Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

RSO Course Non-club members

rso course non club members

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
89 replies to this topic

#81 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 6,388 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted August 08 2016 - 10:18 AM

It was yet another successful event!

Thanks Steve for promoting NRA programs that will further help support the 2A!
  • NRATC53 and gwbahren like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#82 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 9,230 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted August 08 2016 - 11:02 AM

One last Thank You goes to everyone that attended and that for the diligent use of antiperspirant deodorant. We all thank you.
  • Swstock, gwbahren and rlitman like this

#83 rlitman

rlitman

Gun Guru

• 1,889 posts
  • LocationBellmore

Posted August 08 2016 - 12:52 PM

Everyone check the nrainstructors site. My stuff was uploaded already.

Thanks! Just checked (I was planning on waiting until Wednesday unless I heard earlier), and yep, it's there!

#84 BowhuntNY

BowhuntNY

Respected Gunowner

• 141 posts
  • LocationKings Park

Posted August 08 2016 - 09:26 PM

I'd love to get in on an NRA instructor training course. I've been trying for a long, long time. I've asked around here before and I've asked Gary a few times. Nobody seems to ever know when one is given around here, how to sign up (besides the NRA webpage). I've helped Gary with Scout merit badge events at Old Bethpage, I've helped with Women on Target and the only certs I have are NYSDEC SEP instructor. I'm trying to get in on this RSO certification and instructor certification.

I didn't bother with this course because I knew I'd be away on vacation (just came home Saturday).

Keep me in the loop please.

#85 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 6,388 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted August 08 2016 - 10:02 PM

I'd love to get in on an NRA instructor training course. I've been trying for a long, long time. I've asked around here before and I've asked Gary a few times. Nobody seems to ever know when one is given around here, how to sign up (besides the NRA webpage). I've helped Gary with Scout merit badge events at Old Bethpage, I've helped with Women on Target and the only certs I have are NYSDEC SEP instructor. I'm trying to get in on this RSO certification and instructor certification.

I didn't bother with this course because I knew I'd be away on vacation (just came home Saturday).

Keep me in the loop please.

Steve did come through with the RSO course. I believe he will offer an NRA instructor course soon. When these courses are offered, definitely jump on the opportunity.
  • Swstock and BowhuntNY like this

#86 BowhuntNY

BowhuntNY

Respected Gunowner

• 141 posts
  • LocationKings Park

Posted September 01 2016 - 07:48 PM

I will thanks!

#87 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 6,388 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted September 01 2016 - 08:43 PM

I will thanks!

Many people are always looking for a hunters safety course. It would be a great way to get more people interested in the outdoors!

#88 BowhuntNY

BowhuntNY

Respected Gunowner

• 141 posts
  • LocationKings Park

Posted September 05 2016 - 10:00 PM

There are a lot of courses taught on LI all year, especially at this time of year. I alone have four coming up, two in September and two in October. Plus I just did a bow class Friday night.

I guess I should have thought of this page when I posted links all over. My courses filled up in less than 8 days. Too many people wait until the last minute to learn firearm safety and responsibility.

#89 jpcool

jpcool

Sharp Shooter!

• 538 posts
  • LocationEast Islip

Posted September 06 2016 - 06:18 AM

Anyone know of bow hunting class coming up soon. I just missed registration for Smithpoint Archery.

#90 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 9,230 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted September 06 2016 - 12:36 PM

Reply here if you know of a bowhunter class

http://www.longislan...e/#entry1968297

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rso, course, non, club, members

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users