Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

congress is having a sit in right now regarding no fly no buy

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 NRATC53

NRATC53

Soon to be Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 20,731 posts

Posted June 23 2016 - 07:01 AM

I guess he never heard of the Deacons for Defense, or the many other groups of armed Black men who protected their friends and families from violent Democrats who were waging a campaign of terror on the Black community....thereby allowing him the opportunity to run for office....
  • Mad Russian and ProGodProGunProLife like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#42 Short Track Hunter

Short Track Hunter

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 1,083 posts

Posted June 23 2016 - 07:07 AM

This is where you guys loose the election, If you name is on the no-fly list, you have bigger problems than buying a gun. No matter what you think about the integrity of the list, this will cost us the election.
  • Mad Russian likes this

#43 Ransom

Ransom

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6,235 posts
  • LocationCuomo's State

Posted June 23 2016 - 07:34 AM

Dang Obama Hillary did a good Job.. All Leftists were onboard including the Media to turn the story away from a Terrorist attack...I bet the uniformed and Antis don't even remember or realize we were attacked again... I know Obama is so happy this was not another Pressure Cooker.

Edited by Ransom, June 23 2016 - 07:36 AM.

• Mad Russian likes this

#44 leftjammer

leftjammer

Gun Guru

• 2,277 posts
  • LocationNew Hyde Park

Posted June 23 2016 - 09:23 AM

Sit...sit like the DOGS that you all are.
Sit and STFU like a good DOGS!!!

I wish I could stand there in front of them all day and say that. That will REALLY blow up their twit account
  • Mad Russian likes this

#45 Fotheringill

Fotheringill

Gun Guru

• 609 posts

Posted June 23 2016 - 09:23 AM

Are we in Greece or Fukyouostan where people physically attack others in houses of government? That is the next step.

As to a list, no fly or otherwise, it is a watch list. Why are people on a watch list. Either there is probable cause for an arrest or there isn't and they shouldn't be on a list in the first place. Whether the laws are enforced appropriately (constitutionally) or not is the actual question.

Also, please remember, there is a list SOMEWHERE as to the purchase of all firearms for many years, even if we are told records were destroyed.
  • Mad Russian likes this

#46 winston

winston

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 3,053 posts

Posted June 23 2016 - 10:10 AM

I think what would really get my attention is if these "people" would hold hands in a straight line and walk into the ocean or another thought is hold hands and jump off the roof of the white hut yelling it was the guns. That would get my attention. it really would
  • Mad Russian likes this

#47 angelonm

angelonm

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,782 posts

Posted June 23 2016 - 10:54 AM

I don't want anyone who is suspected of being a terrorist buying weapons so easily. How do you go about that???? Yes, I know they should be deported or locked up somewhere. And I know they can buy weapons on the street. and I know they will kill you no matter how they get the weapon. But I have a problem with a suspected terrorist buying a weapon with FBI approval.

One of the problems with the no fly list is......
The govt. doesn't want to reveal who is on it and why.....So any one of us could be on the list. And we would not know until we decided to fly. So if anyone can be on the list for a reason that the govt. does not want to reveal.... Well do you see where that is going.
About 6 years ago a coworker and myself are flying across country. I booked the flights and when I went to check in the night before it would not let me check him in. Indicated "check in at counter". We get to the airport and he goes to counter. Agent asks for ID and starts asking him questions. Being a bit puzzled he asks what this is about. She is a bit evasive and finally he shows her his shield and ID.
Now I am paraphrasing a bit. She goes on a bit of a rant and says. "Even you guys. Oh this is getting to be too much. Why does this keep happening?" She goes on to say he is on the no fly list. She prints out some documents so he can get a redress number. We travel and on the way back he shows paperwork she gave him so we have no issues going back.
I know this is a bit winded but after he investigates it turns out that some IRA radical has the same name so they put everyone with same name on no fly list and I guess expected everyone who wasn't the guy they were trying to prevent from flying to fix their own issues.
When does it become the discretion of some bureaucrat or clerk to decide who is on list or off list???? So from no fly lists to no buy lists to no freedom lists... well you get the idea.
BTW it took him almost 4 years to completely correct the problem.

