Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Beach permit dimensions

beach permit dimensions

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 mrprovy

mrprovy

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,337 posts
  • LocationSelden

Posted April 25 2016 - 08:33 AM

Hey guys, I'm trying to find out what the dimensions are of the Suffolk country Beach permit (outer Beach/4x4)... I'm fabricating a perminantly mounted bracket for it b/c I refuse to put a sticker on my paint! Thanks

Edited by mrprovy, April 25 2016 - 08:34 AM.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 kreas

kreas

Respected Gunowner

• Club LIF Member
  • 181 posts

Posted April 25 2016 - 09:14 AM

7" wide x 4" high. Make sure it is a perminent bracket. They now walk out to your truck and watch you put the sticker on. I have always mounted a vanity plate above my regular plate and put the sticker there. This year they said that's no good. I had to put it on the bumper, which I didn't want to do.

#3 class3

class3

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 3,554 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted April 25 2016 - 09:17 AM

Why wouldn't you put the sticker on paint? As long as the paint is waxed before application it comes off pretty easily for me with WD40. On the other hand a bracket would look cool.

#4 gripper

gripper

Gun Guru

• Established Member
  • 1,949 posts

Posted April 25 2016 - 11:09 AM

yeah must be attached to truck for good so you can not swap them from truck to truck, you know because writing the lisc plate # on the permit with a sharpie is way to hard to see if plate matches sticker, how about just punishing the jackwads who are swapping them out and really it has to be attached in front of an county employee ?? what if the truck is dirty, raining personally I want to go in a down pour and take my sweet butt time putting it on the truck only problem is its the low guy on the pole being punished making them stand in the rain not the ones who thought this was the ONLY option,

#5 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• 3,938 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted April 25 2016 - 11:24 AM

same deal with beach and boat trailer permits at the Town of Oyster Bay. One sheethead ruins things for every hundred people.
  • Mad Russian likes this

#6 1895guy

1895guy

shots fired

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 2,350 posts
  • Locationport jeff

Posted April 25 2016 - 11:42 AM

that reminds me... i have to go get mine

#7 mrprovy

mrprovy

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,337 posts
  • LocationSelden

Posted April 25 2016 - 12:17 PM

Thanks... We'll see what they say, otherwise they can refund my money and I'll go elsewhere
  • General.rr likes this

#8 etl330

etl330

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 120 posts
  • LocationLI

Posted April 25 2016 - 02:02 PM

I really don't get why it's not just a window sticker. Would make things 1000x easier. The state permit index card may be even worse - very easy to blow away in the wind on the beach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 gripper

gripper

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member
  • 1,949 posts

Posted April 25 2016 - 02:52 PM

the yellow state permit should fade to a nice shade of whiteish yellow before to long on the dash this year

#10 mrprovy

mrprovy

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,337 posts
  • LocationSelden

Posted April 30 2016 - 08:43 AM

Here's what I made up... It's permenently bolted to the fender.

Attached Files

• Mad Russian likes this

#11 Vycor

Vycor

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 1,805 posts

Posted April 30 2016 - 11:54 PM

Wait they make you put a sticker on the truck now? No more paper/cardboard permit they hand you (i missed the deadline for it this past Friday)

#12 mrprovy

mrprovy

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,337 posts
  • LocationSelden

Posted May 01 2016 - 06:39 AM

I'm referring to the Suffolk county outer Beach permit; you may be thinking of NYS's permit

#13 kreas

kreas

Respected Gunowner

• Club LIF Member
  • 181 posts

Posted May 01 2016 - 07:13 AM

That looks awesome. I had to put it on my bumper. I wasn't aware of the new stupidness when I went to get my permit. Women that helped me mention they caught a bunch of people pulling onto the beach In a row with the same permit number. Its ridiculous that stupid people continually screw things up for everybody. Not just with the beach permits but just about everything.

#14 Stainless45

Stainless45

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 555 posts
  • LocationSouth Shore

Posted May 01 2016 - 07:52 AM

Shouldn't we all just tape a copy of our tax bill to our bumper instead?
  • Mad Russian likes this

#15 mrprovy

mrprovy

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2,337 posts
  • LocationSelden

Posted May 28 2016 - 02:00 PM

Can someone send me a picture or know specifically what fitting they have set up for air hoses at the county parks?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: beach, permit, dimensions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users