Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

LEOs...a stopped school bus question

leosa stopped school bus question

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 Billy1258

Billy1258

Respected Gunowner

• Club LIF Member
  • 122 posts

Posted May 11 2016 - 01:52 PM

Has anyone ever seen anyone stop on the opposite side of a divided highway?

On William Floyd Parkway (a divided highway) I always stop because I know I'm supposed to, but it scares the crap out of me when I see cars in my rear-view mirror coming at me at 65 mph.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#42 snowblind

snowblind

Nimble Navigator

• Established Member
  • 890 posts

Posted May 11 2016 - 03:39 PM

Both turns are fine.
  • NRATC53 likes this

#43 William Anthony

William Anthony

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 208 posts
  • LocationEast Quogue L.I. N.Y.

Posted October 05 2016 - 05:05 PM

Turning in front of a stopped bus with his reds flashing and a stop sign out and letting children off is not a good idea. Could you get a ticket , I'm not sure but it's still not a good idea. A child could be crossing that intersection. Just because a bus is stopped at the intersection , that doesn't mean a child won't be crossing to the other side. I've been driving a school bus for 12 yrs and I still get people blowing by the bus from behind and coming toward the bus with the reds flashing and the stop sign out. I am very aware of this and make sure everything is clear before I let any children proceed. Even if you get the offender's plate number the police are powerless to do anything about it unless they see the violation .... On a highway you are supposed to stop on both sides, notice I said supposed to.! On that diagram if you make a left turn you are passing in front of the bus. If you you make a right turn you are not.
  • ProGodProGunProLife likes this

#44 VtwinHP

VtwinHP

Respected Gunowner

• 175 posts

Posted October 05 2016 - 05:32 PM

But Your Honor , A guy from a gun forum who says he's L/E said its OK.

#45 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,477 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted October 05 2016 - 06:17 PM

My friend is a cop in the city and said this card will get me out of paying a ticket.
  • NRATC53 and Tonto like this

#46 NRATC53

NRATC53

Soon to be Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 21,024 posts

Posted October 06 2016 - 04:34 AM

My friend is a cop in the city and said this card will get me out of paying a ticket.

Can you get a ticket for it? Sure you can, you can get a ticket for any violation, real or not. I got a ticket for "No rear window" one time. Not obstructed, (and lacking two side mirrors) No rear window. Went to court with it, the look on the judge's face was priceless
  • Tonto likes this

#47 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 7,477 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted October 06 2016 - 08:53 AM

Can you get a ticket for it? Sure you can, you can get a ticket for any violation, real or not. I got a ticket for "No rear window" one time. Not obstructed, (and lacking two side mirrors) No rear window. Went to court with it, the look on the judge's face was priceless

One of the boys was writing equipment violations, telling the driver you have 10 days to repair a light or windshield.
It's 24 hours for a lighting defect. A cracked windshield 375-22 VTL wasn't. It was a regular ticket.
In Verbal Judo, for traffic stops. If you pull a driver over for moving violation and the vehicle has a cracked windshield, expired Inspection and the driver was nice. You can tell them that you let them off the mover but did write the non mover. Every job has one...
  • NRATC53 likes this

#48 NRATC53

NRATC53

Soon to be Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 21,024 posts

Posted October 06 2016 - 09:38 AM

One of the boys was writing equipment violations, telling the driver you have 10 days to repair a light or windshield.
It's 24 hours for a lighting defect. A cracked windshield 375-22 VTL wasn't. It was a regular ticket.
In Verbal Judo, for traffic stops. If you pull a driver over for moving violation and the vehicle has a cracked windshield, expired Inspection and the driver was nice. You can tell them that you let them off the mover but did write the non mover. Every job has one...

Yeah, this particular guy was well known for being a jackass. His opening statement of "Do you know why I pulled you over?" was met by "No, I don't" because I really didn't do anything that time. He went right to "You have no back window". My reply was "and?" He wrote the ticket and that was that

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: leosa, stopped, school, bus, question

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users