Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Recomendation for an Off-Road Company for a 6" Lift

recomendation for an off road company lift

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Vycor

Vycor

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 1,851 posts

Posted May 21 2016 - 08:04 PM

Anybody have any recommendations on local companies (here on Long Island) that can do a truck lift? Looking for a 6" lift and want to take it to a shop that specializes in truck lifts

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 10,096 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted May 21 2016 - 08:15 PM

What type of vehicle and for what use.
It would be helpful cause some shops are good for jeep other trucks some for show with alittle go and other for hardcover off-roading.

#3 mickeyblueyes

mickeyblueyes

Listen up,I don't dial 911.

• 3,589 posts
  • LocationMany miles from Uranis

Posted May 21 2016 - 08:54 PM

Your going to get hosed on LI ,go else where or do it with friends. Go 4 or 5 hours upstate where people actual work with out trying to make $10,000 a day.
  • Ransom, myexcursion, mrprovy and 2 others like this

#4 Attackcammel

Attackcammel

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted May 21 2016 - 09:27 PM

I do 99% of my own work on my jeep but any regearing I get done by Leo over at Tnt conversions in Bohemia I believe over off of ocean ave. He always has at least 2 trucks in there getting lifts put in.
  • beachbumm and 1911guy like this

#5 Attackcammel

Attackcammel

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted May 21 2016 - 09:30 PM

I do 99% of my own work on my jeep but any regearing I get done by Leo over at Tnt conversions in Bohemia I believe over off of ocean ave. He always has at least 2 trucks in there getting lifts put in.

Sorry I think it's Tnt monster truck in ronkonkoma
http://tntmonstertruck.com/

#6 Vycor

Vycor

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 1,851 posts

Posted May 21 2016 - 09:54 PM

I have a 2015 Ford F-150. I started up an off-road lighting company so I need my truck to be something people see and remember. Right now it looks cool with the lights, but no "wow factor" followed a nice looking lifted F-150 the other day. Nothing done to it but the lift/tires/wheels and it looked nice.

I don't plan to do off-roading so (for those who know this industry) I'm looking to do a 6" lift, Fuel Vapor 20" wheels and Nitto Terra Grappler tires since this is my daily driver.

#7 Vycor

Vycor

Gun Guru

• 1,851 posts

Posted May 21 2016 - 10:00 PM

Thanks Attack.. I emailed them for a price.

#8 O1SalsaX

O1SalsaX

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,377 posts

Posted May 21 2016 - 10:14 PM

Lmfao an 'offroad company on long island'..
Bwhahahahahahaha
  • Mad Russian likes this

#9 NRATC53

NRATC53

Soon to be Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 20,948 posts

Posted May 22 2016 - 05:57 AM

Lmfao an 'offroad company on long island'..
Bwhahahahahahaha

Way back when we used to do a lot of conversions/lifts etc. Putting 400CID Small blocks with Jeep running gear in Chevy LUV trucks, 6" lifts, all that stuff. There are a lot of off road shops on LI, Used to be a lot more. Many do it for beach running, some for mudding etc. (there are opportunities here but few). I had a 6" lift on my '77 Chevy, did it myself with no issue.A friend had a 4" lift put in her new Jeep at the Truck Shop in Sayville, they did a good job

Edited by NRATC53, May 22 2016 - 05:58 AM.

#10 Aquabach

Aquabach

Grand Poobah

• Club LIF Member
  • 21,169 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted May 22 2016 - 07:25 AM

Your going to get hosed on LI ,go else where or do it with friends. Go 4 or 5 hours upstate where people actual work with out trying to make $10,000 a day.

True. But remember, part of that $10,000 a day they are trying to make ( I know, it's ridiculous) is to pay the insane taxes they have to pay.

#11 O1SalsaX

O1SalsaX

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,377 posts

Posted May 22 2016 - 07:54 AM

Yes. There are a few reputable places on the island, however, I doubt they'd put a lift on a brand new F150 for mall crawler status.
Goonies garage does work on mainly jeeps with lifts, lockers, skids, etc..
Evan (formerly of Westbury Goodyear) only really works on jeeps over in West Babylon.

If it's going to void warranty, just do it yourself.
Or find a place that also sells tires since the stock ones will look silly with a lift.
Maybe you can get a package deal for tires and a lift from one of the mall crawler installers.

#12 mrprovy

mrprovy

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,361 posts
  • LocationSelden

Posted May 22 2016 - 08:04 AM

The truck shop hooked my brother up with his wheels/tires, I think he had a private diesel mechanic do his lift.

Attached Files

Edited by mrprovy, May 22 2016 - 08:05 AM.

