Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

NRA's "Basic Pistol Course

nras basic pistol course

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 JAMerolle

JAMerolle

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 201 posts

Posted July 05 2016 - 08:00 PM

I was looking to obtain a CT none resident , on the web sight they highlight you need the NRA's "Basic Pistol Course. I was wondering it I can pick up that course here.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 NRATC53

NRATC53

Soon to be Ex NYer

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 20,948 posts

Posted July 05 2016 - 09:00 PM

Basic Pistol Course has just changed to a blended course- You take part online through NRA and you do the physical part with an Instructor or Training Counselor in that discipline. After you pass the online part, you get a PIN that you give to the Instructor. There are NRA Pistol Instructors on here, perhaps one will respond. I am a Training Counselor, but can't fit any more in my schedule right now
  • Grinderdad likes this

#3 JAMerolle

JAMerolle

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 201 posts

Posted July 05 2016 - 09:16 PM

Basic Pistol Course has just changed to a blended course- You take part online through NRA and you do the physical part with an Instructor or Training Counselor in that discipline. After you pass the online part, you get a PIN that you give to the Instructor. There are NRA Pistol Instructors on here, perhaps one will respond. I am a Training Counselor, but can't fit any more in my schedule right now

Thanks for the info , I have the Utah and NY hunting Safety , I guess that will not fit the bill for CT.

#4 Leadwipe

Leadwipe

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 137 posts

Posted January 16 2017 - 08:16 PM

I might be wrong, but the course has to be at least 10hrs of instruction to qualify for Conn. I was able to qualify for my Conn CCW with NRA "Personal Protection Outside the Home" course.

#5 Swstock

Swstock

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1,585 posts

Posted January 16 2017 - 09:48 PM

PM foosel.
  • NRATC53 likes this

#6 DLM

DLM

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 3,192 posts
  • LocationNorth Massapequa

Posted January 17 2017 - 12:38 PM

You can find out who has a course scheduled at this site: http://www.nrainstru...org/search.aspx

#7 JAMerolle

JAMerolle

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 201 posts

Posted March 14 2017 - 06:37 PM

PM foosel.

Foosel does not teach Basic Pistol , are there any other instructors here that I can complete phase 2 of the course?

#8 LarryD23

LarryD23

Sharp Shooter!

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member + Classifieds
  • 404 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted March 14 2017 - 08:16 PM

I took the course from Frank Melloni at http://renaissancefi...nstruction.com/ a few months ago.

The course was well run. I especially enjoyed the marksmanship instruction I received from Frank and Barbara during the live fire part of the class.

#9 JAMerolle

JAMerolle

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 201 posts

Posted March 14 2017 - 09:01 PM

Thanks man, good find.

#10 Swstock

Swstock

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1,585 posts

Posted March 29 2017 - 08:36 PM

Foosel does not teach Basic Pistol , are there any other instructors here that I can complete phase 2 of the course?

He taught me basic pistol.

#11 nlacov

nlacov

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationRidge

Posted April 09 2017 - 06:45 PM

Took the Basic rifle Sat with Frank and Matt, really great guys and great course. Lot's of nice folks there

• Yanke1624 and LarryD23 like this

#12 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 10,096 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted April 10 2017 - 10:19 AM

I Maybe going to gunsite in the summer just waiting to here back from my cousins. What a way to bond with your family. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nras, basic, pistol, course

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users