Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Poll: Voters divided on government role in gun control, access

poll voters divided on government role in gun control access

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 P Martin

P Martin

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1,140 posts
  • LocationMassapequa

Posted June 27 2016 - 08:29 AM

I figured if I post gun related topics it will push the stupid topics( I think you all know which ones} down to the bottom.
With gun policy taking center stage on Capitol Hill in the aftermath of the June 12 mass shooting in Orlando, Americans still remain lukewarm to sweeping gun control compared to the mid-1990s, when public opinion propelled a 10-year assault weapons ban into law.
Fifty percent of voters say that they are concerned that the government will go too far in restricting the rights of citizens to own guns, according to a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, while 47 percent said they were more concerned that authorities would not do enough to regulate access to firearms.
SEE ALSO: Which states have an assault weapons ban?
Posted Image link: http://www.aol.com/a...ccess/21419270/

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 LiDad

LiDad

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 10,011 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst

Posted June 27 2016 - 08:34 AM

I'll second that insofar as I was involved in a very "intense" discussion with a pair of pro 2A people and an anti 2A person this weekend.

#3 BillyBonds

BillyBonds

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 6,827 posts

Posted June 27 2016 - 08:37 AM

Polls cannot be trusted because those who support stricter controls do so based on a belief that is 100% lies. These people really believe that and AR15 is some military grade, high powered, fully automatic, infinite round capacity, killing machine. I have yet to meet a liberal whose opinion wasnt based solely on regurgitated anti-gun propaganda.
  • 2edgesword, Drax, Lou G and 1 other like this

#4 P Martin

P Martin

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 1,140 posts
  • LocationMassapequa

Posted June 27 2016 - 08:39 AM

A little off topic but I yelled at my 72 yr old female cousin for saying she's voting for Hillary because she feels "we need a woman in the white house" I was all over her for that. I think she left the party early because of that. Too bad, her loss
  • 2edgesword, Drax, Yanke1624 and 1 other like this

#5 P Martin

P Martin

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1,140 posts
  • LocationMassapequa

Posted June 27 2016 - 08:41 AM

Polls cannot be trusted because those who support stricter controls do so based on a belief that is 100% lies. These people really believe that and AR15 is some military grade, high powered, fully automatic, infinite round capacity, killing machine. I have yet to meet a liberal whose opinion wasnt based solely on regurgitated anti-gun propaganda.

What I like about this poll is that its main stream media doing it. NBC

#6 LiDad

LiDad

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 10,011 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst

Posted June 27 2016 - 08:45 AM

A little off topic but I yelled at my 72 yr old female cousin for saying she's voting for Hillary because she feels "we need a woman in the white house" I was all over her for that. I think she left the party early because of that. Too bad, her loss

Ive had family de-friend me on FB over this and other political stances. Not backing down.
  • 2edgesword, TJ Ironhorse, sigequinox220 and 2 others like this

#7 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1,644 posts

Posted June 27 2016 - 08:49 AM

Ive had family de-friend me on FB over this and other political stances. Not backing down.

The same has happened to me. Family un friending me. Wow. Obama has done a great job at dividing this country, along with all the other left wing liberals.
  • P Martin and LiDad like this

#8 leftjammer

leftjammer

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 2,392 posts
  • LocationNew Hyde Park

Posted June 27 2016 - 09:22 AM

well at least the family knows how stupid a 72yr old can be.

Really??...
voting for hillary because she has a vagina is the epitome of stupidity.
Im sorry to have to call a family member of yours that word, but that it is what she is
  • P Martin likes this

#9 covertjy

covertjy

Gun Guru

• 3,385 posts
  • LocationThe Free World

Posted June 27 2016 - 09:23 AM

Isn't if funny how people on FB "Unfriend" you for not agreeing with your POV? Too much drama.

#10 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 6,157 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted June 27 2016 - 09:23 AM

Generally, following a mass shooting, there is a brief spike in the support for "reasonable, commonsense gun control".

Then:
1) The Democrats propose all sorts of laws that are neither reasonable nor commonsense and would have done nothing to stop the mass shooting.
2) People start to realize or remember what laws are already on the books.
3) Support for new gun control drops.

#11 LiDad

LiDad

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 10,011 posts
  • LocationLindenhurst

Posted June 27 2016 - 09:30 AM

Isn't if funny how people on FB "Unfriend" you for not agreeing with your POV? Too much drama.

Or, they post something, you reply in disagreement, then they say you're arguing with them!

Lost some people over that too.

#12 cleansweep

cleansweep

Respected Gunowner

• Club LIF Member
  • 255 posts
  • LocationBrookhaven

Posted June 27 2016 - 11:47 AM

The same has happened to me. Family un friending me. Wow. Obama has done a great job at dividing this country, along with all the other left wing liberals.

Family is highly overrated.

#13 sigequinox220

sigequinox220

dislike Cuomo!

• Donated Member
  • 4,995 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted June 27 2016 - 12:57 PM

Generally, following a mass shooting, there is a brief spike in the support for "reasonable, commonsense gun control".

Then:
1) The Democrats propose all sorts of laws that are neither reasonable nor commonsense and would have done nothing to stop the mass shooting.
2) People start to realize or remember what laws are already on the books.
3) Support for new gun control drops.

you forgot "5 million new guns are purchased". this can be sprinkled in as 1a, 2a, 3a...
  • ProGodProGunProLife likes this

#14 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 19,736 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted June 27 2016 - 03:57 PM

Screw Facebook!

#15 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator

• 6,157 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted June 27 2016 - 04:00 PM

you forgot "5 million new guns are purchased". this can be sprinkled in as 1a, 2a, 3a...

Good point! I also forgot "temporary ammo shortage due to panic hoarding".

#16 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator

• 10,157 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted June 27 2016 - 07:57 PM

I would love to just once be able to stand up in front of the chamber and give all those morons a peace of my mind

#17 leftjammer

leftjammer

Gun Guru

• 2,392 posts
  • LocationNew Hyde Park

Posted June 28 2016 - 11:15 AM

I would love to just once be able to stand up in front of the chamber and give all those morons a peace of my mind

you will get the same results if you talked to a brick wall -
neither one will give a poop
  • Yanke1624 likes this

#18 Old Glock guy

Old Glock guy

Respected Gunowner

• 257 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted June 28 2016 - 03:47 PM

Our ruling class capitalizes on every mass shooting, using the compliant media and the ignorant public as "useful idiots" in their constant quest to gradually disarm the populace. They fully realize that they could never ban all guns and have mass confiscations, so they continue to chip away at our rights, attempting to ban classes of guns, creating more prohibited people, making gun purchases more difficult, and so on.

#19 iGreg

iGreg

Right-wing Sith

• Donated Member
  • 5,034 posts
  • LocationKings Park

Posted June 28 2016 - 05:29 PM

The American people have been divided on EVERYTHING since before we declared independence in 1776 to the present day. Nothing new.

What counts is victory. The good guys have 50% and the bad guys have 47% in that poll. The good guys win.

Edited by iGreg, June 28 2016 - 05:29 PM.

#20 Nordon

Nordon

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6,182 posts
  • LocationEast Northport, not far from Brooklyn

Posted June 29 2016 - 04:37 AM

Same with me, some childhood friends, and family in Ireland, screw 'em, who needs them. They blocked me because I gave them FACTS about current gun laws, what an "AR" is / is not. They are such fools, begone to them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: poll, voters, divided, on, government, role, in, gun, control, access

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users