• killian likes this

#13 mrprovy

mrprovy

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 2,361 posts
  • LocationSelden

Posted May 22 2016 - 08:07 AM

I did my own suspension lift and got wheels/tires from discounttiredirect.com

Attached Files

#14 Vycor

Vycor

Gun Guru

• 1,851 posts

Posted May 22 2016 - 08:59 AM

I can't do my own lift... I don't have that skillset (my skills with vehicles stops at electrical). So that's out of the question.

Any truck shop will work on a new truck... lol... who would turn away business because the truck is new *rolls eyes*

Any shop will also work on a truck even if they don't go offroading (they will probably recommend a less expensive lift kit... one without coilovers maybe since they are not going to be used on the pavement for example)

I've stopped at the Truck Shop. nice folks there. I've known about them a while. Someone I work with told me they did a bad job on his brothers trucks... but that's one guy who had an issue. You can get that "one" bad review anywhere you go.

I also stopped at RMS offroad... but he was $2k higher using the same components basically. Truck shop wasn't charging me a lot extra on hardware. I can buy all the components through distribution so what he was charging me, was a fair markup. I think RMS was charging me a huge markup on the parts.

#15 zzrguy

zzrguy

That Guy

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 10,096 posts
  • LocationIn a dark corner in the center of my happy place.

Posted May 22 2016 - 09:12 AM

Ok you said your making off road lighting what kind light I'm interested in some light for my Tundra

#16 O1SalsaX

O1SalsaX

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,377 posts

Posted May 22 2016 - 09:37 AM

I can't do my own lift... I don't have that skillset (my skills with vehicles stops at electrical). So that's out of the question.

Any truck shop will work on a new truck... lol... who would turn away business because the truck is new *rolls eyes*

Any shop will also work on a truck even if they don't go offroading (they will probably recommend a less expensive lift kit... one without coilovers maybe since they are not going to be used on the pavement for example)

I've stopped at the Truck Shop. nice folks there. I've known about them a while. Someone I work with told me they did a bad job on his brothers trucks... but that's one guy who had an issue. You can get that "one" bad review anywhere you go.

I also stopped at RMS offroad... but he was $2k higher using the same components basically. Truck shop wasn't charging me a lot extra on hardware. I can buy all the components through distribution so what he was charging me, was a fair markup. I think RMS was charging me a huge markup on the parts.

Not every shop will touch a lift on a new vehicle due to liability, especially with all of the computers and systems built in that might be affected.
RMS has a lifted Cadillac escalade pickup with all of the electronics still intact so maybe you should go there.
I've heard lots of horror stories about the truck shop.
First hand experience, I was quoted over $1k for them to install a 2 inch body lift on my Xterra. Bwhahahahaha
It took me a weekend using my gravel driveway and hand tools.
You want a long Island shop without long Island prices... Good luck with that.

If you want a real offroad shop go to OK4WD in NJ.
First hand experiences there were fantastic. Reasonable prices and great work.

If it's an F150, why not look into a Raptor type of lift or suspension setup?
  • Jakef150 likes this

#17 Toothy

Toothy

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 1,050 posts

Posted May 22 2016 - 10:14 AM

Mt. Sinai Wheel Alignment is pretty knowledgeable from what I hear and have been in business for like 50 years. I've only heard good things..can't vouch for their fees. They are the goto guys around these parts for anything Jeep and lift related.

http://www.mswauto.com

#18 1911guy

1911guy

Marksman

• Donated Member
  • 86 posts
  • LocationLong Island New York

Posted May 22 2016 - 11:23 AM

I have to agree, Ive know Leo for a number of years. He is great guy and he has built some very series trucks in his day. Very skilled welder and fabricator as well. He's a fair guy, very honest.

#19 etl330

etl330

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 120 posts
  • LocationLI

Posted May 22 2016 - 11:37 AM

Lol I would stay very very far away from RMS and Truck shop. TNT I wouldn't go near because of the guy's attitude, though it seems he may have gotten better since going full time at the shop as you don't hear as many bad stories anymore. Goonie's Garage in Holtsville is fantastic and John knows his stuff, but he has really evolved into strictly a jeep shop because that's what he likes to do the most. He's just getting over and injury and may still be backlogged(actually he's almost always got a wait to get into the shop), but you'd definitely be in capable, honest and fair hands with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • O1SalsaX, Jakef150 and roadraje like this

#20 Jakef150

Jakef150

Respected Gunowner

• Club LIF Member
  • 272 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted May 22 2016 - 12:34 PM

Have a friends come over and helping you with lift, after that, party!!

That what we did in past with jeeps stuff
  • Mad Russian likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recomendation, for, an, off, road, company, lift

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users