Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Got my F-150 Lifted (Pics)

got my 150 lifted pics

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 champ112

champ112

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 89 posts

Posted July 17 2016 - 07:07 AM

If you were an emt in the past don't you think you should change your registration then? FYI nice truck. Put mud terrains on it and it will look even better. Good luck

# Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Topic Starter

Posted A minute ago

#22 Vycor

Vycor

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 1,851 posts

Posted July 17 2016 - 09:36 AM

I like the EMT tags... it's a nice conversation piece when people ask "are you an EMT" and I tell them about my history in the various EMS services. Since there is no start of life, i'm not in violation of any state laws (FYI if you have the star of life symbol you are supposed to have certain equipment on board)

#23 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 7,352 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted July 17 2016 - 02:35 PM

I like the EMT tags... it's a nice conversation piece when people ask "are you an EMT" and I tell them about my history in the various EMS services. Since there is no start of life, i'm not in violation of any state laws (FYI if you have the star of life symbol you are supposed to have certain equipment on board)

The Vollie FD and EMT registration doesn't require any emergency lights. If the vehicle is an emergency vehicle , lights and sirens are allowed. Most LE will extend the courtesy to an EMT.
Being an EMT is an experience, I became an EMT in the PD and met many nice people working EMS.

#24 Vycor

Vycor

Gun Guru

• 1,851 posts

Posted July 17 2016 - 05:27 PM

THat's not entirely correct boosti.

Volunteer FF's and EMT's are allowed a single blue light or 2 (if on the corners). They have to be below a certain lumen as well. They are NOT allowed sirens either. And using the blue lights is a "request for the right of way" but is not enforceable with a ticket should nobody GIVE you the right of away (unlike a police car/fire truck/ambulance in which if responding and you do NOT give them the right of way, you can be ticketed for FAILING TO YIELD to an emergency vehicle)... it should also be noted it's still against the law for a police car/ambulance/fire truck to run a red light... but again, NOBODY is going to ticket someone for that (US postal trucks are only vehicles allowed to do what they want).

Anyway... if you are a CAPTAIN of a volunteer squad, you are then allowed a siren and red lights.

DOes that happen on LI... hell no, lol. Even in NJ you see this. Vollies have a LOT of blue/white lights and for the most part, every LEO will leave them alone. There are a FEW LEO's who will bust chops but for the most part, they all leave them be.

Also having a blue light does not make you an "emergency vehicle" only dualy apointed vehicles by the DMV can be identified as emergency vehicles, and as such, require certain criteria.

Are you still active LEO? Did you keep up your EMT or did you let it lapse? I know a lot of forces require their PO's to go through the EMT course and achieve EMT-Basic, but they don't require them to KEEP it up. So my hats are always off to those of you who continue to keep up the EMT-B status.

It's a tough thing to do, both career wise and volunteer wise (paid and vollies experience the EXACT SAME things). You see some BAD stuff, stuff you can't get rid of nor hope to ever see again.

Back to the registration. FD plates don't require you to be a FF. Someone in your family has to be one. EMT plates DO require that become an EMT and are only appointed to a vehicle(s) in your name. I was an EMT when I got mine, but again, since I had them, they don't ask for them back or require you to re-register for new plates.

What I wish they didn't do was CHARGE the EMT's for plate renewals. FF's don't pay for renewals but EMT's do? I never understood that.

#25 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 7,352 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted July 17 2016 - 05:51 PM

THat's not entirely correct boosti.

Volunteer FF's and EMT's are allowed a single blue light or 2 (if on the corners). They have to be below a certain lumen as well. They are NOT allowed sirens either. And using the blue lights is a "request for the right of way" but is not enforceable with a ticket should nobody GIVE you the right of away (unlike a police car/fire truck/ambulance in which if responding and you do NOT give them the right of way, you can be ticketed for FAILING TO YIELD to an emergency vehicle)... it should also be noted it's still against the law for a police car/ambulance/fire truck to run a red light... but again, NOBODY is going to ticket someone for that (US postal trucks are only vehicles allowed to do what they want).