Edited by angelonm, June 23 2016 - 10:56 AM.

• Raven242 and ProGodProGunProLife like this

#48 Lostinthewoods

Lostinthewoods

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 756 posts

Posted June 23 2016 - 11:11 AM

I find the willngness of so many here to relinquish their rights of due process more worrisome than our elected officials desire to take those rights away. We are all stewards of this republic as set forth by the founding fathers. As such it is our duty to hold our elected officials accountable to their sworn responsibility of upholding the constitution. Do not give up what was so hard won unless you are willing to pay the price of the continual erosion of our most basic and inalienable rights. The cost to win back those rights will be more than most are willing to pay. Do not sell out the liberty of future generations of Americans for a false sense of security today. Understand fully the ramifications of these illegal and unconstitutional lists and actions before you support them.

III
  • Mossy930spx and Fotheringill like this

#49 smithwc6

smithwc6

Respected Gunowner

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 235 posts
  • LocationPatchogue, NY

Posted June 23 2016 - 11:20 AM

I don't want anyone who is suspected of being a terrorist buying weapons so easily. How do you go about that???? Yes, I know they should be deported or locked up somewhere. And I know they can buy weapons on the street. and I know they will kill you no matter how they get the weapon. But I have a problem with a suspected terrorist buying a weapon with FBI approval.

Interesting you would support a list that the ACLU finds flawed and illeagle

#50 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 6,007 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted June 23 2016 - 11:25 AM

1) A few years ago DHS put out a report essentially saying the Conservatives, Constitutionalists, gun owners, etc. were a bigger terror threat than Islamists. Guess what type of people they would love to add to their lists?

2) Does it really matter if a terrorist gets his guns "easily" or goes through a little hassle to get it illegally?

3) Do you really want to trash due process and totally undermine the rule of law, so you will "feel" better knowing that the next terrorist didn't have "FBI approval" for the gun he uses to kill Americans?
  • angelonm likes this

#51 len349

len349

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1,299 posts
  • LocationNassau county

Posted June 23 2016 - 11:30 AM

let them sit there. and by the way, while they're not working, how about suspending their salaries and benefits. that's enough to get any politician off his Butt.

Everyone on both sides of the aisle seems to agree that what they want is unconstitutional. you can't take away anyone's rights without due process, and by the way if Rep. Lewis could get his own people to stop shooting each other, the stats on gun violence would go down enormously.
  • mrprovy and ProGodProGunProLife like this

#52 CJ

CJ

SUPER STAR

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 5,447 posts
  • LocationTampa/Nassau

Posted June 23 2016 - 12:35 PM

Just heard they gave up and the "sit in'" is over.

Talk about commitment! LOL!
  • ProGodProGunProLife likes this

#53 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator

• 6,007 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted June 23 2016 - 12:52 PM

Just heard they gave up and the "sit in'" is over.

Talk about commitment! LOL!

Sit ins are especially grueling and painful for Democrats as they are sitting on their brains.
  • CJ, leftjammer and MikeM like this

#54 mikeyravioli

mikeyravioli

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,123 posts
  • LocationIn the bathroom. I poop a lot

Posted June 23 2016 - 01:11 PM

Does anyone remember things like "innocent until proven guilty" or "the right to a fair and speedy trial" or "to be judged by a jury of your peers" or the "right to face your accuser in court"? You know - liberty, due process. Things our country was founded on. Things found in the Constitution. This violates at least 3 amendments I can think of just off the top of my head.

A secret government list that denies certain people rights. What could go wrong there? There is no solid criteria to be put on the list and no defined path to appeal or get off the list. Your name on the list is strictly at the discretion of the people who keep the list.

No one wants guns in the hands of terrorists but everyone is focusing on the wrong word in that sentence. Its not the guns we should be worrying about - its the terrorists.

