Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Platinum firearms

platinum firearms

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 FDEMTNYC

FDEMTNYC

Sharp Shooter!

• Club LIF Member
  • 389 posts
  • LocationBethpage

Posted June 01 2016 - 06:17 PM

I saw somebody post about this a while back. It's either in, or by Platinum VW in Hicksville. Anybody been in there, is it a store with merchandise, or just an FFL service?

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Synner

Synner

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 65 posts
  • LocationHicksville

Posted June 01 2016 - 10:46 PM

It's in the dealership. As far as I can tell it's an FFL service and not a store but I have no personal experience.

#3 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 3,970 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted June 02 2016 - 07:22 AM

My bet is that the manager there is a fellow enthusiast. Too bad my son got his GTI in Amityville...

#4 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,335 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted June 02 2016 - 07:44 AM

I did hear that the owner was a gun enthusiast and has an FFL.

#5 Mad Russian

Mad Russian

Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 21,967 posts
  • LocationUltimate irony is admiring a foreign President more than your own!

Posted June 02 2016 - 08:30 AM

Interesting!

#6 FDEMTNYC

FDEMTNYC

Sharp Shooter!

• Club LIF Member
  • 389 posts
  • LocationBethpage

Posted June 02 2016 - 08:36 AM

It's like a 5 minute drive from where I live.....I also drive a VW. Lol
  • DonTreadOnMe likes this

#7 paultm

paultm

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted June 02 2016 - 11:40 AM

Nice people to deal with.I was there a while back doing a transfer and they had some stock on a few handguns but not a show room like some of the other LGS.Not sure if it has changed as it has been awhile.They are inside the VW dealership

#8 bberetta1

bberetta1

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 3,124 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted June 02 2016 - 03:19 PM

Wonder what they charge for transfers?

#9 Blade21

Blade21

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted June 02 2016 - 05:30 PM

Wonder what they charge for transfers?

If you call and find out let us know! Thats about 15 min away from me w no traffic

#10 Gkguyli

Gkguyli

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationHicksville NY

Posted January 23 2017 - 06:42 PM

Platinum Firearms is a great little gun shop. They are a full-service Firearms dealer. They sell pistols and long guns. They work by appointment. They can get you any gun you want at a substantially discounted price. They deal with over 50 distributors in the country. All of the owners are very friendly and knowledgeable. They do handgun and long gun transfers as well. They cater to law enforcement as well at discounted prices. If there is a specific gun you are looking for and are having trouble finding it, they will get it for you in a matter of days.

#11 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,335 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 23 2017 - 06:59 PM

Platinum Firearms is a great little gun shop. They are a full-service Firearms dealer. They sell pistols and long guns. They work by appointment. They can get you any gun you want at a substantially discounted price. They deal with over 50 distributors in the country. All of the owners are very friendly and knowledgeable. They do handgun and long gun transfers as well. They cater to law enforcement as well at discounted prices. If there is a specific gun you are looking for and are having trouble finding it, they will get it for you in a matter of days.

Platinum should introduce themselves on LIF. Seems like many people would shop there since it's close.

#12 bberetta1

bberetta1

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 3,124 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted January 23 2017 - 09:25 PM

Do you have any transfer prices? Contact info?

#13 joey52685

joey52685

Sharp Shooter!

• 643 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted January 24 2017 - 09:15 AM

Do you have any transfer prices? Contact info?

I emailed the owner not too long ago.  He got back to me right away and answered all my questions.  He said they do have some guns in stock, but you need to make an appointment. 

John at platinumguns dot com

#14 set2374

set2374

Sharp Shooter!

• 455 posts
  • LocationEast Rockaway

Posted January 24 2017 - 01:56 PM

Never heard of them before, but they have a website:    http://www.platinumguns.com  It would be great to have a local option that offers real discounts.  I would like to support B&M more than I do, but so many LGS's on the island seem to take advantage.   I went to look at a used rifle last week and the lgs was only knocking $50 off the MSRP for a new rifle--and this was a bolt gun that's been on the market for a few years and isn't unique or hard to find new.   

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: platinum, firearms

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users