Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

New wheels on 2015 Nissan Xterra PRO4X

new wheels on 2015 nissan xterra pro4x

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Shotgun

Mr. Shotgun

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 1,630 posts
  • LocationBehind Enemy Lines

Posted June 19 2016 - 09:34 AM

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share my other hobby, which is customizing my cars. Here is my 2015 Xterra. I plan to do modifications to it gradually

Posted Image
The wheels are 16X8 vs the stock 16x7....but the weights are about identical
Posted Image
The tires also get pushed to the edge of the fender which is a look I like. For the time being I reused the stock tires, which only have 3500 miles on them.
Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Barnslayer and Chief Brody like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 19,569 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted June 19 2016 - 02:00 PM

Looks good.

#3 CAP1974

CAP1974

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • Others:
  • 1,747 posts
  • LocationMassapequa

Posted June 19 2016 - 02:45 PM

The tires look great!

#4 Mr. Shotgun

Mr. Shotgun

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 1,630 posts

Posted June 19 2016 - 03:11 PM

The tires look great!

Thanks! On the install I flipped the stock (32" diameter) tires around so that the whitewall lettering could be on the inside for a cleaner look. I plan to upgrade to 33" diameter, 285/75R16 size BFG all-terrain KO2's in the near future, but I need to figure out a quick fix for speedometer/tachometer error before I do this. I'm in no rush though

#5 Barnslayer

Barnslayer

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationPort Washington

Posted June 19 2016 - 05:06 PM

Looks good! Too bad they discontinued the Xterra. Not much left in that class that doesn't look like a crossover.

Which brand wheels you using now?

BFG KO2 is rated really well. Some sizes get kinda heavy compared to other brands (GY Duratrac, Cooper AT3 and ATW, Firestone A/T).

#6 Mr. Shotgun

Mr. Shotgun

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 1,630 posts

Posted June 19 2016 - 05:18 PM

Looks good! Too bad they discontinued the Xterra. Not much left in that class that doesn't look like a crossover.

Which brand wheels you using now?

BFG KO2 is rated really well. Some sizes get kinda heavy compared to other brands (GY Duratrac, Cooper AT3 and ATW, Firestone A/T).

Thank you! I knew the Xterra was getting discontinued so I jumped on it. Originally my first choice was to get the Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro, but at $42K before taxes, accessories etc. it was way out of my price range. The Xterra was $10K cheaper and more within reach. Either way I am very happy with my purchase.

The wheels are made my "Level 8" - it's the MK6 model. I got them online from discount tire direct for $125/ea with free shipping + an additional $50 off for ordering online. I honestly didn't want to break the bank and buy expensive wheels that would get stolen from my driveway, but at the same time wanted wheels that looked good to me. Either way, the wheel is a knock off of the Japanese made Rays Engineering - Volk Racing TE37 track wheel which a lot of Japanese sports cars use for competition.

Tire weight is also a concern for me. I need to really pick something that wont hum too loud on the highway, but still be able to grip when I go off road.
  • Barnslayer likes this

#7 Barnslayer

Barnslayer

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationPort Washington

Posted June 19 2016 - 05:39 PM

I just missed out on the last run of Xterras. I test drove the 4Runner TRD Pro. I know they're rated well and resell strong but the looks didn't do anything for me (and pricey too!). I ended up with a base level Wrangler 4 door. The stock tires are mediocre so I'm shopping wheels/tires too. Trying to keep the weight down as well. OEM for me is around 61 pounds per corner. American Racing makes the AR23 that's only 23 pounds in 17x8 (but backordered 60+ days).

The Level 8's are a good choice too. Those wheels are probably somewhere around 20 pounds?

How about using locking lug nuts?

#8 Mr. Shotgun

Mr. Shotgun

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 1,630 posts

Posted June 19 2016 - 06:20 PM

I just missed out on the last run of Xterras. I test drove the 4Runner TRD Pro. I know they're rated well and resell strong but the looks didn't do anything for me (and pricey too!). I ended up with a base level Wrangler 4 door. The stock tires are mediocre so I'm shopping wheels/tires too. Trying to keep the weight down as well. OEM for me is around 61 pounds per corner. American Racing makes the AR23 that's only 23 pounds in 17x8 (but backordered 60+ days).

The Level 8's are a good choice too. Those wheels are probably somewhere around 20 pounds?

How about using locking lug nuts?

I never got a chance to test drive the 4Runner TRD Pro. Maybe I should have for the fun of it, but I knew it was 10K out of budget so I didnt want to waste my time or the dealerships time. I've always liked the look of the 2nd gen Xterra. Even as outdated as the body is, it still looks good to me.

I also was considering the Jeep Wrangler, but to get something nicely equipped I'd have to fork over 40K+ which wasn't happening.

The Level 8 MK6 in 16X8 weighs like 22-23 pounds each....pretty much equivalent to the OEM 16X7 wheels. As for wheel locks I'll have to shop around, but for the time being the truck is my toy...I really dont leave it parked anywhere which might sound extreme, but I highly doubt the Xterra is a highly stolen vehicle.
  • Barnslayer likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new, wheels, on, 2015, nissan, xterra, pro4x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users