The very same people introducing this legislation to arbitrarily strip you of your rights are the very same people welcoming hundreds of thousands of unscreened refugees from the same part of the world that promotes this terrorist ideology into our country to settle in next door to us. But forget it if you want to buy a gun to defend yourself.

If the names on this list are such a danger how about we arrest them for conspiracy to commit a terrorist act if they are citizens and deport them if they are not. Give them their day in court and if they are found guilty deal with them accordingly. A felony conviction means they will not be able to pass a background check in the future.

If this guy in Orlando or the couple in California did not have access to guns and blocked all the exits and set the building on fire or drove a car loaded with an IED into the building we would be focused on the terrorist aspect or the hate crime aspect but he used a gun so lets forget about everything else and worry about guns.

And by the way - in neither instance was anyone on the no fly list so again how would this have stopped anything?
  • Raven242, Fotheringill and ProGodProGunProLife like this

#55 ironshaolin

ironshaolin

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 1,111 posts

Posted June 23 2016 - 01:53 PM

Agree with some, I would not want to see a suspected terrorist able to purchase weapons. But in this country, we are supposed to remain innocent until proven guilty. I know that if the police are investigating you for a murder or something, but they haven't gathered enough evidence for an arrest yet, they can tell you not to leave town. But if they're going to go along with this, they would first need to show how someone gets on a list, why they're on the list, and have reasonable evidence for restricting gun ownership. Saying, well this person visited a website about militias, so that means they are anti-government and potentially a home grown terrorist, so we won't let them have a gun is totally draconian. Or maybe you post something saying, God I really hate Obama, he's ruining the country. So they suspect you of assassination attempts and put you on the list. If they're gonna do that, they better be able to prove the person is a legitimate threat.

#56 Mossy930spx

Mossy930spx

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6,902 posts

Posted June 23 2016 - 01:57 PM

The only constitutional way to be put on a list is to be placed on after found guilty of a jury of your peers.

Anything less is tyranny

#57 Fotheringill

Fotheringill

Gun Guru

• 609 posts

Posted June 23 2016 - 02:11 PM

Agree with some, I would not want to see a suspected terrorist able to purchase weapons. But in this country, we are supposed to remain innocent until proven guilty. I know that if the police are investigating you for a murder or something, but they haven't gathered enough evidence for an arrest yet, they can tell you not to leave town. But if they're going to go along with this, they would first need to show how someone gets on a list, why they're on the list, and have reasonable evidence for restricting gun ownership. Saying, well this person visited a website about militias, so that means they are anti-government and potentially a home grown terrorist, so we won't let them have a gun is totally draconian. Or maybe you post something saying, God I really hate Obama, he's ruining the country. So they suspect you of assassination attempts and put you on the list. If they're gonna do that, they better be able to prove the person is a legitimate threat.

"... they can tell you not to leave town...."

Perhaps you might be mistaken.

#58 Postal Bob

Postal Bob

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 4,033 posts

Posted June 23 2016 - 02:50 PM

Next time, they should try holding their breath until they get their way. That'll really get everyone's attention, as we watch them turn blue and then pass out. Then sweep them out with the trash.

#59 angelonm

angelonm

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1,782 posts

Posted June 23 2016 - 10:54 PM

1) A few years ago DHS put out a report essentially saying the Conservatives, Constitutionalists, gun owners, etc. were a bigger terror threat than Islamists. Guess what type of people they would love to add to their lists?

2) Does it really matter if a terrorist gets his guns "easily" or goes through a little hassle to get it illegally?

3) Do you really want to trash due process and totally undermine the rule of law, so you will "feel" better knowing that the next terrorist didn't have "FBI approval" for the gun he uses to kill Americans?

I agree with number 2. Doesn't matter how hard you make it. Terrorists didn't have pilots licenses either.

#60 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator

• 9,688 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted June 24 2016 - 03:46 AM

Next time, they should try holding their breath until they get their way. That'll really get everyone's attention, as we watch them turn blue and then pass out. Then sweep them out with the trash.

That may very well end global warming. 30min without the hot air that they blow could save the world. Not to mention the sharp drop in methane production from the BS that didn't comes out their mouths.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users