  • Mad Russian likes this

#8 Mad Russian

Mad Russian

Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!

• Donated Member
  • 21,967 posts
  • LocationUltimate irony is admiring a foreign President more than your own!

Posted July 18 2016 - 08:41 AM

Banning seems to be a solution to everything these days.

Too bad idiocy can't be banned...
  • NRATC53, TJ Ironhorse, warmnfuzzyar and 4 others like this

#9 fenucho

fenucho

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationAdirondaks

Posted July 18 2016 - 08:42 AM

So what he's saying is all of us law abiding gun owners are psycho and can't be trusted.

I wonder how much he contributed to Lying Hilary's campaign?

• Mad Russian likes this

#10 Aquabach

Aquabach

Grand Poobah

• Club LIF Member
  • 21,169 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted July 18 2016 - 08:50 AM

A police union represents police about as much as Obama represents American values
Not very surprising to read about a union pushing a liberal agenda.
  • NRATC53, BLAMMO, Mad Russian and 5 others like this

#11 NRATC53

NRATC53

Soon to be Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 20,937 posts

Posted July 18 2016 - 09:23 AM

A police union represents police about as much as Obama represents American values

Yup, they are right up there with the political hacks we usually find as Police Chiefs and Police Commissioners. Too bad many rank and file follow the union, and are more or less obligated to follow the bosses
  • BLAMMO, Mad Russian and Fourth ID like this

#12 mason852

mason852

Still a David Crockett kid

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,726 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted July 18 2016 - 09:42 AM

I think that truth applies to most unions
  • NRATC53 and Fourth ID like this

#13 Fotheringill

Fotheringill

Gun Guru

• 618 posts

Posted July 18 2016 - 12:06 PM

Forget unions and politicians.

Ban weapons so the only people that may have them are "Law Enforcement" which sounds like an oxymoron to me and is what I am hearing.

#14 iGreg

iGreg

Right-wing Sith

• Donated Member
  • 4,986 posts
  • LocationKings Park

Posted July 18 2016 - 01:32 PM

I guess he wants all anti-cop thugs to carry their weapons concealed.

#15 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 19,559 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted July 18 2016 - 02:42 PM

97% of all union dues goes to the Democrat party.
  • whitefoot likes this

#16 mason852

mason852

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,726 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted July 18 2016 - 02:53 PM

97% of all union dues goes to the Democrat party.

Much of against the will of the dues paying members
  • Mad Russian, whitefoot and Lou G like this

#17 BLAMMO

BLAMMO

Lousy Shot

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 16,103 posts
  • LocationTrapped behind enemy lines

Posted July 18 2016 - 05:46 PM

I changed my mind.

http://nypost.com/20...at-rnc-rallies/

Posted Image

#18 mason852

mason852

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,726 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted July 18 2016 - 06:02 PM

I changed my mind.

http://nypost.com/20...at-rnc-rallies/

Posted Image

If she needs cleaning up I have soap
  • PaulNYC likes this

#19 LongIsland Guy

LongIsland Guy

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 3,329 posts
  • LocationLake Ronk

Posted July 18 2016 - 06:14 PM

So what he's saying is all of us law abiding gun owners are psycho and can't be trusted.

I wonder how much he contributed to Lying Hilary's campaign?

It's not about trust but about being able to tell the difference between bad guys and open carry law abiding citizens in a shooting situation. Think about it for a moment and you can see his point. The statement he made was irresponsible as to the constitutionality of a ban. As stated earlier there are certain areas firearms are prohibited.

#20 FatWhiteMan

FatWhiteMan

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 5,083 posts
  • LocationAppalachia

Posted July 18 2016 - 06:19 PM

Current law already enumerates places where you cannot carry such as courthouses and jails. It also permits the convention center to prohibit them inside their facility as well which they are in fact doing.

What this idiot is advocating is banning the open carry of firearms anywhere in the city and county that the police deem fit. This would include public spaces outside of the convention center as well as where protests are scheduled throughout the city. This is unconstitutional as there is absolutely no state law on the books that would allow this to be done. He admits this and is asking the governor to do so anyway. Moron and oathbreaker.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: police, union, seeks, end, of, 2a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users