Anyway... if you are a CAPTAIN of a volunteer squad, you are then allowed a siren and red lights.

DOes that happen on LI... hell no, lol. Even in NJ you see this. Vollies have a LOT of blue/white lights and for the most part, every LEO will leave them alone. There are a FEW LEO's who will bust chops but for the most part, they all leave them be.

Also having a blue light does not make you an "emergency vehicle" only dualy apointed vehicles by the DMV can be identified as emergency vehicles, and as such, require certain criteria.

Are you still active LEO? Did you keep up your EMT or did you let it lapse? I know a lot of forces require their PO's to go through the EMT course and achieve EMT-Basic, but they don't require them to KEEP it up. So my hats are always off to those of you who continue to keep up the EMT-B status.

It's a tough thing to do, both career wise and volunteer wise (paid and vollies experience the EXACT SAME things). You see some BAD stuff, stuff you can't get rid of nor hope to ever see again.

Back to the registration. FD plates don't require you to be a FF. Someone in your family has to be one. EMT plates DO require that become an EMT and are only appointed to a vehicle(s) in your name. I was an EMT when I got mine, but again, since I had them, they don't ask for them back or require you to re-register for new plates.

What I wish they didn't do was CHARGE the EMT's for plate renewals. FF's don't pay for renewals but EMT's do? I never understood that.

I said an EMT or FD registration does not require an emergency light. One Blue light as a Vollie for FD with the signature from the department authorizing the light. We had many vollies in the police academy and the RTC (Instructor's) made it rough on them. Sharing stories of vollies being knuckleheads when they worked patrol dealing with them running lights, blowing through stop signs. I have extended the courtesy to vollies. I let my EMT lapse after leaving the PD. I have no desire to re-take it every 3 years.

#26 Vycor

Vycor

Gun Guru

• 1,851 posts

Posted July 17 2016 - 08:48 PM

Yeah when I took it it was maybe 140 hours i think. Last i heard it was upwards of what 200 hours or more now?

#27 Kevin529

Kevin529

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 2,862 posts

Posted July 17 2016 - 11:49 PM

Nice truck man, enjoy.

#28 mason852

mason852

Still a David Crockett kid

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 1,729 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted July 18 2016 - 09:51 AM

Good looking truck Last week I put a cold air intake on my Dakota and ha an MBRP dual exhaust installed
Now I have a truck that sounds like the Roadrunner I had back when I was a Ute in Brooklyn

#29 Vycor

Vycor

Gun Guru

• 1,851 posts

Posted July 18 2016 - 10:11 AM

Any real performance gains from a cold air intake? I've been thinking of doing one, with the lift I might do one now since I don't get as much HP anymore since I have a lot more weight to throw around. So any little bit will help.

#30 mason852

mason852

Still a David Crockett kid

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,729 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted July 18 2016 - 01:01 PM

Any real performance gains from a cold air intake? I've been thinking of doing one, with the lift I might do one now since I don't get as much HP anymore since I have a lot more weight to throw around. So any little bit will help.

I feel there is but I haven't measured it I also did the exhaust air in/air out so the psyc. attitude from the sound
screams faster so much so my mileage has gone down as my foot has gotten heavier

#31 Camo

Camo

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 895 posts

Posted July 18 2016 - 06:02 PM

Really nice looking truck, nice planning

#32 LongIsland Guy

LongIsland Guy

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 3,329 posts
  • LocationLake Ronk

Posted July 18 2016 - 06:24 PM

Very badass looking....now you need to change the hood (to a Raptor hood)

http://www.addictive...od-graphics.jpg

#33 Vycor

Vycor

Gun Guru

• 1,851 posts

Posted July 18 2016 - 07:30 PM

I've thought about it but the paint job alone will cost as much as the hood, so that's on hold for maybe next year. Now my focus is back on my garden :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: got, my, 150, lifted, pics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users